I've just realized I have made a mistake on our application for our 176

the coyne family

Please can anyone help I don't know what to do. I just realized I might have made a silly mistake on our application for our 176. With all the talk of form 80 I wrongly assumed I had already filled it in as part of our application as I remembered filling in details of my OH siblings.

It was only when I pulled out the form today to have a look I realized I may have totally misread a heading.

It says NON MIGRATING DEPENDENTS

OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS.

I added all my OH'S family members ie: brothers sisters mum and dad only thing is none of them are dependent on us OMG I FEEL SOOOO STUPID

How the hell did I miss the word DEPENDENT.

I have sent them an e mail to explain dont know what else to do should I ring them later?

Has anyone else had a smiler experience.

Feeling a bit sick now.

Guest VickyMel

Big :hug:

You poor thing - take a deep breath and another :hug:

The best thing I found out when getting a CO was that (well certainly ours) he came across as a really decent kind of chap and I am sure that all of them are used to people making mistakes and that it will be obvious to them when you tell them this.

I'm sure it will be fine...

I would suggest you wait to hear to see if they email you back for a day or so.

They might not have processed your email details yet if you ring tonight?

:hug: You have done so well though this whole process you will get there :biggrin:

VickyMel

All I can say is don't feel lonely. I made a mistake too on my SS aplication form and has yet to hear if that is going to have a negative influence to my application. Mine was more of a no aswer instead of a yes simply because I got crucial info too late...(long story though).

I asked if they could correct our application as we don't have a case officer yet. I told them I only realized today and of course apologized. I'm praying that all will be ok and easy enough to correct, if not i'll just have to apply again god the thoughts of it, thanks for the replays guy's I really appreciate it.

Maria.xxx

There's a form you can submit to correct answers: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1023.pdf

Also, the COs are human - if you have missed a question they'll just ask you to supply the info rather than anything worse.

Thank's Peach that's great.

I'm going to make myself a very strong cup of coffee and have a good look at it.

Thank's a million.

Maria.xxx

Oh Maria

dont worry, they wont make you submit again!!! you have emailed, and if you fill in that change of details form they can only say 'you silly sausage':goofy:

even when you read, and then re read forms you might not see what it actually says, i know, i have done it before!!!

it will all be ok, and soon your visa will be granted and all this will be distant nightmare

Jill x :hug:

Hi just to let you all know i got an e mail back today from the ple i sent and as Peach said they asked me to fill in form 1023 to rectify my mistake.

Thanks so much for all the help and advice as always POI members are a wonderful bunch I dont know how I would do it without you all. Thank's:hug:.

Maria.xxx

Hi Maria, just looked at your post and thought 'well ive done that also'. I think it is quite misleading, unless i'm missing something !!!!

It asks for ALL your family not accompanying you to Australia as well as DECEASED family members................

SO

How can my Parents be dependent on me if they are deceased ????

OR

Does it mean that they were dependent on you ?

Should I just delete them now, lucky I read this because I was going to submit tonight !!!

Hi Maria, just looked at your post and thought 'well ive done that also'. I think it is quite misleading, unless i'm missing something !!!!

It asks for ALL your family not accompanying you to Australia as well as DECEASED family members................

SO

How can my Parents be dependent on me if they are deceased ????

OR

Does it mean that they were dependent on you ?

Should I just delete them now, lucky I read this because I was going to submit tonight !!!

Hi,

I couldn't remember the exact wording of the question as you only get your answers on the print out at the end after you submit. Yea its oddly worded that's why all along I was thinking everything was ok, it was only when peeps on here were talking about form 80. I wondered why do they need all that info again I thought I had already filled it in which I had:embarrassed: it was only when I looked at the print out I realized.

It is only dependent family members I rang them as well as my nerves were gone worrying about it and was told to fill in the form and they will change it.

Yea it is very misleading, Its stressfull enough as it is :arghh:

Best of luck with it.

