visa grant notice and specific conditions 176

cutiemcprettybobbi

hi,

can anyone help decipher this? Visa granted 9th feb, very happy, whoop whoop. Was so excited yesterday i could barely read the grant notice letter, but just been through all again, Grant Notice document has a bit about Visa Conditions, and it says 'no conditions', for 176 VE skilled sponsored, doesnt mention state. the i have a grant notification document, same visa 176. but the third doc - visa grant important info, says 175 visa. There is no mention on any documents about ss and being obliged to live in sponsoring state. What is going on?? have i had my original visa granted??

any knowledge appreciated, ta muchly x:err:

Guest VickyMel

Just checked ours (we applied 176)

Ours has 176 on each - with no conditions

Our important info doc "working in Australia" does mention SS and working/living in the state for 2 years

Did you apply for a 175 originally (Oh yes I see you did) - some people who originally applied for a 175 and then switched to a 175 have got a 175 in the end?

Hope someone can give some better advice - sounds interesting!

VickyMel

Just checked ours (we applied 176)

Ours has 176 on each - with no conditions

Our important info doc "working in Australia" does mention SS and working/living in the state for 2 years

Did you apply for a 175 originally (Oh yes I see you did) - some people who originally applied for a 175 and then switched to a 175 have got a 175 in the end?

Hope someone can give some better advice - sounds interesting!

VickyMel

hey VickyMel,

god, you're a speedy replier! I had sent a message to agent but really didnt think she would still be in the office at this time. We have been granted original visa, and can therefore go wherever we like, which is so so amazing, i didnt think i could be happier than i was yesterday, and although i was happy to go to Canberra and abide by the rules, i can now go to Adelaide where we initially wanted and live by the sea!!!! i am quite literally, shaking and grinning like an eejit right now!!!!!

have you booked flights yet?

xx:wink::biggrin:

Guest VickyMel
hey VickyMel, god, you're a speedy replier!

You caught me in a coffee break and a bit of relaxation looking at PIO

That is brilliant news - you can really enjoy the 175 - that is a great lot of news over a couple of days!

Hope this happiness keeps increasing as you arrive in Oz.

No we have no flights booked yet - I'm still a bit shell shocked - we're thinking July ish maybe/probably/:eek:.

Vicky

As I have previously stated (link below) there is no legal requirement under the 176 GSM visa scheme that requires you to remain in the sponsoring state for the two year period. HOWEVER consider that you would have given your word, made a promise, to do so.. I would strongly suggest you dont abuse the trust that the state have put in you as this may not directly affect you but will likely others.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/104667-hope-hairdressers-cat-4-a.html#post970457

- 4lan.

As I have previously stated (link below) there is no legal requirement under the 176 GSM visa scheme that requires you to remain in the sponsoring state for the two year period. HOWEVER consider that you would have given your word, made a promise, to do so.. I would strongly suggest you dont abuse the trust that the state have put in you as this may not directly affect you but will likely others.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/104667-hope-hairdressers-cat-4-a.html#post970457

- 4lan.

Hi,

sorry is this message aimed at me or PissLUR?? coz i got my original visa granted, so i'm not abusing anything or anyone, and i applied in 2008 so i deserve the visa i now have!

Hi,

sorry is this message aimed at me or PissLUR??

Hi,

My remark was aimed at anyone who abuses the system by applying for a state sponsorship and giving there word to that state regarding a commitment to live and work there, when in fact they have no real intention of doing so.

I'm confused however regarding your original application was it a 175 independant or a 176 family sponsored visa? Either way the visa grant letter will state the actual catagory of the successful application and as per other threads on the forum (link) would not include conditions regarding state sponsorship even if it was a 176 SS visa.

Have you contacted the state that agreed to sponsor you about your successful visa grant, perhaps they could advise what your obligations are?

