485 - Temporary Residence (TR)

RegDwight

The other issue I have had is finding people who have had 485s granted recently, within the last 3 months at least. I couldn't find anything, which is why I started this thread. Most people are discussing the PR, especially here on PIO where 485 is not popular. There isn't a timeline or spreadsheet or anything like that.

I

Priorities are only applicable to the 885 visas and not 485, it's actually on the website you couldn't have missed it.

I meant 885.

That's what i found on http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/priority-processing-14-july-2010.pdf:

"Applicants who need to travel overseas while waiting for their application to be processed should

approach their local office of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to discuss an

application for a Bridging visa B."

So you can ask for another Bridging visa if you want to travel, rather than apply for 485...Am I right?

Yeah, try that and see if you get the same information, I am still so confused about mine because the online status changed so I thought it went through and I didn't get any rejection letter. But when I asked my agent to look into it, he said it didn't work and told me he wasn't sure why (which is a rubbish lie).

The only plausible explanation is that it was lodged too late, i.e. after the SMP came out and the scheme retired. It's just that some people think lying is okay and you need to be able to sniff the rat when you can't yet see it.

I called my migration agent today and I was told that the application went through, everything seems to be correct but there hasn't been an officer assigned to it. It is 4 weeks since the DRC was lodged. The agent had already contacted DIAC 2 weeks ago and asked me to wait 2 more weeks before doing any further investigation into why it's taken so long.

Judging from the processing times estimates, they haven't changed the date for non-DRC 485 visas since December last year. They're still processing application lodged prior to December 2009.

I meant 885.

That's what i found on http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/priority-processing-14-july-2010.pdf:

"Applicants who need to travel overseas while waiting for their application to be processed should

approach their local office of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to discuss an

application for a Bridging visa B."

So you can ask for another Bridging visa if you want to travel, rather than apply for 485...Am I right?

You apply for 485 and you get a Bridging Visa A granted which doesn't allow you to travel. If you want to travel while your application is being assessed you have to ask for Bridging Visa B which is granted or not granted at their office instantly.

I called my migration agent today and I was told that the application went through, everything seems to be correct but there hasn't been an officer assigned to it. It is 4 weeks since the DRC was lodged. The agent had already contacted DIAC 2 weeks ago and asked me to wait 2 more weeks before doing any further investigation into why it's taken so long.

Judging from the processing times estimates, they haven't changed the date for non-DRC 485 visas since December last year. They're still processing application lodged prior to December 2009.

Mirob, are you still a cat 4 applicant? as by my understanding you can't lodge a DRC for cat 4 applicants? Has any thing changed recently?

Mirob, are you still a cat 4 applicant? as by my understanding you can't lodge a DRC for cat 4 applicants? Has any thing changed recently?

Oh! Hmm, where did you hear that?Yeah, I supplied my assessment from March 2009.

I'm having a Cat 3 one re-assessed as we speak.

That's great, Mirob. I forgot to mention last time that I had applied for my 485 long time ago, so my DRC must have been lodged after the new 72 hour law came through hence it was not considered valid.

The 485s are the only ones not moving. No change since December, I have been watching closely and am fed up. I am going to get a BVB.

Archived