DIAC Suggesting Front-End Loading for Some GSM Applicants

George Lombard

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubby spoke to agent today, they too have advised against getting meds done before being asked to. We've not got CO yet (hopefully soon, fingers crossed). Agent said that immigration dept are in a right mess. I'd love to get the meds done to make the process quicker once CO allocated, but then dont want it to be that we possibly might end up doing them again (a lot of money). I was thinking of booking the meds for march/april and then if havent got a CO by then, then we could cancel, but we have to organise shifts around appointments so think this could be a possibility, what do you think???

Hi George, Although I am from India, I hold a British passport now. I have been in UK last 16 years and have been a British cistizen for the last 5 years. I am a GP. I applied to the Australian Medical Council in December 2010 and also to AHPRA in Jan 2011. I have not yet heard from either of them yet and obviously not been allocated a case officer I guess. Could you please tell me if I qualify for the above? Many thanks.

Gand

Hi George, Although I am from India, I hold a British passport now. I have been in UK last 16 years and have been a British cistizen for the last 5 years. I am a GP. I applied to the Australian Medical Council in December 2010 and also to AHPRA in Jan 2011. I have not yet heard from either of them yet and obviously not been allocated a case officer I guess. Could you please tell me if I qualify for the above? Many thanks.

Gand

Have you lodged your visa application (assuming GPs lodge like us mear mortals) with DIAC?

Guys I do not know where do my application stand but one thing I know during last 4 years that nothing is predictable under DIAC. I was asked to upload my medical and PCC way back in 2008. It was expired and then in 2010 again I was asked to submit my medical and PCC again by my agent. And it is expired again.

I do not want to know where do my my application stand now... Because I can not believe anything less than decision by DIAC. All other is rumor.

This does sound like good news and that things are moving

We have a 175 lodged in Dec 2009, so are lucky enough to fall into the category for front-end loading meds, PCCs etc, but we have an agent who is still suggesting that we don't do it! Is anyone else using an agent that advising against front-end loading

She says it could all change again in a few months and we may be stuck with out of date meds this time next year - that doesnt seem to be the vibe I'm getting from the information being released from DIAC

Surely by now they want to crack on as much as possible and clear the backlog for their own sake, as much as anyone elses

Hmmmm confused!

:unsure:

Our agent has told us about this but cautioned against it. But said its up to us.

I'm with some of the other PIO'ers on this - DIAC change the rules so frequently it just isn't worth the potential lost expense. I'm not booking/paying for anything more now until we have a CO and they tell me to.

Also, as I understand it once you get it, your initial visa validation period only lasts as long as your meds/criminal record check does. You either have to move out or visit and validate your visa before they expire. For us that means leaving them as long as poss so that that period of time is as long as poss - we want to avoid visiting/validating, next time we go to Perth we want to stay! For us there's so much to sort once we've got the visa - not least selling the house - that we want as long as possible!

I hope someone from DIAC is following this thread. They must be scratching their heads and thinking, why do they (applicants) feel reluctant to do their Medicals and PCC after our recent announcement.

Well, they have to realize that there is always a point of no return and once it is reached; by broken promises and lack of transparency on the DIAC’s behalf, people won’t be easily swayed by a ‘sudden’ change of heart. Once the trust is lost and it was lost a long time ago, they have to earn it back.

Regards,

MOTO

The way i see it, DIAC is trying to solve a problem they created, while putting the financial risk on the back of their customers. they have a "Pilot" plan to try and shorten the processing time after a CO has been allocated, but they do not need to change or risk anything in order to make this plan happen.

If they were half decent - they would have commit that anyone posting their health/police check results according to the new "guidelines" will not have their health/police checks expiring whatsoever, until a decision about their visa is in place. even it will take DIAC 2 years o process it.

and i personally call all the people in the pipe line - Don't help them. don't preload anything. let them fix their own mess.

The way i see it, DIAC is trying to solve a problem they created, while putting the financial risk on the back of their customers. they have a "Pilot" plan to try and shorten the processing time after a CO has been allocated, but they do not need to change or risk anything in order to make this plan happen.

