register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Dunwa

The start of a long road.

Hi there, just a quick introduction before the questions start flying. My wife and I are just getting stared in the planning and info gathering stage for our application. We’re currently looking at the 175 and 475 routes right now. With regards to background we’re both 37, for myself:

Senior Systems Analyst

16 Years experience

Prince 2 Practitioner

BA (Hons) Business Studies.

..and my wife

Management Accountant

16 Years Experience

CIMA qualified

BA (Hons) Business Studies.

We also have 2 kids, 6 & 1 to throw into the mix. We’re going to a couple of trade fairs with companies that are sponsoring and recruiting so fingers crossed as hopefully that will be the easiest & quickest route in. If that fails then we’re going down the 175 Skilled Migrant route.

Any advice, pointers or words of support would be greatly appreciated. We’re both very positive right now but realise that it’s a long slog ahead of us.

:notworthy:

22/02/11 First employer interview - 06/04/11 Second employer Interview - 13/05/11 Offer of employment - 05/06/11 Documentation submitted - 08/06/11 457 Visa application lodged. 28/06/11 - Applicant Approved 27/08/11 - Arrived Sydney, NSW.

Guest VickyMel

Hi Dunwa

Welcome to PIO!

My advice do loads of research

Keep an eye on what is happening by scanning the forum in case it may impact on your plans.

Keep an eye on how people get around problems if they might also apply to you.

Ask questions whenever you need to - there are loads of us on here in a similar boat.

Welcome

VickyMel