Our Poor Experience

Guest neilandliz

Cal, I agree totally with you about the legalities of naming and shaming, but this thread does seem to be a bit unnecessarily coy.

I am sure it would be fine to outline the grievance without mentioning the company/companies involved. Then, those who have an interest in knowing more about that particular subject can PM the OP and the rest who don't want to will not be bothering him.

Guest guest36187

If companies request NOT to be named then they cant be...and many have. Also if naming and shaming is allowed to go in this leaves forum owners liable!

There is nothing stopping people from sharing expereinces via PM/Email, we just ask that people not do it on the open forum

Guest HavenMarra
My self i think if a company is good enough to name for fame, its good enough to name to be put to shame!, now thats just my thought!

I'm with you Proview. All we are doing is sharing experience.

Guest guest37336
I'm with you Proview. All we are doing is sharing experience.

Trouble is with this one, if the world were perfect I would agree, BUT.

The FINAL responsibility falls upon the site owners to legislate in a way that does not allow a door to be opened where some may take legal action.

I 'think' (I could be wrong here) the internet is not a save haven for saying what you think is right and proper. The owners of such sites can still be held accountable for such things as 'slander', defamation, etc. It only takes one person to say something a little 'contentious' and I imagine the world and their lawyers would come down on Kate and Rob like a sledge hammer.

Personally I agree, I would love to name and shame certain people, BUT, the big difference is that whilst this may lead some to have a reasoned debate others may post rather inflammortary comments, and the 'target' of such comments would be very quick to apportion blame to the site owners for 'allowing' such behaviour.

Sometimes the better part of valour is to walk away, PIO is a truly great resource, it would be such a shame to see it destroyed because the legal profession took it upon themselves to fight (and possibly win) their clients case.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

If there is a possibilty at all that PIO can be held accountable for allowing a company to be defamed then i am in agreement the companys name should be with held. The OP has said you cam pm her to find out.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Already have - I'm just about to book shipping.

Best of luck, where in Brisbane are you going, we loved it there we stayed in an apartment overlooking the sea at surfers paradise and it was incredible.

Guest HavenMarra

Sounds fab!

We are initially staying on Qn St (CBD) with work. First job will be to find somewhere after that. Universal balance between beach v commute v space with schools throwen in too. Going to have to cover a few miles on arrival. Fancying Manly/Sandgate initially but not sure I want to add that much to my working day. Will also look closer but really need to see in person.

Might be a daft one but only recently realised cars drive on the left in Aus (just assumed everywhere else was on the right).

Where are you now Jim?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tomandroz

Hi,

PM sent, we too are going through a nightmare with our movers, and would love to know if we used the same company.

Regards,

TomandRoz

Guest The Pom Queen
My self i think if a company is good enough to name for fame, its good enough to name to be put to shame!, now thats just my thought!

I agree totally, however, we do need to protect the forum, there would be nothing worse than loosing such a great forum because of a name and shame incident. Unfortunately Australian law is different to most other countries:cry:

Guest eaglebeagle
Of transport and shipping.

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Neil,

We are in the process of picking a shipping company. Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

Guest eaglebeagle
Hi,

PM sent, we too are going through a nightmare with our movers, and would love to know if we used the same company.

Regards,

THomandRoz

Hi we are in the process of picking a shipping company any advice would be great.....:goofy:

Guest BrightonBoys

If it helps we have gone/going with Crowns.

Not for price, but for customer service they have offered to date, and the fact that one other company spoke to me as if I was a fecking idiot (if I had a £ for every time he mentioned Jayes fluid it would be paying my shipping bill!!), our third quite was from a company that spent less than five minutes in our house and asked no questions.

As it happens we are going to speak at their conference in March, 2 days after they pack our house up. Will fed back to you all....

Guest eaglebeagle

Not for price, but for customer service they have offered to date, and the fact that one other company spoke to me as if I was a fecking idiot (if I had a £ for every time he mentioned Jayes fluid it would be paying my shipping bill!!), our third quite was from a company that spent less than five minutes in our house and asked no questions.

As it happens we are going to speak at their conference in March, 2 days after they pack our house up. Will fed back to you all....

Hi new to this forum so bear with me........ Looking into shipping and also pet transport can i ask which company you have chosen for your pooches?:chatterbox:

Guest eaglebeagle

Hi can you tell us which other companies did you have around quoting for your move to Austrailia?