Bringing English bull-terrier from Ireland.

Guest soulfly

Guest soulfly

Hi!

I have 1 dog that I would love to bring with me to Oz.

Is there any legal issues with english bull-terriers?

and does anyone know agents in ireland who organize paperwork, flights and quarantine?

Cheers

Hi!

and does anyone know agents in ireland who organize paperwork, flights and quarantine?

Cheers

Hey this is the list that can't come to oz

Can't help with the agents sorry

Don't think there's an problem with English Bull Terriers; I've seen a few around so suppose they can't be a banned breed.

We used PetairUK to transport our two dogs in 2008. They're not in Ireland (based in Dorset) but I'd expect that they would be able to deal with your request. They were very good, I couldn't recommend them enough. They handle the whole process with excellent communication and they're good value for money (it's not a cheap process as you've probably already found out).

If you have time before you leave, you can get the dog a pet passport. This is basically a verification that the dog has been successfully vaccinated against rabies. That way you avoid quarantine (30 days in Sydney), get cheaper flights and avoid lots of stress for the dog and you. Speak to your vet ASAP as it takes about six months to get the all clear (you also have to be careful regarding the annual lepro vaccination, you could need several months grace after this before the dog can fly).

The pet passport also works the same from Oz to UK.

Yes EBT's are fine and not on the restricted list! I love them! We have two staffies so a bit biased when it comes to Bullies! :wub: They fly a week today! Eeek!

I get the impression that bullies don't have as bad a reputation they have in UK/Ireland....on a few pet store websites I have visited they have pics of staffies etc to advertise products!!!!!!!!! Almost unheard of in the UK/Ireland as you know....you normally only see scowling images of them in newspapers!

And as per majority of comments it would be just the 30-day quarantine. At a guess I imagine most dogs fly out of Heathrow so might be easier and cost wise you'll have more choice using an agent based in the UK? I am guessing dogs can travel between UK and Ireland with no problem??

The AQIS website has really clear guidance on what needs to be done at what stage so have a good read through that.

Hi!

Cheers

Hi I'm also in the process of organising my dog shipped from Dublin to Oz. Iv been in touch with 2 companies here who ship dogs to oz one is 'k international' and the other was 'airsea.ie' both of which gave me similar quotes. The problem is we dont have any agencies as such that will help you organise your paper work and so on like the uk. But as far as I know your vet should have some idea, thats my next step anyway to see if my vet can help!!!! Check out the website www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs all the info you need is on that including a checklist of everything you need to do. Good luck!!!!!

Guest alicat1969
Don't think there's an problem with English Bull Terriers; I've seen a few around so suppose they can't be a banned breed.

We used PetairUK to transport our two dogs in 2008. They're not in Ireland (based in Dorset) but I'd expect that they would be able to deal with your request. They were very good, I couldn't recommend them enough. They handle the whole process with excellent communication and they're good value for money (it's not a cheap process as you've probably already found out).

If you have time before you leave, you can get the dog a pet passport. This is basically a verification that the dog has been successfully vaccinated against rabies. That way you avoid quarantine (30 days in Sydney), get cheaper flights and avoid lots of stress for the dog and you. Speak to your vet ASAP as it takes about six months to get the all clear (you also have to be careful regarding the annual lepro vaccination, you could need several months grace after this before the dog can fly).

The pet passport also works the same from Oz to UK.

I thought Australia didn't participate in the Pet passport scheme? It is 30 days whether you have one or not isn't it? It would be lovely if it did, but I'm sure it doesn't.....

I thought Australia didn't participate in the Pet passport scheme? It is 30 days whether you have one or not isn't it? It would be lovely if it did, but I'm sure it doesn't.....

Alicat you are right ! the only reason people get the passport and rabies jabs is incase they come back tto the Uk and the dog doesn't have to do 6 months quarantine !

They have to do 30 days in oz :yes:

Guest SunshineSmile

My 2 labs and 1 staffy are flying from Dublin to Melbourne next Tuesday with K International. Airsea quoted me 5 thousand Euro MORE than the quote from K International!!! :swoon:

Companies here in Ireland only take the dogs from the airport, you have to do all the paperwork yourself, its fairly straightforward but you do have to be careful with timings.

Most vets in Ireland are NOT familiar with the process so u will have to do a good bit of research yourself to make sure all runs smoothly.

You also do NOT deal with DEFRA coming from Ireland, (thats for UK residents) so dont be confused by this.

I will let you know how I get on with K International after next Tuesday!!!

Fingers crossed I have everything right anyway, the process is not for the fainthearted particularly for us with 3 dogs!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MontyClaude

Hi Sunshine Smile

I am sending two dogs and two cats to Melbourne. We live in Ireland but we're going to bring them to Heathrow ourselves as the prices from Ireland are NUTS! We've been quoted between £4700 to £8500 for all 4 from the UK and more again from Ireland. Good luck, hope it goes well.