Guest charlie_brown61

2nd stage defacto

Guest charlie_brown61

Hey all!!!!

Just thought I post on here to let everyone Know I have just applied for my PR, sent the 2nd stage forms of yesterday to the Brisbane office.... now playing the waiting game again....once again!

Has anyone recently applied? if so what was your wait....

I'll keep you posted on the process... fingers crossed!!

:eek:

Just out of interest, what info/documents did they need for the second stage? I'm a way off yet as only applying for first stage next week, but interested...

Guest charlie_brown61

They just asked for another police check, a form 80, and a stat dec from me and my partner! nothing to intense second time round, thank goodness!!!!

Guest Nadjez

that was nice and simple : ) the case officer who granted my 2 year temp res visa ( spouse visa ) did say that the next part isnt as complicated as the other applications fingers crossed, keep us informed and good luck : ) .

Guest charlie_brown61

Thank you!!!!

Cant wait until all of this is over..... !!! will keep you posted!!!!:arghh:

Hi, I am a couple of months off sending in my application. Did they contact you near the time requesting information or did you have to contact someone? Thanks.

Guest charlie_brown61

I ended up having to call them, as I didnt realise that you are supposed to receive the forms 22 months after you originally lodged your temporary visa application and I hadnt given them my new address! Just make sure they have all your correct information and up to date address and you should receive it in the post!

Hi all,

Just after these messages I received all my forms in the post. You have 28 days from when they arrive to get them returned, this is actually quite tight for time as you need a police check in this time. My advice would be to get a cheque book for your bank account if you haven't already as you can only pay for the police check by cheque! I wasted some time with this as I had to get a bank cheque and the banks shut early so blah blah blah etc. Other than that it is just a stat dec by you and your partner about your relationship and a form 80 and some certified copies of passports.

Will let you know how I get on/timeframes etc.

Pinkk8

iirc, you can get a postal order done at the post office to pay for the australian police check.

Yes that's true - and the post office is cheaper than the bank. My bank actually waived the fee which was nice.

Guest Nadjez

cheers that isnt half as much as what we have all had to do for the first one : ). Good luck and keep us posted : )

Guest siamsusie
Hi all,

Just after these messages I received all my forms in the post. You have 28 days from when they arrive to get them returned, this is actually quite tight for time as you need a police check in this time. My advice would be to get a cheque book for your bank account if you haven't already as you can only pay for the police check by cheque! I wasted some time with this as I had to get a bank cheque and the banks shut early so blah blah blah etc. Other than that it is just a stat dec by you and your partner about your relationship and a form 80 and some certified copies of passports.

Will let you know how I get on/timeframes etc.

Pinkk8

Hi Pink,

A post office "money order" is also fine.

Susie

Guest rf79

Hi RockDR, just wondering if you've heard back since sending your application in?

I'm about to send my documents in and was wondering if we are meant to include relationship supporting docs (ie rental agreement, etc) - it's not asked for in the letter so I wasn't going to but some people have done so from what I've read on here. I was pleased to see you hadn't too!