Swapping from Holiday Visa to Partner Visa

Guest switcharoo100

Guest switcharoo100

Hi All,

Myself and my partner are moving back to Oz from Uk, She is british and we will be getting a working holiday visa for her.

We move back in May but by July we will have been living together for a year and applying for spouse visa.

If we have a working holiday visa can we apply for spouse visa whilst in Australia, when she is on the working holiday visa to start with?

Thanks In Advance

Steve

Hi All,

Myself and my partner are moving back to Oz from Uk, She is british and we will be getting a working holiday visa for her.

We move back in May but by July we will have been living together for a year and applying for spouse visa.

If we have a working holiday visa can we apply for spouse visa whilst in Australia, when she is on the working holiday visa to start with?

Thanks In Advance

Steve

Yes you certainly can do that.

• 4 months later...
Guest thuvan

My Brittish partner and I are in the same shoes. He arrived in Australia on a Holiday Working Visa and we just submitted our application for a spousal visa 820.

We only started to live together for only about 3 months but we're due to be married in about a month's time, but our Lawyer/Immigration Agent said we can still apply for a spousal visa instead of a de facto visa because we got an 'intended marriage' certificate to be married in August.

On the same day the Immigration Agent submitted the application, he received the bridging visa type A (which means he cannot travel outside Australia). However, since he arrived to Australia in February and his Holiday working Visa expires next year in February, so the bridging visa will not kick in until next year in February.

I hope that helps

Archived