Anyone up for some girly drinks in Mel?

Guest vinolover

It was really nice to meet everybody on Saturday. Thanks for arranging Vinolover. Would be nice to meet again in a few weeks if anybody fancies it ? Was thinking may'be a wee lunch and a beer on a Saturday or Sunday in the CBD or Carlton. PM me if interested and we can get something arranged.

Cheers

L

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I'm new to Melb and didn't see this thread until too late. If you ladies are arranging another meet up I would def be interested in joing if that would be ok.

A little about me: I'm 28 from Somerset and a mental health nurse, well I will be when my rego comes through. My husband and I moved here properly 4 weeks ago and because I cant work yet I havent really been able to meet anyone new, so am starting to get homesick and am really missing my girls from back home.

So like I said, if you do arrange another meet I'd be interested in joining if ok?

hello,

i also missed this thread,

Im 28. moved from Oxford in December, and live in Altona but work in the city in the week, if i could come along to the next meet up that would be fab, as one of the things I am really missing is my girlies back home,

thanks

Nics

Guest Caitmelbourne

Sorry I couldn't make the last meet-up, extra keen for the next one...

29 & been in Melbourne a while but have been a bit lazy on the making friends front & really craving some girly wines!

Guest ruthjb

hi. im not sure if im replying to these posts to late but i am moving to melbourne in about 3 weeks with my husband and 1 year old daughter and would love to join you all for some vino. im 28, from newcastle originally but been living in manchester for the last 10 years. hope to hear from you.x

Guest Caitmelbourne

Hi Ruth, a fellow North Eastener (I'm from Middlesbrough but lived in Leeds & then London before Melbourne)

Where will you be living? Good luck with the move!

hi. im not sure if im replying to these posts to late but i am moving to melbourne in about 3 weeks with my husband and 1 year old daughter and would love to join you all for some vino. im 28, from newcastle originally but been living in manchester for the last 10 years. hope to hear from you.x

Guest ruthjb

hi. my reply may be to late but i would love to join you for some girly drinks. i will be arriving in Melbourne at the beginning of next month, just got 457 visas through today-yay. i am 28 and have a one year old daughter. would love to join you for some vino.x

Guest ruthjb

Thought my first message didnt work so wrote it again- what a wally!

hi there. not sure where we will be in melbourne as my husbands work are putting us up for 4 weeks then we have to find our own place after that. been looking around east-south east areas, but totally overwhelmed by choice of areas at the moment.

my husband lived in leeds for a while and loved it. how you finding melbourne? we have never been to oz, so quite a big gamble emmigrating but it is to good an opportunity to turn down.xx

Guest Caitmelbourne

Haha no worries.

Wow how exciting! Melbourne is fantastic I'm sure you'll love it, I've been here just over a year (457 visa also) & work in & around the South-East area. That's great that your hubbies employer will be putting you up initally, removes some of the stress. My sister lives in Leeds currently (she is 27) & is applying for sponsorship as a mental health nurse over here....fingers crossed she will be here in 6 months time with her boyfriend. They fell in love with Melbourne after spending some time here last year.

Sure there will be plenty of meet-ups to attend, I'm yet to make one but very keen to make some English friends :cute:

Guest ruthjb

It is exciting but also a little scary! i am actually a nurse also, although not mental health. im sure your sister will have no problems being sponsored. im glad to hear you like melbourne, im really looking forward to exploring a whole new city/country. i will definately attend a meet up when i arrive as we only know two people out there and they are both my husbands friends who i have never met-better than no one at all tho-haha. my email is curlyruth@hotmail.com

Haha no worries.

Wow how exciting! Melbourne is fantastic I'm sure you'll love it, I've been here just over a year (457 visa also) & work in & around the South-East area. That's great that your hubbies employer will be putting you up initally, removes some of the stress. My sister lives in Leeds currently (she is 27) & is applying for sponsorship as a mental health nurse over here....fingers crossed she will be here in 6 months time with her boyfriend. They fell in love with Melbourne after spending some time here last year.

