Newbie ~ door closed?

Guest journeyman

Guest journeyman

Hi all,

Firstly, congrats to all for a wonderful website with lots of helpful advice and great stories of people who have been there and done it.

We've been to visit our niece over in Oz a couple of times and have always enjoyed our time there,we also have a friend/old neighbour who has now gone out there and is making a life for himself on a skilled visa.

I/we feel 'trapped' now in a way, we 'found' Australia late in life,...does the door close to all of us/those over (or just over! ), age 50?.

I'm non-skilled but my other half has some financial qualifications that 'may' be useful.

My question is ,(and I'm dreading the answer as I see our dreams crash and burn),...is there anyway to migrate for non-skilled/semi-skilled folk with no direct family?, as I said,we have a niece but it's not direct family.

Having looked at a lot of the info' on here for quite some time,I'm almost certain our dream may be just that now, a dream,...in which case this will probably be my first and last post.:daydreaming:

Guest guest36187

First thing would be to get on the DIMIA web site to the visa wizard to see if you qualify for a visa. Most agents do a free consultation at the beginning. We have many that post on here.

Good Luck x x x

Guest journeyman

Thanks for taking the time to post a reply,Joanne,I wasn't aware that there were initial 'free' consultations with agents,so thank you.

I see you also have a link to a digital website in your post,I often refer to 'Barry Beckham's photoshop elements' book in my digital photography...small world!.