**Sunshine coast meet up - June 2011**

Guest nataliepowell
Thanks for that Jon, the resort looks fab. How far from the airport is it? I would like the details of the travel agent please - maybe it will make me more decisive! But heh, if I had pressed the button last night I wouldn't have the option of stopping over longer :laugh:. Not that we can stay too long, my start date is the 4th of July and we can't leave until the 27th as it's my Mum's 80th birthday do on the 25th/26th. Still I guess we would recover more quickly on arrival.

Many thanks, Nikki

Have you tried the singapore stopover deal? We are flying to Singapore on 7 June staying for 4 nights at Park Royal Beach Road (think that is right from memory!) and you get hotel cheaper with stopover deal and free entry to Singapore zoo and lots of other freebies like sim card and bus ticket etc - look at the promotions tab on their website

Natalie :wink:

Guest Bath2Brisbane
Have you tried the singapore stopover deal? We are flying to Singapore on 7 June staying for 4 nights at Park Royal Beach Road (think that is right from memory!) and you get hotel cheaper with stopover deal and free entry to Singapore zoo and lots of other freebies like sim card and bus ticket etc - look at the promotions tab on their website

Natalie :wink:

Thanks Natlaie

I have now booked flights with just short stop to get our heads down - managed to get top deck on first leg :biggrin:. So we arrive in Brisbane 29th June! Just to let you know, there is a Guide Dog Open Day on Sunday 3rd July - details to follow. Usually good family day out (ones in uk are). I'll let you know details when I know more.

Nikki

Hello

nataliepowell and myself have been organising a meet up for anyone who are also arriving around this time or, who are already there in the Buderim, Noosa, Maroochydore, Mooloolaba and any other surrounding areas.

We will be at the Buderim Tavern from 1pm on Saturday June 25th. Should this date not be suitable for the majority who wish to attend, please let me know, we could aim for Saturday 2nd July. Anyone welcome including children.

Check out Home - Buderim Tavern, Buderim, QLD, 4556 (very child friendly)

Buderim Tavern

81 Burnett St

Buderim, Queensland, 4556

Please reply if this sounds of interest! Will be great to meet you :wink:

I am Heidi, married to Jonathan with a four year old daughter called Poppy.

Hi Heidi

Just read your post and we would love to come then. We arrived about 6 weeks ago and are keen to meet up with some friendly faces. We are living in Nambour, so coming over towards Buderim is no problem. If you know of anyone meeting up over Easter hols, that would be great too. We have 2 children, aged 9 and 6.

Thanks

Trudi

Hi there

We have not long arrived from UK and would love to meet up with people who have been here longer and know the ropes! We have 2 children aged 9 and 6 so if anyone fancys meeting up, maybe over Easter hols, just let me know. Thanks. Trudi

Guest nataliepowell
Hi Heidi

Just read your post and we would love to come then. We arrived about 6 weeks ago and are keen to meet up with some friendly faces. We are living in Nambour, so coming over towards Buderim is no problem. If you know of anyone meeting up over Easter hols, that would be great too. We have 2 children, aged 9 and 6.

Thanks

Trudi

Jus to let you know the meet has changed to 2nd July

Natalie x

• 2 months later...
Guest Hayesfamily2011

Hi there, Hayes family here, I wish we were already there to come and meet up but we dont get to Sunshine coast until 24th August and we cant wait. Hope you will all be meeting up after that.

Take it easy. :jiggy:

Jo, Gary, Kelsey & Lottie Hayes

xxx

Guest nataliepowell

Hi hopefully we will def be meeting up again. Give us a shout when you arrive we will be happy to help if we can. We came over having never been to oz before so we are learning the hard way!

Natalie

Hi Natalie

When did you arrive, how has it been so far? we fly out on Thursday. Stressed out with all the things to do, just want to get on that bloody plane now. See you at the Buderim Tavern in July

Goodluck settling in

Jon

Guest nataliepowell

Hi Jon

Not too bad but been very hectic. Andy worked until the day before we left so as you can imagine I was quite stressed before we left! The 4 night stopover in SIngapore was great and we would love to go back there again. We have spent all this week searching areas - a mini reccie - as you know we had never been here before and your ideas before you come out change when you get here :)

We are looking at some houses in Little Mountain on Monday along with the Meridan State SChool so see what happens. We liked Beerwah but I wasnt totally sure about the primary school and the distance form the beach etc..

Whereabouts are you settling?

Natalie

Guest cazbeckham

Hi Natalie

Beerwah is nice but too remote for me and a bit too far from the beach. WE had been here twice before on holidays and had drive/flown up the east coast from Melbourne to Cairns.

When we arrived here in 2008 we stayed with our Daughter and Son in Law in Brisbane then drove up the sunshine coast for a reccie.

We did drive through a lot of places but they didn't feel right, then when we can through Buderim and onto our estate where we live, we thought Great, it had the right feeling and was right for us.

Shope on the corner of the road, bus stop at the end of the road, Sippy Downs shops 5 mins away and beach 10 mins drive, what more could we ask for.

Plus we have a north facing garden so the solar for the pool and the leccy is all good.

Hope you find somewhere suitable soon. If you are still looking for rental there are rental properties on Toral Drive, off Stringybark Road.

Someone from PIO rented a property there recently and it was very nice.

Speak to you soon

Hi Jon

Not too bad but been very hectic. Andy worked until the day before we left so as you can imagine I was quite stressed before we left! The 4 night stopover in SIngapore was great and we would love to go back there again. We have spent all this week searching areas - a mini reccie - as you know we had never been here before and your ideas before you come out change when you get here :)

We are looking at some houses in Little Mountain on Monday along with the Meridan State SChool so see what happens. We liked Beerwah but I wasnt totally sure about the primary school and the distance form the beach etc..

Whereabouts are you settling?

Natalie

Hi Natalie

We're looking forward to our 4 night stay in Singapore too, just to relax and clear our heads for the next stage.

We are staying at first at Peregian Beach for 4 weeks then we are pretty open minded. Schools will be important so we will base around what we find we we get there. Make it up as you go along has always been my favourite plan lol.

Buderim looks nice and has a good reputation and Peregian springs is another alternative for us. Pelican waters which we have visited previous is an outside option as well.

Little Mountain has a good school from what we have heard but we haven't been there previously.

So much choice, can't wait.

Goodluck on settling in and look forward to meeting you all at the Buderim tavern!

Jon

Guest The Joker

Haven't been on here for ages but will be along to the Buderim Tavern on July 2nd. What time is the meet?

• 1 month later...

I know this post was quite some time ago, but can I ask how you got on?

We're heading to the Sunshine Coast in November. We're both in our late twenties, have a 2 year old and will be living with my sister for first 6 months. Although my OH is Scottish and I'm aussie, I've been in the UK for 5 years now and I am originally from Sydney so the Sunshine Coast is new to me too! :biggrin:

Do you think you'll be organising any other meets just before Christmas? Would love to make friends, especially for our little one.

:fish:

Guest nataliepowell

Hiya

We are settling in well. My husband has found a job -started today! Just need to find another car now. I am sure we will arrange another meet nearer the time. . My sister is coming over at christmas aswell for good with her 2 children. I will be doing a proper update soon so that will have all the info - give us a shout nearer the time and we can meet up when you arrive - will be nice to meet some true ozzie's as everyone we seem to meet is English or Kiwi !

Good Luck

Natalie

• 1 month later...

Hi Haven't posted on here since we arrived in Jan. We are living in Coolum Beach with our 2 year old. All has gone well so far, both working (for now my contract ends in Nov) and after living with friends for 3 months we rented a place here in Coolum and loving it.

We would be happy to meet up.

We seem to have missed the other meet up in Buderim.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest vickyw1

Hi all, just wondering if you all still meet up as we've just arrived from Sydney (left uk in '98) and would love to make some new friends up here. We have 3 kids, 11, 9 and 2. Cheers, Vicky.

Guest nataliepowell

Hi Vicky yes some of us meetup normally via the facebook group. Pm me and I will give you details and my number :) Where abouts are you living? Maybe meeting up with Trudi for the first time on Sunday at Currimundi Lakes if you want to come along? Thx Nat

Archived