Help, please, long wait

Guest crystal-gaze

Guest crystal-gaze

Hi,

Please help,

I know this sound like a question with a possible answer of "how long`s a piece of string," but I have been looking on these forum & note people getting their visas quickly & Iam wondering why our visa is taking sooo long.

We got QLD SS back in July 2009, then due to the skill list stoppage & skills list change (Sept 2009 to July 2010). We didn`t submit out main apllication to the DIAC until July 2010, but to our pleasure my husband`s skill (electrician) is on the new list :biggrin:. So hopefully quicker.

Wrong. We have been checking weekly but it is now February 2011 & STILL no CO. :arghh:

Taking so long we are :SLEEP:

We have had out lives on hold for so many years now, this is really not funny anymore.

Thank you for any advise

Crystal

Probably a backlog of applications and then Christmas comes along and in Aus everything slows down for six weeks as its summer holidays. Then the floods in Brisbane disrupted people getting to work, now the cyclone. Hopefully one day soon Queensland disasters will stop and things will get back to normal.

One thing is for sure they are going to need lots of trades people to repair all the damage.

Guest crystal-gaze
Probably a backlog of applications and then Christmas comes along and in Aus everything slows down for six weeks as its summer holidays. Then the floods in Brisbane disrupted people getting to work, now the cyclone. Hopefully one day soon Queensland disasters will stop and things will get back to normal.

One thing is for sure they are going to need lots of trades people to repair all the damage.

Thank you Petals, so by what you are saying our now main application would in the Brisbane DIAC (as we have QLD SS)?

I totally agree in regards to the trades needed as my husband being an electrician would be a major help in the re-build & re-establish projects. We also as we want to make QLD our home want to help, so a bit frustrated here.

Fingers crossed the Government switch into this idea thinking & start going through the trade skills applications quick. :idea:

Crystal

You will probably find you have a case officer who will get in touch soon. On the processing status with Immigration it says all applications in cat 2 prior to 13 December 2010 have been allocated case officers. He / she will have your file. I think it's just me who has not got a case officer in QLD. I got SS from QLD in August but there is a discrepancy between AHPRA and Queensland about my eligibility for nurse registration.

Why don't you give Immigration a ring

0061 1300 364 613 to check if you have a CO.

Good luck. x h

Guest perth42

I suspect that with cyclone yasi you may be waiting a bit longer.. Schools have been closed for a week (according to news report streaming over the net on abc.net.au) and they have said qld will be suffering for up to three days. Lots of destruction and power cables out...:sad: Don't think migration qld will be in their offices for a bit.

Guest VickyMel

Check out the first page of Connies Cat 2 thread and see what is happening around your time line.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/98525-category-2s-where-you-now.html

If most other QLD people around your application time have COs maybe send DIAC a PLE asking if they can confirm you are Priority 2 and whether you have a CO?

There seems to be a bit of variation just due to everything happening at once and different teams operating in different ways.

Guest crystal-gaze

Thanks everyone, we know our application is being held in Adelaide DIAC so what`s going on in QLD at mo should interfer with process. Even though we do have the QLD SS part.

Sorry being dense VickyMel but what am I looking at on that page?:err:

My husband has emailed the DIAC, so just waiting for a reply now.