Heading To Perth

Guest sassygmt

Guest sassygmt

Hi there, Our visas have been applied for and myself and my partner are set to arrive in Perth the end of next month. We are leaving the flights for now till we have a good idea of how long our visas will take. Hopefully it will be ok.

We would like to meet up with some folks when we get out there, so give us a shout on any meets happening in the Perth area from the end of March onwards.

Gayle

Guest sassygmt

When is everyone due to get there? We should be arriving around the 26th of March as my partner is due to start his job on the 28th March! Hopefully the 457 will come through in time, we have been assured that it should be ok, so it's just a waiting game now......

Gayle

I'm checking this out about 10 times a day to give me some idea! http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/104999-457-processing-times.html

I think it probably all depends on the company who's sponsoring you.

My husbands is starting from scratch with approval for part 1 of the visa and we heard today that DIAC have a three week backlog due to the amount of applications they are getting!

Guest jackie Macdonald

We, as a family are heading back to Perth..... hubby mid March, as he has to start work then. Me at the end of July as I'm staying to see out the kids school year!

It would be great to meet up!

jackie xx

We, as a family are heading back to Perth..... hubby mid March, as he has to start work then. Me at the end of July as I'm staying to see out the kids school year!

It would be great to meet up!

jackie xx

Im up for it we have 2 kids aged 8 and 14

Guest jackie Macdonald
Im up for it we have 2 kids aged 8 and 14

Cool.. I have 10 year old twins (girl and boy) and a 17 year old who will be joining us after he has completed his A levels in 10 months.

jxx

Cool.. I have 10 year old twins (girl and boy) and a 17 year old who will be joining us after he has completed his A levels in 10 months.

jxx

Hey Jackie

I've been following your story hunni...I understand how difficult it can be having to leave one of your kids behind even if only for a short time. Really wish you all well with your return!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We loved it in Perth, the beaches at cottesloe and scarborough were fantastic, you are lucky devils going to live in such a brilliant place, best of luck.

Guest jackie Macdonald
Hey Jackie

I've been following your story hunni...I understand how difficult it can be having to leave one of your kids behind even if only for a short time. Really wish you all well with your return!

Thanks Harpergirl,

I'm not there yet but I'm really scared about it to be honest. We are so close and it will be bloody hard, but I keep telling myself it will give him confidence and independence! and he has promised me he will be looking at Universities in Oz! I know I/we will get through it.. he is a darling and as long as he is happy, I will be... :cry:

jxx

And me!

Hoping to be in Perth by July/ August - other half going out april time. We have 2 children - ollie 7 and evelyn 10 months and we are VERY excited to start our new lives there. Looks like there is mass migration to Perth - hope to meet you all at some point in the future

emily

Hello Edwards Family. We fly out Mid MAy to Perth, Me (39) Hubby (38) Huey (7) Lola (4)...dont know many people so if you fancy meeting up let me know. Where bouts in Perth you heading....My Oh working at Perth Airport but not decided on area as yet? Be good to hear from you.

Guest janeubu
I'm checking this out about 10 times a day to give me some idea! http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/104999-457-processing-times.html

I think it probably all depends on the company who's sponsoring you.

My husbands is starting from scratch with approval for part 1 of the visa and we heard today that DIAC have a three week backlog due to the amount of applications they are getting!

wow good to see your older children up for the move?my daughter is 21 and is not wanting to come with us ...bad timesx:arghh:

my daughter is 21 and is not wanting to come with us ...bad timesx:arghh:

The eldest two live away from home but Sarah is keen to come with us and is getting a WHV so she can test the water so to speak. Maybe thats something that your girl might consider? It doesn't feel so permanent lol

Both my girls are leaving long term boyfriends at home but both their lads have been very supportive of the opportunity the girls have by us going and both are planning on coming over to visit.... maybe even stay at some point as they both have skills needed!

Don't get me wrong I live in fear that one or the other will back out at some point but they've both bought new bikini's :wub:

As for our 20 year old lad he CANNOT wait to start a new life. He's a mechanic and is already seeing his boss struggle to make ends meet here due to lack of business.

Our eldest boy is planning on doing his own travelling and will end up in Oz some time next year.

My husband has worked in quite a few different countries and worked in Perth for two years before Zac was born. During that time we only saw each other for 8 weeks a year so I suppose the kids grew up thinking of the world as relatively small with no place being too far that you can't return. Skype becomes second nature lol

Fingers crossed it all works out eh!

And me!

Hoping to be in Perth by July/ August - other half going out april time. We have 2 children - ollie 7 and evelyn 10 months and we are VERY excited to start our new lives there. Looks like there is mass migration to Perth - hope to meet you all at some point in the future

emily

We have 5 children and heading out with 4 of them in July/august too, just sold our house so all wrapped up in organising everything, meet ups def going to be a priority.

V

Ping Pommer

Guest janeubu
The eldest two live away from home but Sarah is keen to come with us and is getting a WHV so she can test the water so to speak. Maybe thats something that your girl might consider? It doesn't feel so permanent lol

Both my girls are leaving long term boyfriends at home but both their lads have been very supportive of the opportunity the girls have by us going and both are planning on coming over to visit.... maybe even stay at some point as they both have skills needed!

Don't get me wrong I live in fear that one or the other will back out at some point but they've both bought new bikini's :wub:

As for our 20 year old lad he CANNOT wait to start a new life. He's a mechanic and is already seeing his boss struggle to make ends meet here due to lack of business.

Our eldest boy is planning on doing his own travelling and will end up in Oz some time next year.

My husband has worked in quite a few different countries and worked in Perth for two years before Zac was born. During that time we only saw each other for 8 weeks a year so I suppose the kids grew up thinking of the world as relatively small with no place being too far that you can't return. Skype becomes second nature lol

Fingers crossed it all works out eh!

hi im sure it will be fine for you all,my daughter says she will valadate her visa but im unsure she will stay,do you know where you will be living in perth?how exciting for u:jiggy: