You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

steen1976

Stress

Bloody hell I thought this process would be tough enough but didn't quite appreciate the wringer it can put you through.

The excitement of the job offer

The decision as to whether to go for it

Telling family - one half takes it well the other not so

Registering with AHPRA - arrrgh

Interview in the middle of the night

Elation of getting the job

Telling friends

Shipping

UK property decision

Decorating UK property to rent it

All the research

"How expensive is Sydney!!"

A whole lot more

Worst of it being we were told a 3 month notice period could be a problem so handed the notice in early on the understanding they would be submitting the nomination after new year - they only got it in last friday and the missus is finished work in 3 weeks :mad:I would never have allowed it for a job here but made the exception for this. To make things worse the new employer has misunderstood the AHPRAs "eligible for registration" with the condition that she practices for 152 supervised. They were trying to say she'll have to work as an 'intern' for a month on nearly half pay. Nooooo. I also feared that could cause a problem with the visa.

Finally seem to have got it sorted now and just waiting on nomination approval and then we've got the e457 to do.

Sorry for the long post and I know folk will go through a lot worse but I'm just drained at the minute.

Good luck to all going through it.

457 - Nomination Submitted 17/02/2011. Nomination Approved 12/03/2011. e457 Submitted 13/03/2011. Visa Approved 26/03/2011. Landing in Sydney 23/05/2011.