gas trainer

Help with CPV, work and Last remaining relative

Hi all,

My wife and I intend to join our daughter and partner in Aus under the CPV, which from what I can make out will cost about £5,500 and take about 2 years. We are 61 year old and would still like to work, Linda is a qualified Radiographer and I am a qualified trainer/assessor/verifier in Gas, Water and some electrics. I assume we would have to have our qualifications recognised when we arrive in Australia.

We would also like our son to join us all under the last remaining relative schem, about £2,000, he is 32 years old and in non skilled work. We would like to travel together or with the minimum of time between my wife and I going and our son joining us. Where do we start and what is the process?

Thanks in advace for any help and sugestions.

Rick

Rick, I hate to tell you this but your estimate of CPV cost is waaaay off the mark at £5,500. I believe it is more like AUD 35,000 EACH. I am sure somebody can clarify that, but it is major money.

Anyway assuming you still want to go, onto the last remaining relative visa. It is not great news here either, I am not sure how long you would have to leave it, but certainly you would not be moving together. I think you would have to get moved first and settle in. In the meantime your son would for all intents and purposes need to stay single or only get together with someone who is an orphaned only child. Once a serious significant other is on the scene he will get a new family and would no longer be eligible for LRR. The other thing to note is this visa takes a long time to be processed, it is not specific but I have seen one esteemed agent estimate it at around 4- 6 years.

Sorry, not a lot of good news in that post. :(

Guest MARTINI

Hi

Current Costs for a sub class 143 are as follows

1st installment of $1735 each

2nd installment of $39700 each

Total $79400 which at todays current exchange rate is about £52000.

I am sure that i also read somewhere about having to pay a bond of $10,000 for 1st applicant and $5000 for second.

There is a subclass 864 but i think that the male applicant must be over 65.

Link to info so that you can check the info that i have given you is 100% correct as all Visa apps seem to be a minefield of conflicting information.

Parent Visa Charges

Regards

And good luck

It is possible to apply for the Remaining Relative visa onshore if he were to come on a visit, although he should be aware that he should not travel to Australia with the intention of doing this and your daughter would also be able to sponsor your son - you would not have to wait till you are settled but you would have to be residents in Australia. . The downside is that he would not be able to work until his visa was granted, although I do know some people have been able to do this after demonstrating hardship.

Is there any way that your son could get sponsored for a temporary 457 visa so he could work in Australia? He could then apply for the RRV onshore.

There is another thread on here by a couple who want to do something similar so if you do a search I am sure it will come up.

Guest guest36187

Gas trainer: Do you have just two kids? 1 in each country??? For the CPV you have to meet the balance of family test.

Hi Joanne,

Yes just the two kids

Rick

By the time you pay travel costs, medical examination fees, penal clearances, settlement costs and perhaps a modest fee to a registered migration agent to advise about strategy do not expect to get much change out of AUD$100 000.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Guest Sheza1963

Yes my parents are coming on cpv plus my sister wants to come on a remaining rel visa she can apy as soon as my parents get accepted which we have been told wo t take lo g once they get there's and by the way it's costing them $96000 lot of money but wat a way of living the rest of your years in this wonderful climate my parent feel healthier and years you ger when they come out on hols I'm sure oz will give them many years lo ger than they would I. The uk