Bank statements from joint accounts, how many should i send with application?

bennyboy

Hi again, just a quick one,

Could anyone please advise on how many bank statements from joint accounts should be sent with spouse visa application?

I have only got i or 2 but would a CO want to see as many as possible for the amount of years a joint account has been held between us?

This is just to put my mind at rest.

Thanks.:err:

Hi

I applied for the defacto visa and sent a selection of bank statements over the last 3 years. The CO then got back to me and said that, if I wanted to be considered for a permanent visa, I would just need to provide one piece of evidence from each month we had been together over 3 yrs. As electricty bills only come quarterly, the easiest way to do this was to provide _every_ bank statement we'd ever had together.... it worked because I'm now living in Oz on a permanent visa. :-)

If you have other evidence from the 'missing' months then you can include that, but if you don't, it's easiest to include all the bank statements you hold.

No, it would be the number of years which are required for the evidence. For our visa it was 'proof you've been together for the past 3 yrs', hence why we supplied 3 yrs worth of statements. You could maybe include your very first statement to show the date you opened your account - that would probably help with your case.

I see what you mean, 1 statement for every year of the 9 years we have held our joint account?

I better start looking to find where they all are then!!

Thanks for you help:cute:

That wasn't exactly what I meant. It's hard to explain....Each CO's requirements may be different but what we were told he needed was one piece of evidence from each month over the last 3 years (as the visa requirement is to prove you've been together for a minimum of 3 yrs). E.g. Jan 07 bank statement, Feb 07 Electricity Bill, Mar 07 telephone bill, Apr 07 bank statement.... As long as every piece of evidence contained both our names.

As the bank statements were issued monthly but bills only issued quarterly, we used the bank statements to fill in the months in between bills.

I would send everything you have now and then the CO will contact you and let you know if he/she requires any more bits of evidence.

Thanks Yugoj,

Sorry i missunderstood what you said before, We went through a huge holdall last night and have found lots of statements, documents and bills dating back to when we first had our joint accounts (including cheque books) 9 years ago. We even have statements from a joint account that we especially opened to save for our wedding.

But as it's only the last 3 years that's really needed i suppose the above doesn't really matter now. But, most of the utility bills are in my name, such as gas, telephone, electricity etc.... although both our wages are paid into a joint account, our bills are paid by direct debit or cheque, so i'm guessing that we should be sending bank statements for every month if we have them.

Now i'm starting to worry as not everything we have is in joint names, despite being married for 9 years this year.:eek:

Like you say though, every c/o may require different information so we will just send what we have got. Our status is:

Myself: Australian citizen, born in Perth 1969. Lived in UK since 1982. Married Englishman 2002. 2 grown up children from previous marriage. Both now Australain citizens by descent.

Spouse: British citizen. We have 1 child together, also an Australain citizen by descent.

Began dating 1995, started living together 2001, married 2002, first and last child born 2004.

STILL HAPPILY MARRIED AND LOOKING FORWARD TO LIFE BACK IN OZ:jiggy: