register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Ali&Paul

How long to validate 457

Hi,

Does anyone know how long we would have to enter Australia if my husband was sponsored on a 457 temporary visa? Also will I be under any restrictions regarding employment or could I work full time if we were out there on his visa?

Many Thanks,

Alison

Applied 175 19/08/2009 - Hairdresser - WA SS applied 03/10/2011 Approved same day! CO 17/10/2011 PCC 19/10/2011 Meds 25/10/2011 Visa Granted 11/11/11 what a day to Remember!

You will be able to work full time. I have no idea about the entry date though, since my 457 was an onshore application.

Guest BethMeg

Employer Sponsored Workers (e457) - Online Applications

Hi

I'm not sure how long it would take if your on a sponsored employee visa. It took us 6 months using an agency but that was a Sponsored family visa.We were also location limited for a while.Adelaide only.

You should have no problems being able to work.

Looking at our passports, we were given 4 years to enter the country from date 457 visa was granted. Of course this type of visa is usually granted pretty quickly because the sponsor company wants the worker to start as soon as possible...The partner and anybody else on that visa is entitled to work or study full time.

Thank you everyone for your replys, so if it takes you a year to get there after visa is granted does that mean you only have 3 years left to work in oz? As it's a 4 year visa? Or do u have 4 years regardless of when you enter Australia?

Many thanks

Applied 175 19/08/2009 - Hairdresser - WA SS applied 03/10/2011 Approved same day! CO 17/10/2011 PCC 19/10/2011 Meds 25/10/2011 Visa Granted 11/11/11 what a day to Remember!

Thank you everyone for your replys, so if it takes you a year to get there after visa is granted does that mean you only have 3 years left to work in oz? As it's a 4 year visa? Or do u have 4 years regardless of when you enter Australia?

Many thanks

Hi yea your spot on you would only have 3 years left.

Maria.x

TRA Jan 2010, Visa application, 7th MAY 2010, Visa granted 18/02/2011.