Help Needed.

Guest Jo & Steve

Guest Jo & Steve

Hi, we are currently completing a Pre Migration Skills Assessment Form, does anyone know if it is necessary to complete this before posting the form 47SK (Application for General Skilled Migration).

As the Pre Migration form could take upto six months for a reply to come back, this is before we have even submitted the 47SK form.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Jo & Steve

Hi, we are currently completing a Pre Migration Skills Assessment Form

Neva heard of it??? What is it? Usually its just a straight 47SK surely???

Guest Jo & Steve

Hi thanks for the reply. We are using an online migration agent, and they have advised this is the procedure, if we do not pass this pre migration skills assessment then there is no point completing the 47sk form. Do you know an easier way then?

:lol:

Have you looked at the immigration website. What category are you applying under. Is it skilled independent or other. You should download booklet 6 from their website and use that to start with as it tells you what is required.

I think what they mean bby a pre assessment is the points test used to see if you are eligible for immigration. Again in booklet 6 i think or else have a look at the website.

There is a current list of jobs in demand. If your applicants job is on this list you can be fast tracked.

Not dissing the agencies but unless you have a marginal case or have a really differcult case I see them as a complete waste of money! Its a relatively painless process filling in all the forms.

I think Tim the forum admin went down this route.

ANyway heres the links :wink:

immi.gov.au.com :lol:

Guest Jo & Steve

thank's for the reply davy,we seemed to have scored enough point's ie 125 but our migration agent say's we have to wait for the TRA to review our skill's.to me this seem's a very long process as it could take more than 3 month for this to come back.

my migration agent has stated that if we dont get positive feed back from the TRA we can not submit our 47SK(all very confusing)

if there is another way your advise on this matter would be greatly resived.thank's

jo&steve

Guest heather

Hi Jo & Steve

The TRA can take up to 3 months if you pay for the quicker route $500 which is £220. I think you have to make sure all the info is spot on or they will reject it. You can find all the tra info on http://www.workplace.gov.au which has loads of info and also has jobs advertised. I think you need to be patience as we all are. Trying to rush this will not help as mistakes will be made and they will send it all back. I think if you have a skill on the demand list this puts you at the top of the list so I would go through it all slowly and make sure you have all the correct info or it will cost you a lots of wasted money. Good luck

Heather

Archived