visa grant notice and specific conditions 176

cutiemcprettybobbi

i have checked with DIAC and it isn't state sponsored, can nobody read?

If you look at the time of my post it was very similiar to yours so maybe, just maybe we were posting at the same time, so no, i cannot read what is not there! There is no need to be so down right insulting.

You language used is very agressive, you might want to chill out a little or others might be concerned to post on your threads.

If you dont like other peoples opinions that may differ from yours then maybe you might want to re think the questions you ask. But also remember on every thread, not every post is aimed directly at the OP, it might be people posting their knowledge, opinion, or just a message, but it is there for others to read.

You have your answer, you have heard it from the horses mouth so plan you new life in the area you wish to live.

Congratulations on your visa, enjoy making the rest of your plans for your new big adventure and life down under. Who knows, if we get ours we might bump into each other one day in Adelaide for a cool one.

But she says she has checked with DIAC and she is NOT state sponsored? sorry am I reading this wrong?

Checked with DIAC between post 15 and post 18? I dont think she has contacted them, just looked at online status which is not conclusive. I still think based on timings that this is very probably a state sponsored visa.

Wow, how much moral on this thread!

Let see, I was 175, then wait, wait, wait, change rules, change rules, change rules...

When applied for SS after 15 months of waiting, I actually said to them it's because it's likely never to get the visa without it, despite all points and wanted lists, so I had to give up my interdependency if I wanted any visa at all in some time less then 4-5 years, and the system made that rule to prioritize SS over independent, and just one little fact, my occupation was on every state wanted list, but not on second CSL...

See where is this going?

After 2 years CO, month before SMPs came out, processed as cat3, addressed as 175 in all communications, and granted 176 at the end, 26 months, and all I'm getting from my state are some mails with nice words, remaining me to my obligations to inform them where I am and what I do and where I'm going to be, so they can send me a forms to fill, for statistics?

Plus there are states asking how much money you bring in our state, we don't want you to be here without money, but when you spend it, if there is no job for you, you can go home, without it.

So, I'm just curious, do you think I would be highly amoral person to not feeling morally obligated to anyone for anything in this matter?

No, not me, I'm going straight. And I like my new state. From here. Hope will like it in close too.

If you look at the time of my post it was very similiar to yours so maybe, just maybe we were posting at the same time, so no, i cannot read what is not there! There is no need to be so down right insulting.

You language used is very agressive, you might want to chill out a little or others might be concerned to post on your threads.

If you dont like other peoples opinions that may differ from yours then maybe you might want to re think the questions you ask. But also remember on every thread, not every post is aimed directly at the OP, it might be people posting their knowledge, opinion, or just a message, but it is there for others to read.

You have your answer, you have heard it from the horses mouth so plan you new life in the area you wish to live.

Congratulations on your visa, enjoy making the rest of your plans for your new big adventure and life down under. Who knows, if we get ours we might bump into each other one day in Adelaide for a cool one.

Gaz n family - i am sorry, the time of posting was obviously unfortunate, plus i was just getting narked with lots of different people seemingly implying that i am of immoral character because i wanted to move to my original desired destination, i certainly did not intend to appear aggressive in any way. Its very hard when you are answering one persons queries, ie 4lan's who advised me to check my DIAC online status, about family bit being 'met' and there was no live to suggest state sponsorship, which i did, posted and then someone else jumps on the bangwagon to say that isnt a sufficient check, and also that my agent of 15 years experience in also incorrect. She has managed to guide me through a long process and i now have a visa so she isnt incompetent! the 'I am right and the experts are wrong' attitude also was rather annoying.

I think its also quite hurtful after i have congratulated so many people before me getting their visas, especially when it seemed so unfair that i, and i know many others, were getting 'queue jumped' due to stupid changing goalposts from DIAC, that i have had alot of negative responses to my post. I have copied and pasted my grant info doc below for all the non-believers who have questioned my integrity towards the state sponsorship system, but i dont think anyone would do any different if in the same situation that i have, fortunately, found myself in. I thought it was a 176 family sponsored, and was told it couldnt have been a 175, but checked through all docs and there it is.