Sure there will be plenty of meet-ups to attend, I'm yet to make one but very keen to make some English friends :cute:

Hi, I arrived in Melb a few weeks ago after spending a year travelling the rest of oz. I am a mental health nurse too. Has your sister applied for registration yet as that can take a long time to get through. She shouldnt have too much probs getting sponsored here, they love UK nurses! I'm currently being sponsored by Healthscope - has she tried them? They sponsor a lot of UK & Ireland nurses, they don't always advertise but if you get in touch then there may be positions. Healthscope is a private hosp & one of Oz's biggest companies, can't say what they are like to work for as I'm still waiting for my rego to come through before I can start

Guest ezzybee

Hi All,

If you organise another meet up would love to meet with some girly friends! Im 30 form Dorset and am currently living in the eastern suburbs of melbourne! Been here 2 months and so far so good!!

I to miss my girl friends from the UK, but I hope to make some new ones!! Look forward to meeting everyone soon!!

Erin

Guest Littleducky82

Hello all!

Again I've only just seen this post/thread but would love to meet up with some new people soon. I'm 28 and moved here from Berkshire at the beginning of March and know no one! My boyfriend is coming out from the UK too, but not for a few weeks yet. I'm really missing my girly friends from the UK. I live and work in the SE suburbs (but happy to travel in/around the city to meet people).

I'd love to come along to a get together at some point. I'm really not clued up on venues yet, but to try and get the ball moving, is anyone up for getting together somewhere in the city this coming Friday night? (1st April)

x

Hi,

I have arranged a lunch and a few beers for Sunday 3 April at 1pm at Time Out, Federation Square. You are very welcome to come along if you fancy it. !0 girls have said they will come along. Let me know if you are interested and I will book you a seat at the table.

Cheers

Laura

Argggggh. Sorry Littleducky82. I'm having a nightmare with this site. Meant to send the above post to you as a private message.Anyone know how you delete a post on this wonderful site !!?? Please pm me if you would like to join us.

Thanks

Laura

Hi,

I have arranged a lunch and a few beers for Sunday 3 April at 1pm at Time Out, Federation Square. You are very welcome to come along if you fancy it. !0 girls have said they will come along. Let me know if you are interested and I will book you a seat at the table.

Cheers

Laura

Guest Amyfriend

Hey I am 26 live in south Yarra, I have been in Melbourne for 7 months and made a few friends. I am pretty homesick ATM and would love to meet some new people. Could I come along if you are all having another meet up soon.

Guest roya200

Hi Amyfriend

There is a small group of us meeting up for lunch tomorrow at Transport bar in Federation square at 1pm, come along if you are free.

Regards

Roya

Guest Amyfriend

Hey Thankyou for replying to me, tommorrow sounds fab, can you send me a PM with your mobile number so I can find you all tomorrow ?

Guest Caitmelbourne

Hi Roya

Not sure if we're talking about the same meet-up, but I thought it was at Time-Out & not Transport? Bit confused!

Thanks

Guest vixen29

Hey ladies

I cant make today (thanks for extending the invite Vinolover!) but really want to meet up with you girls at some point. You all seem pretty central to the CBD, anyone up for a drink after work over the next few weeks?

Elaine

x

Hey, fab to meet you all yesterday, hopefully catch up with you soon, I left a little early so if another meet up was planned could you let me know,

Ps...no success with the car buying yesterday, but I am officially on a mission, first car, then puppy :)

Speak soon

Nicola x

Guest weesnug

Hi!

I am fairly new to Melbourne, 30, single and Scottish, and would love to meet up if you guys are planning another get together. I live in Southbank and work in the city and it can definitely get a bit lonely sometimes being out here on my own. It'd be great to meet up so let me know!

Vicki x

I would also be really up for a meet up if you guys are arranging something soon. Have been here a little over 2 months and man do I miss a girly catch up and a laugh with girlfriends! I am 32, no kids (unless the bf counts, lol).

I work in Hawthorn but pass through Richmond/City on weekdays but can get to the CBD at weekends with a little notice. Hopefully catch up with you all soon!

Guest roya200

Hi Girls

There's a group of us meeting on saturday in the CBD for drinks and some dinner, i'll let you know once we have decided where we are going.

Regards

Roya

Archived