Whos going to Mackay

Still-a-dream!

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Di,

Firstly and honestly...... yes there are cashed up bogans here in Mackay, but with the mining industry and the ease for people to get into this highly paid industry it is to be expected really! You see them about with all the toys (boats, jet ski's etc etc) but tbh it doesn't really detract from the beauty and opportunities in industry that Mackay can offer. Obviously you do need to do some research as to where you want to live as the last thing you want is to move into a house with a group of "cashed up bogans" next door.

I heard last night on the local news that Mackay attracts some 50 newcomers a week so its still attracting from all over.

Industry wise, things have slowed down but as I'm hearing constantly "thats mining" ups and downs with this one expected to last until early next year. if your good at your job then your job should be safe (at least it seems that way).

My family have settled well, kids all enjoying themselves so for the time being Mackay is the place for us.

Anyway I hope this short reply help to ease your worries, if you need more info please reply....... anyway Im off to a barbie so bye for now.

Hi Sean

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. Pretty much what we expected then but it's always nice to actually hear from someone who actually lives there!!

We also read the figures about newcomers in Mackay so that would account for the housing shortage.

Thanks again - will bombard with many more questions once resignations take place and we know it's on for sure LOL!

Di :-)

Hi all me and oh of to mackay mid jan :ssign19:176 fs,Both 46 kids stoping in the uk.

Hi Bucky

We're already in Australia but looks like you may hit Mackay before us, we're not moving until the end of Jan. Good luck with the move, look forward to reading all about it!

Di :-)

• 1 month later...

Archived