- 4lan.

hi,

can anyone help decipher this? Visa granted 9th feb, very happy, whoop whoop. Was so excited yesterday i could barely read the grant notice letter, but just been through all again, Grant Notice document has a bit about Visa Conditions, and it says 'no conditions', for 176 VE skilled sponsored, doesnt mention state. the i have a grant notification document, same visa 176. but the third doc - visa grant important info, says 175 visa. There is no mention on any documents about ss and being obliged to live in sponsoring state. What is going on?? have i had my original visa granted??

any knowledge appreciated, ta muchly x:err:

CONGRATULATIONS....

this is a great development. I could not understand this statement that you can stay anywhere in Australia. In both cases of 176(family and state sponsor), According to my knowledge u are bound to stay in sponsoring state. And why are u mentioning 175 in your timeline. You are not 175 in any case . In both cases (family and state sponsor), you fall under 176...

This is really amazing.

i was orginally 175, had enough points for gsm, then we went family sponsored so yes, 176, then ss from act in march 10' as back of a huge queue as happy to go to Canberra rather than remain in UK. i paid the additional for ss. However, grant letter states 176 skilled sponsored with no mention of obligation to state, my original visa was granted, i dont know why, but it was, and i am thrilled because we had always wanted to go to SA, so that's where we will be going now.

:wubclub:

i was orginally 175, had enough points for gsm, then we went family sponsored so yes, 176, then ss from act in march 10' as back of a huge queue as happy to go to Canberra rather than remain in UK. i paid the additional for ss. However, grant letter states 176 skilled sponsored with no mention of obligation to state, my original visa was granted, i dont know why, but it was, and i am thrilled because we had always wanted to go to SA, so that's where we will be going now.

:wubclub:

With all due respect Cutie I believe what you are intending to do is morally wrong. If you have been granted a 176 state sponsored visa, which as stated previously will not have requirements about location on the grant letter, you should still uphold your commitment to the ACT.

When you applied to ACT for sponsorship did you not agree to live and work there for two years? I suspect you have and that you are still obligated regardless of what your DIAC letter says. You should also consider that by accepting the sponsorship and then reneging on your commitments would prevent a legitimate state migrant from being sponsored (because of the limited quota) and also impact the state government long terms economic growth.

Please remember that DIAC staff and officials are proported to browse these forums and you stating publically that you have no intention of honouring your promise will probably result in the state sponsorship scheme being further restricted or even withdrawn.

Lastly I would appeal to your good character; surely 2 years is not a huge amount to ask in return for this excellent opportunity and to retain ones ethical integrity?

- 4lan.

With all due respect Cutie I believe what you are intending to do is morally wrong. If you have been granted a 176 state sponsored visa, which as stated previously will not have requirements about location on the grant letter, you should still uphold your commitment to the ACT.

When you applied to ACT for sponsorship did you not agree to live and work there for two years? I suspect you have and that you are still obligated regardless of what your DIAC letter says. You should also consider that by accepting the sponsorship and then reneging on your commitments would prevent a legitimate state migrant from being sponsored (because of the limited quota) and also impact the state government long terms economic growth.

Please remember that DIAC staff and officials are proported to browse these forums and you stating publically that you have no intention of honouring your promise will probably result in the state sponsorship scheme being further restricted or even withdrawn.

Lastly I would appeal to your good character; surely 2 years is not a huge amount to ask in return for this excellent opportunity and to retain ones ethical integrity?

- 4lan.

'With all due respect'??? have you not read my previous posts? i havent been granted a state sponsorship visa, my original family sponsored visa has been granted. and, if you read VickyMel's post, within the grant important info document, it states your obligation to sponsoring state, should that apply. It doesnt apply to me.

yes, i agreed to live and work in ACT should that have been the visa i received, but once again, my visa that has been granted is NOT state sponsored! I have an agent and they have confirmed this. i didnt just guess!

and please, dont take the moral highground, I have worked my ass off to get my visa, and all the ridiculous changes that have taken place since we lodged have meant my life, as well as others, has been on hold. I have paid for my visa in both time and money, and i am just fine with my 'ethical integrity' thank-you very much.