I couldnt have been happier last week, and now so many people have put a downer on the situation, i'm rather upset by it all.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Notification of grant of a Skilled (Migrant) (class VE) Skilled - Independent (subclass 175)

visa

All forms are available on the department's website at www.immi.gov.au/allforms.

Social security payments

Now that your visa has been granted, you need to make adequate financial arrangements to

support yourself while looking for work.

Help with job seeking, social security payments and other assistance is provided through the

government agency called Centrelink. Newly arrived residents can register with Centrelink to

get help with looking for work, having overseas skills recognised, and accessing relevant courses.

Centrelink also has Tax File Number application forms and can assist you to lodge your

application with the Australian Taxation Office, so that access to any payments is not delayed.

If you have children, you may be eligible for government-funded Family Assistance payments

to help with the cost of raising them.

Contact details for Centrelink are listed in the Whitepages telephone directory or through their

website at www.centrelink.gov.au.

Medical Care

The Australian Government provides help with medical expenses through a scheme called

Medicare. The government also subsidises the cost of most medicine under the Pharmaceutical

Benefits Scheme.

You may be eligible to join Medicare and gain immediate access to health care services and

programs. These include free public hospital care, help with the cost of out-of-hospital care, and

subsidised medicines.

Medicare has an Information Kit which is translated into a number of different languages. It

explains Medicare and other government health services and the eligibility requirements for

benefits and payments. Remember to ask for it when you visit your local Medicare office or

Migrant Resource Centre.

To enrol in Medicare, you should go to a Medicare office with your passport, travel documents

and permanent visa. If all registration requirements are met, you will be advised of your Medicare

card number and your card will be posted to you soon after. In most cases you will pay for

medical care then receive a refund for some of the payment.

GSM Adelaide, Level 4 55 Currie St Adelaide SA 5000

GPO Box 1638 Adelaide SA 5001 • Telephone: 1300 364 613 • Facsimile: 61 8 7421 7615 • Website: Department of Immigration & Citizenship

If you need to see a doctor urgently, you can register with Medicare and ask for an interim

number.

Contact details for Medicare are listed in the Whitepages telephone directory or through their

website at www.medicareaustralia.gov.au.

In addition to Medicare there are also many different private health insurance funds that offer

options that cover services not covered by Medicare, for example dental care, optical care and

ambulance. Information about private health insurance is available from the Department of

Health and Ageing website at www.health.gov.au.

Emergency treatment is available on a 24 hour basis at the 'Casualty' or 'Emergency' departments

of public hospitals.

Working in Australia

All holders of a Skilled (Migrant) (class VE) Skilled - Independent (subclass 175) visa have

permission to work in Australia. However, the granting of this visa and the acceptance of

qualifications for migration purposes does not provide a guarantee of employment in Australia.

Employment in some occupations is limited. Registration and licensing requirements for particular

occupations vary between states and territories and may be amended from time to time. More

information on these requirements is available on our website at www.immi.gov.au.

The Australian Government has developed an Australian Skilled Migrant Job Seeker website

dedicated to help you find employment in Australia. The site enables you to register your interest

in job opportunities available in Australia under the Skilled Migration scheme. By entering

details of your occupation, education and qualifications and uploading your resume, you will

be matched and notified of appropriate employment opportunities.

For further information please visit www.skilledmigrant.gov.au.

Tax File Number

To receive an income in Australia, you need a Tax File Number (TFN). Income includes wages

or salary from a job, payments from the government, and money earned from investments

including interest on savings accounts.

To apply for a TFN you can either telephone or visit an Australian Taxation Office shopfront

who can provide you with an application form. Contact details for the Australian Taxation Office

are listed in the Whitepages telephone directory or are available on their website at

www.ato.gov.au. Forms are also available from Centrelink shopfronts which are listed in the

Whitepages telephone directory. Alternatively, you can apply for a TFN on the Australian

Taxation Office website.

English language tuition

Following arrival in Australia, visa holders who need to develop English language skills and

who have paid where applicable; the second Visa Application Charge may be eligible for English

language tuition under the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP).

