ACT proof of funds WAIVER

Guest journeydownunder

Guest journeydownunder

Hi All,

Has anyone successfully applied for ACT sponsorship and had to do a waiver for the financial bit?

If so would you be able to PM me with what details you supplied, how much evidence etc.

Similarly if you were turned down would you be able to tell me why etc? We will very shortly be putting our application through and want to have the best chance of getting it right.

Thanks so much in advance for any replies.

Emm

xxx

Hi All,

Has anyone successfully applied for ACT sponsorship and had to do a waiver for the financial bit?

If so would you be able to PM me with what details you supplied, how much evidence etc.

Similarly if you were turned down would you be able to tell me why etc? We will very shortly be putting our application through and want to have the best chance of getting it right.

Thanks so much in advance for any replies.

Emm

xxx

Hi Emm

i dont know if I can answer your question fully - but I presume you mean that if you dont have the funds in your bank account what supports do you have in place to fund yourself?

We did have the funds but we also put in supporting documentation aswell on how we would fund ourselves - It depends on a number of factors:

Do you have property?

Are you selling or renting?

hav e you cars to sell?

have you any savings?

Suzanne

Guest journeydownunder

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for responding.

We have just over half the funds in savings and then another $30k AUD in equity in my partners house which is currently rented out and we rent elsewhere. We don't plan to sell just yet though as we don't envisage buying in Oz for a while until we get familiar with the areas and where in Canberra we want to settle so we may as well . I do have a car to sell as well although I have a loan on this which . We are also able to save around £500 - £1000 per month to build our savings pot but I know they require you to have the money in the bank for 3 months at point of SS application but not sure if they will accept that in the next year we will add another £6k - £9k to our savings?

Do you think that will be ok? Also what form did the waiver take? Did you just write a letter or was there a form to fill in?

Thanks again.

Em

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for responding.

We have just over half the funds in savings and then another $30k AUD in equity in my partners house which is currently rented out and we rent elsewhere. We don't plan to sell just yet though as we don't envisage buying in Oz for a while until we get familiar with the areas and where in Canberra we want to settle so we may as well . I do have a car to sell as well although I have a loan on this which . We are also able to save around £500 - £1000 per month to build our savings pot but I know they require you to have the money in the bank for 3 months at point of SS application but not sure if they will accept that in the next year we will add another £6k - £9k to our savings?

Do you think that will be ok? Also what form did the waiver take? Did you just write a letter or was there a form to fill in?

Thanks again.

Em

Hi Em

The waiver is basically you giving details of how you can support yourself with less money than the ACT require. All of it needs to be signed and witnessed by a solicitor - there is a financial capacity document that you have to send to the ACT with your application. I guess just bear in mind that if you wait until next year the new points system will be in place.

Suzanne