TRA changes as of 1st sept 2007

Guest hays

Hi,

OH is a plumber/gas engineer and we were going to apply for a skilled visa. I have been looking at the TRA website and i have cause for concern! Can somebody please tell me if i'm reading it right!!:chatterbox:

If we apply on or after the 1st sept 2007, we apply to Vetassess, and he has to take exams. Is this right? or am i being blonde and reading while worried and missing major infomation?!

I was bimbling through the TRA without a worry, in no rush, but if i need to get moving i will.

Once passed (oh pleeease!!) how long is it valid? I've heard 2 yrs, am i right???

Any advice please!!!:wideeyed:

hays

Guest bernie

IT WILL CHANGE FROM FIRST, NO LONGER TRA. WE JUST GOT OURS OFF TODAY AS WE ONLY KNEW ABOUT THE CHANGES A FEW WEEKS AGO. THEY ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS STAMPED BEFORE THE 1ST, BUT WILL RETURN APPLICATIONS AFTER THAT DATE AND YOU WOULD NEED TO APPLY THROUGH THE NEW SYSTEM. SO IF YOU ARE READY TO GO MAKE IT QUICK AND GET A COURIER TO TAKE IT EXPRESS!

THE TRA DOES NOT HAVE A TIME LIMIT ON IT, SO ONCE YOU GET IT YOU CAN APPLY AT YOUR LEISURE.

IF IT HELPS WE GOT SOLICITOR TO DO CERTIFIED COPIES AS THEY MADE APPOINTMENT NEXT DAY AND USED, PARCEL2GO.CO.UK AND BOOKED FEDEX EXPRESS DELIVER 3-4 DAYS £26.OO.

GOOD LUCK AND HOPE THAT HELPS :wub:

BERNIE

Guest silverstargazer38

yes as from the 1st of september these trades will no longer be assessed by tra, but vetasses and is more expensive,

• general electrician
  • general plumber
  • refrigeration and air-conditioning mechanic
  • motor mechanic
  • carpenter and joiner
  • electrical powerline tradesperson
  • cable jointer
  • bricklayer

would get that tra off as soon as possible, as long as it gets there before

1st and is date stamped, you will be ok, so quick get it in, :spinny:

(0)1753 859 159 HIFX to get your money order for payment of tra, 300 AUD Dollars money order

the banks are a pain at getting money orders, these are a very fast service and will do it over the phone. You will get your money order within 2 days, as tra dont accept credit/debit card payments.

Interparcel : Discount UK & International Parcel Delivery & Courier Services fill in online costs 20.00 up to weight of 1kg send as document express, they pick it up at your address, takes 3 working days to get there, courier service

Guest andylane
yes as from the 1st of september these trades will no longer be assessed by tra, but vetasses and is more expensive,

• general electrician

• general plumber

• refrigeration and air-conditioning mechanic

• motor mechanic

• carpenter and joiner

• electrical powerline tradesperson

• cable jointer

• bricklayer

would get that tra off as soon as possible, as long as it gets there before

1st and is date stamped, you will be ok, so quick get it in, :spinny:

(0)1753 859 159 HIFX to get your money order for payment of tra, 300 AUD Dollars money order

the banks are a pain at getting money orders, these are a very fast service and will do it over the phone. You will get your money order within 2 days, as tra dont accept credit/debit card payments.

Interparcel : Discount UK & International Parcel Delivery & Courier Services fill in online costs 20.00 up to weight of 1kg send as document express, they pick it up at your address, takes 3 working days to get there, courier service

Thank god i`m going out on the wifes Skill (nurse) i`d be goosed :)

Hi Hays

Wasnt sure if you would read my thread again but was just looking at vetasses website it says its $1600 for practical assessment for general plumber that gives total of $2400. I would try and get it done asap.

kaye

OMG!!! :wideeyed:thanks, I mis-read it!!

$2400 is a slightly big jump from $300 isn't it! is there a reason do you know? are there any added benefits that i'm not aware of?

I cant seem to get it through to OH how important this is. he seems to think we send in his books and of we go! this just isnt going to be an easy few weeks:no:

common003.gif

I AM BAGING MY HEAD AGAINST A BRICKWALL!!!

I believe it gives you a provisional licence but does not give you ARTC you still have to apply for that from TRA once in Australia, and you still have to get full licence once there.

Pain in the arse all this.... plus they dont even know if there will be enough people to do assessments which potentially means huge backlogs this is only what I have read on different agents websites so I dont know this for sure.

They have also said that they dont even know how often these assessments will take place throughout the year.

Could lead to long waits for visas I am really pleased ours is done.

I would try and do yours to avoid all this it sounds like a nightmare hubbies are no good at this unfortunately mine wasnt I had to do his I know all about air con and pipe fitting now :wacko:

kaye

Archived