If they were half decent - they would have commit that anyone posting their health/police check results according to the new "guidelines" will not have their health/police checks expiring whatsoever, until a decision about their visa is in place. even it will take DIAC 2 years o process it.

and i personally call all the people in the pipe line - Don't help them. don't preload anything. let them fix their own mess.

That is exactly what they are doing. Spot on!

Thank you for your post.

Regards,

MOTO

I disagree. This is a political issue rather than policy issue. The government has decided they want less migrants and DIAC is required not do exceed the quotas.

Re the medicals and police check, what you described would never happen, anywhere. It's not as simple as you say it. They're not going to change the law just because they want to be nice to immigrants.

DIAC is not going to promise anything because they simply cannot do it. They're only doing what the government tells them to do and they themselves have no idea what happens next.

Hi George, I am going there under Visa cat 457. My employer has not started his paper work yet and hence, I have not received any visa papers or applied for visa yet. I have been advised to process the visa papers after I hear from the Australian Medical Council.Thanks.

Gand.

I disagree. This is a political issue rather than policy issue. The government has decided they want less migrants and DIAC is required not do exceed the quotas.

Re the medicals and police check, what you described would never happen, anywhere. It's not as simple as you say it. They're not going to change the law just because they want to be nice to immigrants.

DIAC is not going to promise anything because they simply cannot do it. They're only doing what the government tells them to do and they themselves have no idea what happens next.

I agree that i used "DIAC" and probably should have said the Ministry with the finger pointing but for the discussion these 2 entities are one.

I agree that i used "DIAC" and probably should have said the Ministry with the finger pointing but for the discussion these 2 entities are one.

Yeah okay but my point is that you're suggesting to do something against the recommendation of DIAC.

They're the government of a foreign country, they can do whatever they want.

Personally, I really hate governments because they make us feel we work for them. They let us to keep some money they don't tax from us, they let us do something they don't over-regulate etc.). It should be the other way around where they work for us and we ask them to do what we want.

Sadly, the bureaucracy all around the world has become a real threat to our freedoms.

Guest travelsparks
So I am completely lost a 176 SS how long is the time or doe anyone not know anything like me!!
Do I frontoad as a 176 SS or not being the case can anyone help before my head explodes

Thanks in advance

Do I frontoad as a 176 SS or not being the case can anyone help before my head explodes

Thanks in advance

There are two scenarios

1. You meet the conditions > you front-load

2. You don't meet the conditions > you don't front-load

Without any information about your case no one here is able to look at it and help you out.

Guest travelsparks
There are two scenarios

Without any information about your case no one here is able to look at it and help you out.

Okay got SS in Dec 10 and the submitted 176 in Jan 11. Hope that helps , it is a crazy visa process

Okay got SS in Dec 10 and the submitted 176 in Jan 11. Hope that helps , it is a crazy visa process

If you're Cat 2, you meet the required conditions. I don't know what's so difficult about reading the document.

You only lodged your application last month, get yourself prepared for a long waiting time, whatever the 'long' means these days.

Travelsparks, if you are Cat 2 then really the call is yours, there appears to be some who are very anti this (for various reasons so dont want to get into their reasons or whyfores) but ultimatley only you can decided if its worth the risk. We are, looking at the timescales on other 176 SA visa applicants then our CO "should" only be a few weeks away, and as we will be moving as soon as we get our visa (we have planned for this so put ourselves in the position to go as soon as our son finishes his GCSEs this summer)

I posted a similar reply to this post when George released the recommendations from DIAC here

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/106496-when-will-vailidility-period-start.html

In reality, who knows when we will get our CO ??? I will submit my 176 SS application tomorrow, I am an electrician (special class) and the OH is a registered nurse, I am the main applicant because of the faffing about with the OH's registration. Lets say we get our medicals done next week, we get our CO in Jan 2012, we'll then have a month to move...........who, I ask, can prepare to do that ????????

What I am thinking of doing is submitting the application then in July/August frontload our Meds/PCC.....................is this a good option ??????

Guest Sandisonsonthemove
I posted a similar reply to this post when George released the recommendations from DIAC here

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/106496-when-will-vailidility-period-start.html

In reality, who knows when we will get our CO ??? I will submit my 176 SS application tomorrow, I am an electrician (special class) and the OH is a registered nurse, I am the main applicant because of the faffing about with the OH's registration. Lets say we get our medicals done next week, we get our CO in Jan 2012, we'll then have a month to move...........who, I ask, can prepare to do that ????????

