Can daughter come ???

crosbyx4

My wife & 2 kids are hoping to move to melbourne soon from the uk, I have a daughter from a previous marrage who lives with us and is 31 years old, her mother lives in sidney (for 15 years) , now she wants to come with us cos she realises all her family + brothers & sisters will be over there & she will be on her own !!!!!, my wife has said she dose not think she can travel with us even though she lives with and we are her only remaining close family in uk, ( she thinks its because of her age) is this true ??? is there a way she can travel with us and keep our family together, please give any advice you can,:sad: (its true the older your kids get the more of a pain they are)

Guest chriscarina

Hi all,

We have just recieved our visa, And im leaving my daughter in the uk, Due to she is nearly 19 and thinks she doesnt want to come due to college and friends, I tryed my hardest to get her to stay at home but her friend had a house and wanted to move in with her, Like they do at there age, Think they know whats best, Which i had to let her do, Like she says Mum its your dream moving to oz, not mine, One of my worrys are when we make the move i know she will miss us and she has 2 young siblings, Who she is very close too, What would be her options if she dedided to move over at a later date? Her natural father is in the uk but lives in london and we live in Yorkshire, So they dont really have much contact and its always on his terms, If you get me!!

Could we get her out on a last remaining relative visa.

Thanks in advance Carina.

Hi all,

We have just recieved our visa, And im leaving my daughter in the uk, Due to she is nearly 19 and thinks she doesnt want to come due to college and friends, I tryed my hardest to get her to stay at home but her friend had a house and wanted to move in with her, Like they do at there age, Think they know whats best, Which i had to let her do, Like she says Mum its your dream moving to oz, not mine, One of my worrys are when we make the move i know she will miss us and she has 2 young siblings, Who she is very close too, What would be her options if she dedided to move over at a later date? Her natural father is in the uk but lives in london and we live in Yorkshire, So they dont really have much contact and its always on his terms, If you get me!!

Could we get her out on a last remaining relative visa.

Thanks in advance Carina.

I take it she wasn't included in the visa application? if she was, then insist that she at least validate, so she has the option of coming out in at some point in the next 5yrs if she changes her mind.

If she has any family left in the UK then she can't get a last remaining relative visa. She would probably have to train in a skill and go that route, or get a student visa and pay huge amounts of money for her qualifications, with no guarantee of a visa at the other end.

Guest chriscarina

Hi RockDr,

Unforturnately when we got our co was asked if she was still dependant on me and i had to tell the truth and sign a letter stating that she was no longer dependant on myself as she was no longer living with me, Even though i pay some of her rent and food each week! She is doing a Media Studies Course at the moment would she be able to continue that kind of course in oz? Or start another course, Dont know the ins and outs of student visa but i will look into it now,

Thanks Carina.

I take it she wasn't included in the visa application? if she was, then insist that she at least validate, so she has the option of coming out in at some point in the next 5yrs if she changes her mind.

If she has any family left in the UK then she can't get a last remaining relative visa. She would probably have to train in a skill and go that route, or get a student visa and pay huge amounts of money for her qualifications, with no guarantee of a visa at the other end.

Or she could come on a whv and hopefully get an employer sponsored visa after that. It's not entirely impossible so don't worry to much (if that's possible)

Hoping for a move to oz in the coming year or two.......hoping not three!

Guest chriscarina

Hi munchbaby99

Thanks for that i will also look into WHV too, Its mums instincts i know she will want to come one day, And i feel i cant leave her now, I could of locked up her that day in her room when she left, eekk kids!!

Thanks Carina.

Hi RockDr,

Unforturnately when we got our co was asked if she was still dependant on me and i had to tell the truth and sign a letter stating that she was no longer dependant on myself as she was no longer living with me, Even though i pay some of her rent and food each week! She is doing a Media Studies Course at the moment would she be able to continue that kind of course in oz? Or start another course, Dont know the ins and outs of student visa but i will look into it now,

Thanks Carina.

was she in F-T education? if so she would have been classed as dependent.

Our son is at uni so not living with us for most of the year but he is still classed as dependent on us.

Guest chriscarina
was she in F-T education? if so she would have been classed as dependent.

Our son is at uni so not living with us for most of the year but he is still classed as dependent on us.

Hi,

Yes she is classed as fulltime, omg i didnt use an agent for the whole of visa so i wasnt aware of this.. i feel sick now, Is there anything i can do now?

She is on income support and gets some help from housing benefit, I was lend to believe if they claimed anything like that, she wouldnt of been classed as dependant on me anymore.

Can anybody advise on any of this?

Thanks for letting me know Carina.

Hi,

Yes she is classed as fulltime, omg i didnt use an agent for the whole of visa so i wasnt aware of this.. i feel sick now, Is there anything i can do now?

She is on income support and gets some help from housing benefit, I was lend to believe if they claimed anything like that, she wouldnt of been classed as dependant on me anymore.

Can anybody advise on any of this?

Thanks for letting me know Carina.

I was thinking the same as Rammygirl, that you could have said she was dependent because she was in full time education.

However you have thrown me with the income support an dhousing benefit, students don't normally get this, so it might not have been as straight forward.

Guest chriscarina
I was thinking the same as Rammygirl, that you could have said she was dependent because she was in full time education.

However you have thrown me with the income support an dhousing benefit, students don't normally get this, so it might not have been as straight forward.

Hi Pumpkin,

She gets them as she is in college fulltime not Uni and lives on her own. Not with me, But i pay some of her rent, due to her not having any children and been under 25 yrs housing will not pay all her rent, This is why i was lend to believe she was no longer dependant on myself, Due to her getting these benefits Hope this has cleared the confusion, And thanks everyone for your help:wubclub:

Carina.

Archived