Bridging visa A - getting work permission

Guest mic

Hello everyone

I'm in the process of applying for an onshore spouse visa.Soon I'll be on the Bridging visa A but as I'm here on a tourist visa at the moment I will have the same conditions - no work permission.

I understand that I can apply for temporary working rights while my visa application is being processed based on financial hardship.

I still find it hard to believe that this wouldn't have a negative impact the visa application as the sponsor has to state that he is completely able to support the applicant for 2 years.But apparently the sponsor only has to have an yearly income of 35k to be eligible as a sponsor and if you can proof that you have high spendings you could still apply for working rights based on financial hardship to support the household.

First of all can anyone confirm this?

Has anyone gone through this process and could share his experience?

How do you lodge this application?Form 1005,is it?

What kind of supporting documents do you have to provide with it?

(I assume bank statement showing financial situation- income,rent,bills )

Any help and info is much appreciated!

Cheers

Guest siamsusie

Hi Mic,

I assisted with two friends applications for Spouse Visas in northern WA. Both of the sponsoring Spouses are earning in excess of $120,000 , they are collegues of my husbands.

Upon personal application in Perth both girls were given full working rights without asking for it.

This kicked in when their Tourist visas ran out, as did their TFN and Medicare upon application.

Now this is my experience of the situation, but I have noted that some PIO'ers particularly in Brisbane have had a totally different experience.

I think it is left to the Case Officer's discretion on many occasions.

I wish you luck and welcome to PIO

Susie x

Thanks for your reply susie!

Wow,that just sounds to good to be true!Can I ask when they lodge theirs?Apparently lot's has changed since July 2010...

Your friends, can I ask what their circumstances were eg married,kids, together with their partner for years....

By the way should I mentioned that me and my partner just moved from Perth to northern NSW and I'm going to lodge my application in Brisbane ?! :arghh:

Guest siamsusie
Thanks for your reply susie!

Wow,that just sounds to good to be true!Can I ask when they lodge theirs?Apparently lot's has changed since July 2010...

Your friends, can I ask what their circumstances were eg married,kids, together with their partner for years....

By the way should I mentioned that me and my partner just moved from Perth to northern NSW and I'm going to lodge my application in Brisbane ?! :arghh:

Hi Mic,

No , no children involved at all, both married, came in on tourist visas and had approx 12 & 18 months of evidence for their SV each.

I flew down to Perth with them to DIAC.

This happened January & February 2010. I have no experience of what has been happening in this last year.

Positive thinking Mic:hug: Susie x

Archived