Mum meet ups - North Brisbane(North Lakes)

Guest suz101

Hi i have recently moved to North Lakes just a few weeks ago and was looking for anyone in a similiar situation that would like to meet other mums in the area for a meet up with the kids and a coffee. I have looked for mother n toddler groups in North Lakes where mums to be can go but so far cant find any. I have a five year old little boy who has just started prep and i am due my second baby in April so ideally would like to meet up with mums with children of similiar ages so the kids can play together. If u fancy meeting up let me know:smile:

Susan xx

• 11 months later...

Hi, I am a mum to be in Redcliffe and I would love to meet up and have a coffee with someone who has had a baby over here. I'm 34, lived away from UK for 8 years and never felt so homesick before. It would be so good to meet up with other mums to have a laugh and get some advice. Please let me know if this would be okay! Take care, Fay

• 3 weeks later...
Guest michelleracadio

Hey, I'm Michelle. Moved to Brisbane about a month ago. I have two older children and a 9 month old girl. Keen to make friends. I'm north Brisbane.

• 1 year later...

Hello. Friend Sue & I (& husbands) started a 'migrant get-together/bbq' in Jan '13 (Sue arrived Sept '12 & lives in NL). We had the second yesterday & it was a great natter time. The next will be in 3 months' time - probably July. Let me know if you'd like details. Pat Whitelaw

Next get together now booked for Saturday 27 July.

Just arrived from overseas or been here a while?

... and miss the family left behind

... would love to have a chat, a cuppa, a natter and share a bbq

... would love to talk with others that have been through the same (as we have)???

Come & join us and others in North Lakes from 3pm - until you have to go.

BYO (Bring Your Own food, drinks, chairs, etc.)

At Parkside Park/BBQ area, Aurora Boulevard (behind Bounty Boulevard school), North Lakes 4509.

Questions?

We'd love to see you there and will make you very welcome!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello

Next get-together will be Saturday week, 19 Oct, at Parkside Park/bbq area, Aurora Boulevard, North Lakes (behind Bounty Boulevard School). BYO everything you'll need (food, drinks, chairs). From 2.30pm til dark (about 6pm). Just turn up and have a natter for the afternoon. Children's play area, bbq & toilets on site.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Been in oz 14 months and working / playing hard to get all settled and save for our own house. Would be nice to meet up with some others here for good old ozzy BBQ and drinks. Live in Scarborough, 3 boys 14, 4 and 2. Bit manic at mo as moving house and got a visitor coming but would love to meet up sometime.

Get-together last Sat (19 Oct) with about 8 families. Nearly got blown away with that awful wind, but it was still going when we left at 7pm!

Next get-together Saturday 18 January - same place, from 2.30 til dark (or later if people want to stay).

Hi Susan,

Welcome to Brisbane, we too have only been here for 6m and understand what you are going through. We live in Murrumba Downs and have a 4.5 year old boy starting prep in Jan and his older sister 7. My husband works full time and so time for me is no issue ATM. Let me know if you need anything or wish to get together.

Claire x

• 2 weeks later...

We've just had the October bbq and the next will be Sat 18 January. Same place - Parkside Park/bbq area, Aurora Boulevard, North Lakes. Same time - 2.30 til you have to go. Same arrangement - BYO. Free electric bbq available.

Same offer - you'd be very welcome!

Get-together last Sat (19 Oct) with about 8 families. Nearly got blown away with that awful wind, but it was still going when we left at 7pm!

Next get-together Saturday 18 January - same place, from 2.30 til dark (or later if people want to stay).

We are new to the north lakes area of only 6 weeks and missed the last meet up so we will definitely be the in January. Look forward to meeting some new friends, especially our kids girl 10 and boy 8.

Claire

• 1 month later...
Hello. Friend Sue & I (& husbands) started a 'migrant get-together/bbq' in Jan '13 (Sue arrived Sept '12 & lives in NL). We had the second yesterday & it was a great natter time. The next will be in 3 months' time - probably July. Let me know if you'd like details. Pat Whitelaw

Hi, we arrived in November and have settled in Sandgate, I've got teenage boys and would love to join one of your get togethers and meet other mums. Naomi

Hello.

Welcome to sunny Queensland! Sandgate's a lovely suburb - I hope you enjoy it, too. We arrange the bbq/get-togethers at North Lakes, because a lot of migrants have moved there. Of course you'd be welcome - others that come live in Scarborough and Redcliffe areas.

It'll be from 2.30pm at the Parkside bbq/park area, Aurora Boulevard, North Lakes, until you have to go. There are free bbqs, big play area for the children, toilets, playing field for the bigger kids to kick a ball, together with a small skate park (if your boys are into that). We usually get about 8 families, so it's not too big to talk to everyone and get to make new friends. Oh, bring your own everything: food, drink, chairs. We will hope to have shade at the bbqs, but bring hats, just in case (the summer sun can be quite fierce).

Look forward to seeing you. Do please ask if you want more information. Pat

Hello.

Welcome to sunny Queensland! Sandgate's a lovely suburb - I hope you enjoy it, too. We arrange the bbq/get-togethers at North Lakes, because a lot of migrants have moved there. Of course you'd be welcome - others that come live in Scarborough and Redcliffe areas.

It'll be from 2.30pm at the Parkside bbq/park area, Aurora Boulevard, North Lakes, until you have to go. There are free bbqs, big play area for the children, toilets, playing field for the bigger kids to kick a ball, together with a small skate park (if your boys are into that). We usually get about 8 families, so it's not too big to talk to everyone and get to make new friends. Oh, bring your own everything: food, drink, chairs. We will hope to have shade at the bbqs, but bring hats, just in case (the summer sun can be quite fierce).

Look forward to seeing you. Do please ask if you want more information. Pat

Thanks Pat!

I have a sneaky suspicion that we are in Sydney that week but if not we'll definitely be there! Roll on January!

in the meantime have a fabulous Christmas

• 2 months later...

Hi Susan

I am 39 from Manchester. We moved here last May (my fella is from Adelaide). I have 2 young ones of 2 and 7 months but would love to meet people. I'm not used to not being so anti social to be honest (without sounding like a sad sack lol).

anyhoo, if I don't sound too desperate and you have a group or something I'd love to mingle.

cheers

Mel

• 5 weeks later...

Helen - next get-together will be next Saturday - 12 April - same place, same time, same BYO stuff! You'd be very welcome! (Parkside Park/bbq area, Aurora Boulevard, North Lakes - behind Bounty Boulevard School.)

• 2 years later...

Hello all

Next get-together/bbq is Saturday 17 September (start of the Qld school holidays) at Aurora Boulevard Park, Aurora Boulevard (behind Bounty Boulevard School), North Lakes.

From 2pm til you have to go. BYO food, drinks, etc. Free electric bbqs available.

PM me is you have questions.