**Sunshine coast meet up - June 2011**

Hello

nataliepowell and myself have been organising a meet up for anyone who are also arriving around this time or, who are already there in the Buderim, Noosa, Maroochydore, Mooloolaba and any other surrounding areas.

We will be at the Buderim Tavern from 1pm on Saturday June 25th. Should this date not be suitable for the majority who wish to attend, please let me know, we could aim for Saturday 2nd July. Anyone welcome including children.

Check out Home - Buderim Tavern, Buderim, QLD, 4556 (very child friendly)

Buderim Tavern

81 Burnett St

Buderim, Queensland, 4556

Please reply if this sounds of interest! Will be great to meet you :wink:

I am Heidi, married to Jonathan with a four year old daughter called Poppy.

Hi

Sadly we don't arrive until the 29th June otherwise we would have loved to have met up, next time maybe!:arghh:

Jon

Well let's see how many respond, and who is available, and who would like to go and...maybe we can rearrange date. Brightonboys might not be around so if you would like to go and there are others, we will change it. :wink:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hello

nataliepowell and myself have been organising a meet up for anyone who are also arriving around this time or, who are already there in the Buderim, Noosa, Maroochydore, Mooloolaba and any other surrounding areas.

We will be at the Buderim Tavern from 1pm on Saturday June 25th. Should this date not be suitable for the majority who wish to attend, please let me know, we could aim for Saturday 2nd July. Anyone welcome including children.

Check out Home - Buderim Tavern, Buderim, QLD, 4556 (very child friendly)

Buderim Tavern

81 Burnett St

Buderim, Queensland, 4556

Please reply if this sounds of interest! Will be great to meet you :wink:

I am Heidi, married to Jonathan with a four year old daughter called Poppy.

Hi Heidi

i wish we were there to meet you, sounds like a great idea meeting up with nice people from PIO, we did this when we were in Brisbane last year.

Guest nataliepowell

Not many other replies yet so lets go for 2 July then you can come along too as we will all be in the same boat having just arrived

Thanks

natalie

Guest nataliepowell
May have to take a rain check (just checked the dates heidi) Micheal has a rather big birthday that weekend....

Brighton boys - can you make the revised date? :biggrin:

Natalie

Guest jconroy7

Hi Guys,

Sounds good, will meet you there. We live in Sippy Downs with our 2 year old daughter.

Cheers,

John and Donna

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Davey H

Guys,

Just joined PIO & been in the sunny coast for 3 years with my OH+ 3.

Originally from Southampton now in Kawana.

If meet still goes ahead we may pop up!!!

Also any questions we can try & help.

Good Luck.

Guest Davey H

Natalie,

Have just joined PIO & been here on the coast for 3 years with oh +3 kids.

Just realised you are from Southampton.

Love to know where, we were originally from Hythe.

Good luck with the move & may catch you at the meet.

D+4

Guest Bath2Brisbane
Hi

Sadly we don't arrive until the 29th June otherwise we would have loved to have met up, next time maybe!:arghh:

Jon

Hi Jon, just noticed you are arriving the 29th June - we may be doing the same (only haven't booked flights yet). Who are you flying with and where are you planning to live?

Nikki

Hi Nikki

We are flying with Singapore airlines, flown with them a few times now and they're brilliant. We are flying on the 23rd and are having a few nights in Singapore, if you plan a stopover then I would highly recommend it, my kids love it there.

We are looking at a few places, we have booked a holiday rent at Peregian for a month and will decide form there. Peregian, Buderim and Pelican are on our radar, we have had good responces back from the schools in those areas so that will enter into our choice.

Where are you heading?

Regards

Jon

Guest Bath2Brisbane

Hi Jon, I have been looking at flights with Singapore airlines for the past hour - we too are thinking of a stopover, but just one night to get our heads down. Which hotel are you staying at, did you book it through the airline or independently? (I'm usually quite decisive but cant seem to make a decision to save my life at the moment!) I was tempted by Emirates with their 30kg allowance but the flight times to Brisbane are mad!

When we arrive (if I ever book this flight), we will stay with friends in Ashgrove (north of the river); I will be working in Bald Hills (further north) so I guess we will live somewhere in between the two - I need to find a good school for my daughter (her school here was just voted one of the best primary's in UK - how guilty do I feel!) .... but guilt is a wasted emotion and I have a flight to book!:chatterbox:

How old are your kids? Nikki

Hi Nikki

We booked our flights and hotel in Singapore through a small independant travel agents who we have used 3/4 times previous, when booking stopovers it gets a bit complicated over the internet and we found the travel agents were cheaper. The place to stay in Singapore is the Rasa Sentosa

Sentosa Resorts | Rasa Sentosa Resort Singapore

We have stayed there 5 times previously and it really is fab, you will need more than one night though!!! We are staying 4 nights, our thinking is that it will do us good to chill out after the stress of the move before we arrive and face the stress of sorting everything out in Oz. My boys love the place and insisted we stayed there a while. My 2 boys are 12 & 7. The travel agents again booked our hotel, for some reason they are able to do it cheaper than we could do it direct. If you want there details let me know and I'll pm them to you. They are based in the midlands but they'll do it over the phone for you.

Good luck and get those flights booked LOL

Jon

Guest Bath2Brisbane

Thanks for that Jon, the resort looks fab. How far from the airport is it? I would like the details of the travel agent please - maybe it will make me more decisive! But heh, if I had pressed the button last night I wouldn't have the option of stopping over longer :laugh:. Not that we can stay too long, my start date is the 4th of July and we can't leave until the 27th as it's my Mum's 80th birthday do on the 25th/26th. Still I guess we would recover more quickly on arrival.

Many thanks, Nikki