register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest mina helmy

name spelling in ielts certificate is different

Guest mina helmy

plz help needed the spelling of my name in ielts certificate is different than the spelling of my name in all other documents also it has my local ID number not the passport number what should i do ?

Guest MOTO
plz help needed the spelling of my name in ielts certificate is different than the spelling of my name in all other documents also it has my local ID number not the passport number what should i do ?

Hi there,

It is obvious that the issue needs to be sorted out between you and IELTS centre where you sat your exam. You need to contact them and explain what the problem is.

Regards,

MOTO

Guest happycrappy

Glid i didn't do the tist, kan't spill

Hi Mina

Yes you have to tell them and get this corrected.

Good luck

Kate

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest mina helmy

i contact the ielts people and they told me that it can't be changed.

my name is in Arabic and the translation to English differ from one to another

i contact the ielts people and they told me that it can't be changed.

my name is in Arabic and the translation to English differ from one to another

Hi

Yes, it cat Be Corrected, The Name which shows on passport will appear on ur IELTS Certificate.

Also, when you sat in the exam, They tell us to check the name, you should have inform them at that time only, or you have to change ur passport with proper name.

ACS: 2231-79 (nec) |176 Family Sponsored: 10.Jan.2010 | ABPF : 10 Feb 2010 |Applied for ACS New : ACS Success | CO : 14 Oct 2011 | Medical Finalized : 25 Oct 2011 (Me & Wife), Daughter Medical: 2/11/2011. | PCC: 3/11/2011 VISA Grant : 4/11/2011

Glid i didn't do the tist, kan't spill

You must be from New Zealand...:laugh:

ACS 03/10 (2231-79) | 885 PR 03/10 (P4) | 485 TR 2/10 | ICT Business Analyst | Confirmed CAT 3 5/11 | CO 28/06 | Meds ETA 04/08/11 | Visa Granted 09/08/2011

Well, in case, IELTS doesn't cater to the correction you can mention this variant of your name under the "Other Names" heading where you fill in the details in whichever Visa application.

You should have submitted an official doc(normally passport) that carries your name in English so it wouldn't have been left to the IELTS people.

Cheers!:smile:

Vetassess:Feb'09 IELTS: Mar'09 SA SS(176): Sep'10

Visa application: Oct'10 CO: May'11 MEDS & PCC: Oct'12 VISA Grant: 5th Feb 2013:jiggy:

Guest MOTO
Well, in case, IELTS doesn't cater to the correction you can mention this variant of your name under the "Other Names" heading where you fill in the details in whichever Visa application.

You should have submitted an official doc(normally passport) that carries your name in English so it wouldn't have been left to the IELTS people.

Cheers!:smile:

I would also advise you to attach a copy of the original document (national id card in your case) used for your identity verification at the time of the exam along with your visa application. Additional note explaining your situation , won't hurt either.

Good luck with it all.

MOTO

Hello,
I am having ielts score 6:00. I have obtained Masters degree from Dhaka University in Philosophy. I want to study in Australia now. I have little problem in my passport & certificate family name spelling.My name's dayal chandra mandal. In passport family name "Mandol" but certificates "Mandal". Which is better to change the passport or certificate? Can you say the soluton please ?
Thanks,
Dayal Chandra Mandal

Would submitting a Statutory Declaration explaining that both names, spelt differently are of one and the same person, be enough to clarify the situation, I wonder?