Vic SS declined ...Please suggest alternatives

Guest rahi

Hi

We were recently declined the Vic sponsorship despite showing over 1,00,000 AUD as funds, over 8 years experience, IELTS 8, Engineering degree and only brother in Victoria which is the main reason we are moving to Victoria.

Our recent ACS code is 2231-79 ( Network security), which expires in 1 July 2011.

Our code is in Schedule 4 so 175 is not an option.

We can go for ACT SS, but I have heard that most of the ACT jobs require you to be an australian citizen.

Can anybody please suggest any options on which route should we take now? ACT or wait for 6 months and apply for VIc SS again or any other.

If we wait for 6 months for Vic SS, then our ACS will expire and we expect to get new code as Computer Network and system engineer or network analyst which is not there in Vic SMP.

Any suggestions are really appreciated.

I have one more question, it may be silly, but .....

Will SMP lists remain same for next year starting July 2011 or will they change? It can help us a lot in preparing our next move

Guest machang

I reckon you to get ANZSCO from SOL 3 and go for 175 befure July 2011 provided 120 is reachable distance in point test. You have a still enough time for this route .

Good luck mate !

Thank you very much for the reply, but can we ask ACS to give us a particular code or do they assign code as per their criteria.

I reckon you to get ANZSCO from SOL 3 and go for 175 befure July 2011 provided 120 is reachable distance in point test. You have a still enough time for this route .

Good luck mate !

Guest machang
Thank you very much for the reply, but can we ask ACS to give us a particular code or do they assign code as per their criteria.

You should definitely ask my friend. The job which you nominate should match with your work reference duties .

Its pretty same as old way ..only the codes are different :notworthy:

Hi

I have one more question, it may be silly, but .....

Will SMP lists remain same for next year starting July 2011 or will they change? It can help us a lot in preparing our next move

Of course, SMP lists would most probably change after July 2011 as is evidenced by Vic on the homepage saying 4500 is Vic's quota for the year 2010-2011.

Source: https://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/about-us/news/2011/closure-of-ict-applications

You need to nominate a code when you apply. ACS will match its own criteria for the particular code and either approve or reject the app. Simple.

armandra!

Archived