Aircraft engineer wondering where do I start?

Guest smartprice

Guest smartprice

Hi all,

After lots of researching we have decided Oz is definatly where we want to be. We are a family of 4 with 2 small children aged 2 and 6.

My hubby is currently an Aircraft Engineer in the Royal Navy with 12 years experience. He doesnt have civillian qualifications and we have seen conflicting information as to wether he would qualify to go on the SOL as he is now or complete his civvy licenses?

Has anyone any advice on the first steps we need to take?

Any advice would be very gratefully recieved :wub:

Guest smartprice

:smile:Thanks for that, Great to hear.

Were unsure at present about the visas as weve just started but thinking 175 skilled independant or 176 skilled sponsored, although ive been reading companies arent overly interested until you are an Australian citizen?

Our aim is to be there 2 years from April so 2013!

Guest smartprice

Hi Gaz, just wondered if you can help, were trying to find out the first step that we need to take.

As I understand the first step is the skills assesment however ive seen conflicting info on the cost. It is saying we need to pay $3500 yet other skills assesments seem to be approx $200. Did you have an assesment and if so does $3500 sound normal to you?

Thanks in advance :chatterbox:

No, for the whole visa process maybe, but not just for skills assessment. If you need to have his skills assessed then get him to start now, getting all the paperwork together takes some time. I used an agent so my skills assessment was VERY through, a lot more than i would have submitted on my own. Gat him to collate evidence of every course he has done towards his job, dates, place, address of course provider. And a good cv is a start. Then he will need to list every job he would do day to day and the tools he would used.

Archived