'With all due respect'??? have you not read my previous posts? i havent been granted a state sponsorship visa, my original family sponsored visa has been granted. and, if you read VickyMel's post, within the grant important info document, it states your obligation to sponsoring state, should that apply. It doesnt apply to me.

I have read your posts. Despite what you are trying to convince yourself of you have been granted a state sponsored visa. VickyMel is mistaken. I know because it was explained to me on the numerous threads (one such linked above), by my registered Agent and the sponsoring state and finally having read an official grant letter.

yes, i agreed to live and work in ACT should that have been the visa i received, but once again, my visa that has been granted is NOT state sponsored! I have an agent and they have confirmed this. i didnt just guess!

Your agent is wrong. If you don’t believe me and are convinced you are right then why not contact the DIAC and ask them which sponsored visa you were granted; family or state? I would welcome being updated with their response. In addition I would suggest you should contact the ACT and thank them for the unrequired sponsorship quoting your successful visa details and please feedback on their response too? I am genuinely interested as to what they both reply with. If you're right and I am wrong, which you are clearly convinced of, peace of mind is surely worth that little effort? If this is a little much to ask then answer this; how has your application been processed given the family sponsorship and that public relations is not on the Skills Occupation List making your application a category 4?

If you did an electronic application then have you checked your Document Checklist on the DIAC Electronic Application Status Enquiry; that the “Evidence of relationship to sponsor” is marked as “Met” because I am certain from experience that it will not be and instead there would be added the “Evidence of State Nomination”?

and please, dont take the moral highground, I have worked my ass off to get my visa, and all the ridiculous changes that have taken place since we lodged have meant my life, as well as others, has been on hold. I have paid for my visa in both time and money, and i am just fine with my 'ethical integrity' thank-you very much.

As have very many other people including a vast amount who were not fortunate to have their skill on a state migration plan. In fact I am quite sure those passed over in favour of your nomination for ACT state sponsorship and in view of your current professed intention wouldn't hesitate to join me here.

I hope that my reasoning and suggestions spur you into clarifying your position but I fear they may not and you will continue this course resulting in breaking your word to the ACT.

Please understand this is not about scoring any points but preventing you from a mistake.

- 4lan.

I have read your posts. Despite what you are trying to convince yourself of you have been granted a state sponsored visa. VickyMel is mistaken. I know because it was explained to me on the numerous threads (one such linked above), by my registered Agent and the sponsoring state and finally having read an official grant letter.

Your agent is wrong. If you don’t believe me and are convinced you are right then why not contact the DIAC and ask them which sponsored visa you were granted; family or state? I would welcome being updated with their response. In addition I would suggest you should contact the ACT and thank them for the unrequired sponsorship quoting your successful visa details and please feedback on their response too? I am genuinely interested as to what they both reply with. If you're right and I am wrong, which you are clearly convinced of, peace of mind is surely worth that little effort? If this is a little much to ask then answer this; how has your application been processed given the family sponsorship and that public relations is not on the Skills Occupation List making your application a category 4?

If you did an electronic application then have you checked your Document Checklist on the DIAC Electronic Application Status Enquiry; that the “Evidence of relationship to sponsor” is marked as “Met” because I am certain from experience that it will not be and instead there would be added the “Evidence of State Nomination”?

As have very many other people including a vast amount who were not fortunate to have their skill on a state migration plan. In fact I am quite sure those passed over in favour of your nomination for ACT state sponsorship and in view of your current professed intention wouldn't hesitate to join me here.

I hope that my reasoning and suggestions spur you into clarifying your position but I fear they may not and you will continue this course resulting in breaking your word to the ACT.

Please understand this is not about scoring any points but preventing you from a mistake.

- 4lan.

Wow, you are condescending! i am not sure why i bothered to do this, as if i care what you think, but I was incensed by your attitude and conviction that you are right, and the audacity to suggest my registered agent of 15 years is incorrect. Therefore I have checked on diac and evidence to family sponsor is 'met' and there is no line for evidence of state nomination.