- 2 -

You may phone the department’s enquiry line on 13 18 81 between 9 am and 4 pm Monday to

Friday, or visit the AMEP website at www.immi.gov.au/amep for more information about

eligibility, registering for English classes and locations of AMEP service providers.

You should retain receipts for all payments made in association with your visa application. These

receipts may be required as evidence of payment before enrolling in the AMEP.

Migrant Resource Centres and Migrant Service Agencies

Migrant Resource Centres and Migrant Service Agencies provide information and assistance to

help you settle in Australia. They are especially useful if you are from a non-English speaking

country. They can provide you with support and help you to access a range of useful services.

The local Migrant Resource Centre provides various courses, including conversation classes,

to assist new settlers. Free childcare facilities may be provided for parents doing these courses.

Your local Migrant Resource Centre may be located through the Whitepages telephone directory.

Settling in Australia

The ‘Citizenship and Living in Australia’ webpages, found on our website at www.immi.gov.au,

provide detailed information about living in Australia. These pages include links to the Beginning

a Life in Australia booklets. The booklets provide detailed information about services for migrants

and how to access those services. There is a booklet for each state and territory available in

English and a number of community languages. The booklets can be downloaded from our

website at www.immi.gov.au.

Further information about life in Australia such as social security, health care and English

language classes can be found in Form 994i Settlement information for migrants to Australia,

available on our website at www.immi.gov.au.

To ensure that we can continue to improve our services for migrants, it would be appreciated if

you could complete and return Form 886 Settlement detail, available on our website at

www.immi.gov.au.

Travel on your permanent visa

Your permanent visa allows you to travel, or remain outside of Australia until 01 February 2016.

If you have not become an Australian citizen, you will need another visa after this time to travel

and return to Australia.

Further information is available on the department’s website at: www.immi.gov.au.

Australian citizenship

The Australian Government strongly encourages eligible permanent residents to apply for

Australian citizenship.

Australian citizenship is the final step for many in their migration journey. Becoming an

Australian citizen represents your commitment to Australia and its people and values and the

responsibilities and privileges of citizenship. Australian citizenship enables you to fully participate

in the democratic process of government including the ability to vote and stand for parliament.

- 3 -

Generally, the requirements for Australian citizenship include living in Australia for a specified

period of time and being of good character and have passed a citizenship test if aged between

18 and 60 (unless otherwise exempt). A person is usually eligible for Australian citizenship if

they have resided lawfully in Australia for four (4) years immediately before applying, including:

• at least 12 months as a permanent resident

• no absences from Australia of more than 12 months

• no absences from Australia of more than 90 calendar days during the 12 months before applying.

For more information you may phone the Citizenship Information Line on 13 18 80 between

8:30 am and 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. You may also visit the Citizenship website at

www.citizenship.gov.au.

Further detailed information about Australia

The ‘Life in Australia’ webpage, found on our website at www.immi.gov.au provides detailed

information about services for prospective and newly arrived migrants. Beginning a Life in

Australia booklets are provided for each state and territory and are available in English and 23

community languages. These booklets may be downloaded from this website.

No she said she has a 176 and it is almost certainly a state sponsored, the timings make sense for that and family sponsored visas are not moving at the moment. Why would they award a family sponsored? If they were going to ignore the fact that it is state sponsored then why would they not have just awarded the 175.

QUOTE]

I was granted a 176 Family Sponsored in December and at no point did I apply for State Sponsorship (or any other type of visa), so there must be some movement in Family Sponsored visas. I applied in June 2008.

Do agree that if a State Sponsored visa is issued then the applicant should abide by the 'agreement'

What's the difference between a Family Sponsored 175 & 176 visa?

DIAC's yearly quotas include "X" amount of family sponsored visas. (sorry don't know how many and too tired to scour for the correct number!). I would have thought it logical that they are processing these visas, albeit at a slower pace. Maybe seeing as this application came into processing and the CO realised it was also covered under a family sponsorship, they went ahead and granted the initial visa so as not to take up an unnecessary much sought after SS visa.

Not an expert in any of this at all, just my 2 penneth.