MyKi Cards for trams

Youonlyliveonce

My husband and I got myki cards the first weekend we got here - so far so good. It's cheaper than using a metcard and you can use it on trains and buses too. Defo got our monies worth out of the $3 a day to travel anywhere/anytime on Saturdays and Sundays. Hope that helps x

It is not bad, but…

Sometimes you have to swipe it loads and loads of times before the reader takes the payment

I keep on forgetting to swipe it when I get on the tram.

It is cheaper though (and not just because I keep forgetting to swipe it). I was buying monthly cards before and in effect paying for days that I was not using

It is not bad, but…

Sometimes you have to swipe it loads and loads of times before the reader takes the payment

I keep on forgetting to swipe it when I get on the tram.

It is cheaper though (and not just because I keep forgetting to swipe it). I was buying monthly cards before and in effect paying for days that I was not using

You don't really swipe it. Just lay it flat against the reader and it should read ok.

I don't even take mine out of my wallet and it still reads ok.

I use one and its certainly more convenient than buying tickets all the time.

A lot of aussies complain about the train/tram system in Melbourne but its far superior to anything ive used before....especially London.

You don't really swipe it. Just lay it flat against the reader and it should read ok.

I don't even take mine out of my wallet and it still reads ok.

Yep, I just keep mine in my purse and hold it against the panel and it reads fine - which is fab because otherwise I'd lose/forget the damn thing all the time!

Archived