You are all about 'scoring points' in would seem. why are you so interested? you've also just received your visa, so why are you loitering around a forum arguing your case and convinced that you are right over a qualified agent?

you were right about one thing though, i do now have 'peace of mind', so thanks very much for that! Who knows my visa was processed when as you said ' should have been cat 4', i guess it was simply, meant to be!

so, why don't you 'Jog on' and concentrate on your own big move and stop trying to ruin other people's joy!

If you don't like other peoples opinion's then why post a question?

In a way i agree with what he is saying. I don't know the regulations of individual visas so will not claim to be well versed. but if you have a State Sponsored visa then yes, IMO its VERY wrong to not commit to the state that awarded you this sponsor. be it immoral, or not, IMO its wrong. Someone who genuinely wants to live in that state might miss out on their visa because someone took their quota then buggered of to a different state and the applications for that year are full.

Again, IMO i believe there should be a legal requirement with the threat of loosing their visa if people don't remain in the state for the minimum amount of time. Its a complete waste of the staff of that state taking the time to assess the application, thus cost, but it is thrown in their face.

Many will disagree, i will be accused of being this and that, but it is my opinion.

I would also agree, if you are sure the other guy is wrong, why not then settle your own mind and contact DIAC and the State who sponsored you to ask exactly what you can do and where you can live. If it is what you want it to be then good for you, you have what you want, but if it is a State Sponsored Visa, then you should try to understands others opinions on why they think it wrong that people will ignore the requirements that they agreed upon when lodging their application. Time is wasted tracking down those who "bend the rules" to suite themselves, this time could be better spent on going through the lodged applications.

This situation has happened on many occasions. When people have originally applied for a 175 visa and subsequently changed to a 176 due to the changes in processing / changes in rules - they have all been awarded their original 175. Which has no conditions attached.

If you don't like other peoples opinion's then why post a question?

In a way i agree with what he is saying. I don't know the regulations of individual visas so will not claim to be well versed. but if you have a State Sponsored visa then yes, IMO its VERY wrong to not commit to the state that awarded you this sponsor. be it immoral, or not, IMO its wrong. Someone who genuinely wants to live in that state might miss out on their visa because someone took their quota then buggered of to a different state and the applications for that year are full.

Again, IMO i believe there should be a legal requirement with the threat of loosing their visa if people don't remain in the state for the minimum amount of time. Its a complete waste of the staff of that state taking the time to assess the application, thus cost, but it is thrown in their face.

Many will disagree, i will be accused of being this and that, but it is my opinion.

I would also agree, if you are sure the other guy is wrong, why not then settle your own mind and contact DIAC and the State who sponsored you to ask exactly what you can do and where you can live. If it is what you want it to be then good for you, you have what you want, but if it is a State Sponsored Visa, then you should try to understands others opinions on why they think it wrong that people will ignore the requirements that they agreed upon when lodging their application. Time is wasted tracking down those who "bend the rules" to suite themselves, this time could be better spent on going through the lodged applications.

i have checked with DIAC and it isn't state sponsored, can nobody read? i completely understand why someone would be miffed if it was and i wasnt going to abide by the conditions of visa, but as there are no conditions, who exactly am i hurting by going to my original desired destination?

i havent 'bent any rules'

Jeez!

This situation has happened on many occasions. When people have originally applied for a 175 visa and subsequently changed to a 176 due to the changes in processing / changes in rules - they have all been awarded their original 175. Which has no conditions attached.

Well, the bottom line is that you go by the subclass of visa you have been issued with.

If it’s 175 visa, you go where you want to go.

If on the other hand it is 176 State Sponsored visa, then you must have live for 2 years in the state that originally sponsored you and be grateful for it.

Regards,

MOTO

and your point is? she has been issued with a 175 ?

No she said she has a 176 and it is almost certainly a state sponsored, the timings make sense for that and family sponsored visas are not moving at the moment. Why would they award a family sponsored? If they were going to ignore the fact that it is state sponsored then why would they not have just awarded the 175.

There is no obligation to stay in the state but I also think this loophole should be closed and I think if people continue to abuse the system it will be. Thumbs down from me too I am afraid.

Archived