I am hoping someone can advise me ?

Guest northerngrockle

Guest northerngrockle

I lived in Adelaide and Melbourne as a young child from 1968 till 1974 as my parents qualified for the £10 emigration ticket at the time, but they cannot remember the details of their residency, if that made them and therefore myself a resident ? They cannot remember applying for anything like a visa when they lived and worked there! but they did sponsor my grandparents to come out and live with them in Australia.

I am 45 now so I am too old to apply the work route now, I have an uncle who may sponsor me, but when I was searching for info I read that if you had lived in Australia for 4 years you could apply for residency,? would my stay so long ago count now for me or my parents as they too would like to return?

What kind of money would we need to have in order to be considered for any of these options?

Guest guest33730

Hey Northerngrockle,

Welcome to PIO. I can't help with question I'm afraid but hopefully someone will be along shortly with an answer for you. It may also be worth having a chat to a registered migration agent, there are many who come on the site and should be able to help.

All the best

Daniel

I lived in Adelaide and Melbourne as a young child from 1968 till 1974 as my parents qualified for the £10 emigration ticket at the time, but they cannot remember the details of their residency, if that made them and therefore myself a resident ? They cannot remember applying for anything like a visa when they lived and worked there! but they did sponsor my grandparents to come out and live with them in Australia.

I am 45 now so I am too old to apply the work route now, I have an uncle who may sponsor me, but when I was searching for info I read that if you had lived in Australia for 4 years you could apply for residency,? would my stay so long ago count now for me or my parents as they too would like to return?

What kind of money would we need to have in order to be considered for any of these options?

Hi..in response to your post.. i was in a similar position when wanting to return to Australia, after also being a £10 pom from 1966 to 1977..i applied for a former resident visa Former Resident Visa (Subclass 151) and on the criteria was granted a PR visa with my husband and children..the living in Aus for 4 years is for citizenship and you cannot qualify after such a long time out of the country..there was no visa in the £10 pom time, as far as i am aware..my parents supplied me with an entry document which they thankfully still had..this was part of my proof with my application..the criteria is quite specific..it might be worth a browse..good luck..

Archived