Medicals Referred - How long is the current processing?

tikbalang

Hi All,

A little bit anxious now and would appreciate any help/advise i can get.

Meds been referred and hasn't been finalized till now - a full 5 weeks:mad:.

Anybody out there in the same boat?

Hadn't heard anything from MOC (will they contact by email if there's a problem?).

Panel doctor assured everything was ok when the meds were sent, so don't know why it's taking so awfully long to have it cleared.

Wanted to believe it's all due to some backlog, but I haven't read from PIO anyone who's waiting as long as I am.

Thanks.

Hi All,

Hadn't heard anything from MOC (will they contact by email if there's a problem?).

Panel doctor assured everything was ok when the meds were sent, so don't know why it's taking so awfully long to have it cleared.

Wanted to believe it's all due to some backlog, but I haven't read from PIO anyone who's waiting as long as I am.

Thanks.

Hi

You can send them an email at Health.Operations.Centre@immi.gov.au asking them the status of your medicals. The reply to you the same day. However, since it is the weekend, they will reply back to you on Monday.

Good luck

Thanks. Did that last week, I was told what i knew already which was "meds were referred."

So, it just left me wondering how long do i really have to wait.

I mean, reading from PIO where meds usually gets finalized in 2 weeks, 5 weeks is really a long time.:arghh:

Hi

You can send them an email at Health.Operations.Centre@immi.gov.au asking them the status of your medicals. The reply to you the same day. However, since it is the weekend, they will reply back to you on Monday.

Good luck

Thanks. Did that last week, I was told what i knew already which is "meds were referred."

So, it just left me wondering how long do i really have to wait.

I mean, reading from PIO where meds usually gets finalized in 2 weeks, 5 weeks is really a long time.:arghh:

Hi

My meds were also referred and I told them that they were referred from.... and would like t know the further status of my medicals. They probably have a backlog because mine took awhile to clear as well.

Guest miguelaustro
Hi All,

Thanks.

You may have a look here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/106957-health-operations-centre-issues-hoc-moc-2011-a.html

I wrote this post for further explanation. Hope this be helpful

Mine were referred but I gave the medical officer as much detail as possible on my condition. 21 days later they have now been finalised. Maybe it depends on the condition? I did email my case officer to ask for a 28 day extension on our police checks and she emailed straight back to say medicals finalised today so please proceed with police checks.

Best of luck

Thanks. I've never been asked for anything though, no further meds requested even to date.

I'm really hoping it's just a backlog.

Mine were referred but I gave the medical officer as much detail as possible on my condition. 21 days later they have now been finalised. Maybe it depends on the condition? I did email my case officer to ask for a 28 day extension on our police checks and she emailed straight back to say medicals finalised today so please proceed with police checks.

Best of luck

Guest GemandJay
Hi All,

Thanks.

Hi Tikbalang

It's horrible isn't it the not knowing...I was in the same boat my OH was finalised in January whilst my meds were all showing as 'referred' you start to worry and my mind went into over drive.

Do you have an agent or a case officer?

I contacted my agent who emailed the medical officer in Sydney the next day my meds were finalised, and the day after we got our visa. It really is worth chasing, but I don't know who you should contact if you don't have an agent or a case officer.

Try and stay positive, although I know it's not easy.

Good luck

Gemma

:wubclub:

Thanks GemandJay.

Yes, tell me about it. It's driving me nuts.

I mean, we've all been through one heck of a ride with the visa process, and then comes this at the last hurdle.

I've already got a CO who's been very helpful but don't want to push my luck by being a constant bother. Contacted Sydney HOC as well to which I was told case was referred. I knew that by heart by then as my CO told me first time I asked, which was a couple of days after meds were received.

And here I am now, 5 weeks into the waiting game.

I try to stay positive, thinking happy thoughts to keep the mind afloat. But that only lasts for a while...

By the way, looking into your timeline, u must have waited as long as I am?

I just hope there's an easy answer, and a visa for anyone who wanted them so much that's just around the corner.

Hi Tikbalang

It's horrible isn't it the not knowing...I was in the same boat my OH was finalised in January whilst my meds were all showing as 'referred' you start to worry and my mind went into over drive.

Do you have an agent or a case officer?

I contacted my agent who emailed the medical officer in Sydney the next day my meds were finalised, and the day after we got our visa. It really is worth chasing, but I don't know who you should contact if you don't have an agent or a case officer.

Try and stay positive, although I know it's not easy.

Good luck

Gemma

:wubclub: