Guest kendalg

PSS and Crown Relocation Timescales

Guest kendalg

Just trying to decide between the PSS and Crown Relocations. PSS have told us between 5-8 weeks for arrival of goods and Crown have told us between 10 - 12 weeks from Scotland. Looking to hear from anyone who has used either of these companies and the actual time it took for delivery of your goods to your property. Thanks a lot. Kendal

Hi Kendal,

I have booked Crown, and got a quote of 8-12 weeks, for a sole use container from Glasgow to Brisbane.

It was slightly longer for a shared container.

When are you going?

Shaz

Guest kendalg

Flying out to Perth on 4th September. We liked Crown Relocation but just wanted to know whether their guideline to times was accurate before booking as our accommodation on arrival needs to be booked and I don't want to move into our longer term unfurnished rental after the 6 weeks and not have our furniture. We will probably send our furniture out before we head off. K

Daniel (bringmesunshine) used Crown and posted about his experience, so you could search his posts. He highly recommended them and was going from Paisley. It was the same person who quoted for me that he got, probably same for you as from the Livingston office. He has his furniture now, so could let you know how accurate it was.

We are sending our stuff 4 weeks before we go, and hoping it'll be nearer the 8 weeks than 12.

Shaz

Guest edwardsfamily

we are using pss....they advised us 8 weeks but said that as some customers have been getting their stuff as quick as 5 weeks they have had to state its a possibilty as they came unstuck when a customer was not ready to recieve their goods and pss had to pay for the storage....

if that makes sense!

We've just signed up with Crown, but spoke to PSS, Dorree Bonner, Pickfords & Anglo Pacific and all of them quoted the same timescales, that being 8-10 weeks for a sole use container or around 10-14 weeks for shared.

The standard shipping time from scotland is 50 days, or 47 if it ships from the South of England. Add on the 2-5 days before shipping when the stuff is packed and perhaps 2 weeks at the other end in Customs and you're looking at 10 weeks.

Can't see it ever being as little as 5 weeks unless wind has some major effect on shipping, which I have no idea about. But certainly nobody ever quoted me less than 8 weeks and most said to bank on closer to 10.

Guest weandme

We used crown and had a terrible experience with them, about seven weeks after them packing/collecting all our stuff we emailed them to ask for an approx date of delivery to which they replied they had no knowledge of our shipment. It took them about a week to locate our stuff, which they had put into storage by mistake. Total shipment time was 23 weeks absolutely awful service and they were not interested in our complaint and simply did not reply to our emails.

Crown this end apologised but as it the complaint was towards the uk part would not get involved. Even crown this end had problems with our shipment, our shipment was sent out and I callied crown in aus a week before it was due in port, they informed me they had not received any paperwork or even been told of our shipment and yes they were pretty annoyed as they could incur fines etc for failing to have the paperwork. Definitely wouldnt recommend.

We have used Crown (Leeds branch) twice and i cannot faut them. They did what they said they would and both times everything arrived when they said it would- Intact ! Not even a cup was broken and i wouldnt hesitate to use them again if ever i needed shippers.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest claire9592

Can I ask how much you all paid for either a shared container or your own please?

Thanks Claire

Used crown from Surrey. They packed and picked up at the end of Oct 2010 and the goods were in perth on 1st dec 2010 and were ready to be delivered 2 weeks later.

They were really good with the packing and unpacking. Nothing was damaged which is always a positive.

Cheers Balman

I feel silly for not realising this earlier, but obviously ships to Perth or Adelaide or almost anywhere else in Oz will be quicker than Brisbane, which is where we're going. Therefore I dare say 5 weeks is possible, although it still seems tight bearing in mind Customs, etc. Oops!!!:goofy:

We used Crown and had a bad experience too. We paid for sole use container, and had been quoted 12 weeks for delivery. When the shipment was at sea we received a letter from them stating that we had gone over our 'allowance' (in a sole use container!) and that we had to pay a further 600GBP. Hubby phoned to complain and was told that someone would get back to him. No one did, and despite calling and leaving messages, we were ignored. My mother in law sent our UK credit card statement, and they had taken the money from it without consent. There was a list of things that they were charging us extra for, that just weren't from our house. Things like extra chests of drawers, sun loungers etc which we knew we didn't have. We had also not brought several large items (such as a church pew and a range cooker), so even if there had been extra (which there wasn't) we would have been fine.

After 12 weeks we contacted the Sydney office to find out whether our things had arrived and they had no knowledge of our shipment. They said they would phone back and, again had several unanswered/ignored messages. Eventually we got through to them, and they told us that we hadn't provided them with the paperwork (we had given them everything they had asked for, back in the UK. It wouldn't have been shipped otherwise.), and they called my hubby a liar. Anyway we provided them with a further copy of the paperwork and eventually 16 weeks after we sent it on its way, it was delivered.

I wrote to them afterwards, asking what had become of the things that they had charged us extra for (but hadn't been delivered to us because they weren't in our container!), but of course they didn't reply.

I am sure that many other people have had good experiences with Crown, but that was our experience. Wouldn't use them again.

Hi, We used Crown last year & we can't fault them. They packed & took our stuff ( sole use container) on 19th & 20th May & it arrived 28th June. It all depends on thr tides etc. X

TRA -PASSED, State Sponsorship -PASSED, 176 Visa Lodged 14th Oct, 08, Got CO 17th March 09. VISA GRANTED 21st May, 09 , Ye HAAA!!!!

Heading to Perth , Made the move 26th May, 10:notworthy:

Just trying to decide between the PSS and Crown Relocations. PSS have told us between 5-8 weeks for arrival of goods and Crown have told us between 10 - 12 weeks from Scotland. Looking to hear from anyone who has used either of these companies and the actual time it took for delivery of your goods to your property. Thanks a lot. Kendal

We used Crown (Livingston branch) and were happy. See

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/97844-our-shipping-experience.html

Cheers

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

I feel silly for not realising this earlier, but obviously ships to Perth or Adelaide or almost anywhere else in Oz will be quicker than Brisbane, which is where we're going. Therefore I dare say 5 weeks is possible, although it still seems tight bearing in mind Customs, etc. Oops!!!:goofy:

Containers going to the eastern seaboard will most likely come via SE Asia, so Brissy containers get there quicker than Sydney for example (by a day). Maersk Lines website has useful info on shipping schedules for their vessels if anyone is as sad as me. :yes:

Best Newcomer 2013-14.