register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

kellyjamie

How do i do a stat dec???

Hello all,

can someone advise plz? when we go for meds we arent able to take my son so i know i have to do a stat dec but where do i get it from or what do i do/write?

many thanks

k x

LIVE.....LAUGH....... DREAM.........LOVE

Hello all,

can someone advise plz? when we go for meds we arent able to take my son so i know i have to do a stat dec but where do i get it from or what do i do/write?

many thanks

k x

Hi Kellyjamie,

My husband had to do a stat dec for his employment, but I'm sure the basics must be same regarding your medical. You basically type it up yourself and then it has to be signed and witnessed by a solicitor.

It has to start STATUTORY DECLARATION "I....(name and address) do solemnly and sincerely declare that ...xyz...

At the end, you have to have this statement as well:

I make this solemn declaration by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835 as amended and subject to the penalties provided by that Act for the making of false statements in statutory declarations, conscientiously believing the statements contained in this declaration to be true in every particular.

Signed (you)

Declared at

On (date)

Before me (solicitor)

We rang around for a few prices and £5 was the cheapest. We ended up paying £20 though, after the solicitor changed a few things. But worth £20 as it had to be done.

Good luck - I hope this has helped!

From Catherine

Guest Ari3139

Hi, we did the same for the business too and just followed the above start and finish.

Include as much information as you can just to cover yourself as there is no extra charge the length of the document.

Our solicitor charged £5 so a bargin.

Get the solicitor to check the legal wording of the document as our case officer didn't like the wording of the solicitor we used and told us to buy a stat dec from the post

office!!?:err:

I had to email her (very politely!) explaining that was not how it worked in the UK and went to a different solicitor who got out her law books and did it word for word from that we also photocopied the page of the lawbook and sent it to the case officer! :yes:

47SV Special Migrant Former Resident Visa Applied 15.9.08 Granted 10.3.09

Arrived 19.9.09 Lovin' it!!