What I am thinking of doing is submitting the application then in July/August frontload our Meds/PCC.....................is this a good option ??????

TBH Woody unless you will be in a position to validate your visas within the month then don't front load yet. Validation does not mean you have to move there at that point you only have to enter the country to get your visa stamped and then come back to the UK to sort your life out. If you have the cash to do that then front load now or hold off for a few months

Personally we are CAT 4 but have applied to WA so if we are lucky to be granted SS with them (currently with Qld but not on SMP) then we will be CAT 2 but there is no way on this earth will I front load any documents without being asked to do so by a CO. I cannot trust DIAC not to change the rules again when the year end comes round and we cannot afford to waste money doing it all again.:no:

Whatever route you choose good luck. :hug:

Donna x

Guest travelsparks

thanks guys it is very confusing as someone was also saying the validation of your visa from when you have the meds PCC done can be less than a year, so everything is very conflicting, we want to just get the visa and move straight away no coming back and then back out

There are two scenarios

Without any information about your case no one here is able to look at it and help you

out.

hi all .its nothing sure of eligibility to grant visa on asking for med/pcc but i may be doubt from past experience when they have done this same way to all pre -2007applicants, they are going to clearing backlog by capping and ceasing applications in coming months under a previous legislation or new visa capping bill. its may be my imagination but it is possible becoz they have already a legal tool of S 39 TO A clear gsm backlog in one attempt only.so also be prepared for this becoz diac would never care for the lives messed by their faults or ministerial decision.

good luck

Guest travelsparks
hi all .its nothing sure of eligibility to grant visa on asking for med/pcc but i may be doubt from past experience when they have done this same way to all pre -2007applicants, they are going to clearing backlog by capping and ceasing applications in coming months under a previous legislation or new visa capping bill. its may be my imagination but it is possible becoz they have already a legal tool of S 39 TO A clear gsm backlog in one attempt only.so also be prepared for this becoz diac would never care for the lives messed by their faults or ministerial decision.

good luck

Sorry you have lost me a bit, but I got an email from immi.gov the other day saying that the WA and SA are going to be processed up to 13December they are currentyl at 10September and will continue to process after.

GSM Processing Update - 14 February 2011

By Mark Webster

15 February 2011 The Department of Immigration has issued an advice that certain GSM (General Skilled Migration) applicants should initiate health and police checks for their applications. This is a sign that processing is moving forward on the backlog of GSM applications in the system - currently there are some 130,000 applicants in the GSM pipeline.

The Minister for Immigration announced processing priority levels applying to GSM applications from August 2010. Under this system, all applicants in priority group 2 and some applicants in priority group 3 are advised to undertake health and character checks.

Applications Where Health and Character Should be Obtained

Only certain applicants should commence health and character checks. These are as follows:

• Applicants nominated under a State Migration Plan (Priority Group 2 - both onshore and offshore subclasses)

• Offshore applicants with an occupation on the new SOL who have lodged prior to 30 June 2010 (Priority Group 3 - subclasses 175, 176 and 475)

• Onshore applicants with an occupation on the new SOL who have lodged prior to 30 September 2010 (Priority Group 3 - subclasses 885, 886 and 487)

Applicants from high risk countries where security clearances are known to be slow (eg Pakistan, Iran) may be best to delay obtaining clearances until requested, as the security clearances can take 6 months or more.

Likely Processing Time for Priority Applications

The advice from DIAC is that applications in the above categories are likely to be processed within the validity of the health and character checks. Health and character are typically valid for 12 months, so this would mean that the above cases are likely to be processed within this timeframe. Applications Where Health and Character Should Not Yet Be Undertaken

People who do not fall within these categories are advised not to proceed with health and police checks. This would include Priority Group 3 applications lodged after the specified dates, and all Priority Group 4 (ie where the occupation is not on the new SOL, or where the nomination is not under a State Migration Plan). The only indication we have about allocation of these cases is that it is likely to be in the 2011-12 Program Year (ie after 1 July 2011). Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with your GSM application.

SOURCE: GSM Processing Update - 14 February 2011