Timelines - 175 vs 176

Guest NeilEB

Like most of us on here, my family are keen to make the move to Oz as soon as possible.

Currently I've had my skills assessment done, and was about to apply for a 175, when I thought of maybe going down the State Sponsorship route.

Does anyone know if it would make a difference to the timelines if I went for a 176 as opposed to a 175?

If it helps, we're interested in Perth, WA, and I'm in IT. Does anyone have any experience here?

I would suggest you look into catagory prioritisation, which is roughly; the catagory your application fits into determines the rate at which you will have your visa processed.

Not an exact explanation but : A 175 independant (Catagory 4) is likely to be 18-24 months plus, 176 Family Sponsored (Catagory 3) 12-18 months, 176 State Sponsored (Catagory 2) 6-12 months, 176 Employer Sponsored (Catagory 1) 3-6 months.. (these are offshore visa numbers but "MAY" be a rough guide to onshore, perhaps someone can calrify). to reiterate these are ROUGH timescales.

There is an official email with details from the DIAC that can add more informatio but I've not got that to hand at the moment but wanted to provide information I could.

Hope that helps.

- 4lan.

Guest VickyMel

You can also send a blank email to <aspc.processing@immi.gov.au>,

the reply will give you details of the current visas being processed by DIAC

Guest lloyd1980

so basically 6-12 months (ish) for an SS?

where do you stand on time allowed to take up residency? is it still 5 years from issue of visa?

cheers

lloyd

so basically 6-12 months (ish) for an SS?

where do you stand on time allowed to take up residency? is it still 5 years from issue of visa?

cheers

lloyd

timescales are approximate for a clearer indication follow VickyMel's advice.

The visa I quoted (off-shore) are for permanent residency, if you mean citizenship then that is after 4 years of residency with at least 2 living in Australia I believe. For "on-shore" details you'll need to either wait for a person who knows to post or check the http://www.immi.gove.au website.

Hope that helps.

- 4lan.

Archived