Maria.x

Guest travelsparks

You think you have done a clanger Maria I have done a better one, told them the wrong area for the state sponsorship office!!

I think it is the pressure getting to all of us!!

It is designed to send you mad so when you have your medicals they just say another mad one wanting to go to Oz!!

Hi,

I couldn't remember the exact wording of the question as you only get your answers on the print out at the end after you submit. Yea its oddly worded that's why all along I was thinking everything was ok, it was only when peeps on here were talking about form 80. I wondered why do they need all that info again I thought I had already filled it in which I had:embarrassed: it was only when I looked at the print out I realized.

It is only dependent family members I rang them as well as my nerves were gone worrying about it and was told to fill in the form and they will change it.

Yea it is very misleading, Its stressfull enough as it is :arghh:

Best of luck with it.

Maria.x

Hi Maria again, I really dont mean to question you but did you explain when you rang what you had done, and were they specific and told you it was a mistake?

Only thing is I have read and re-read the application and also looked at my printout. The online form does state ALL family members, it also has a Migrating dependent section and a NON migrating dependent section and a family members section, it doesn't say anything about the family members being dependent or not !! When you look at the printout if you haven't put any info into the Non migrating dependent section, because it is above the family member section, the printout looks like it states non-migrating dependents other family members as in one title, does that make sense ?? Anybody else fill in this bit ???

regards

Gary

Hi

Oh this is making me stress out! I read and re read then added my mum, dad, and brothers as family members not migrating (not dependents). When I submitted it they did come up and I nearly freaked out thinking I had applied for us all, (can't imagine what my sister in laws would say!) but on my online visa application check page, it is just me and hubbie so think is okay?

Gill x

Hi Maria again, I really dont mean to question you but did you explain when you rang what you had done, and were they specific and told you it was a mistake?

Only thing is I have read and re-read the application and also looked at my printout. The online form does state ALL family members, it also has a Migrating dependent section and a NON migrating dependent section and a family members section, it doesn't say anything about the family members being dependent or not !! When you look at the printout if you haven't put any info into the Non migrating dependent section, because it is above the family member section, the printout looks like it states non-migrating dependents other family members as in one title, does that make sense ?? Anybody else fill in this bit ???

regards

Gary

Hi Gary,

I told the girl what I had done she said to correct mistakes fill in form 1023.

Now that I think of it she didn't say if I had filled it in wrong I think I told her I did.

In the e mail I sent I did explain fully and this is the reply I got.

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

In order to inform the department of incorrect information provided during your application process you will need to complete Form 1023 Notification of incorrect answer(s) and submit it to this office. This form is available from the department's website at <http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1023.pdf>

Alternatively, you can obtain the form from your nearest Australian Embassy or immigration office. Contact details for the department's offices are available at <http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/index.htm>

We prefer that these forms or any additional documents are scanned and emailed to us at:

gsm.documents@immi.gov.au

Your case officer will contact you during the processing of your application if any further information is required.

Do you know Gary I think you might be right, trouble is its so long since i filled in the application I couldnt remember if their were 2 diffrent sections 1. non migration dependents 2. other family members. what your sating makes scene.

OH my head hurts again :arghh: wont be long before i need a bloody stright jacket.... I'M going to ring them again tonight, jesus they will think this one is a bloody idiot :biglaugh:. Thanks a mill.

Maria.x

Hi Gary,

I told the girl what I had done she said to correct mistakes fill in form 1023.

Now that I think of it she didn't say if I had filled it in wrong I think I told her I did.

In the e mail I sent I did explain fully and this is the reply I got.

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

In order to inform the department of incorrect information provided during your application process you will need to complete Form 1023 Notification of incorrect answer(s) and submit it to this office. This form is available from the department's website at <http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1023.pdf>

Alternatively, you can obtain the form from your nearest Australian Embassy or immigration office. Contact details for the department's offices are available at <http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/index.htm>

We prefer that these forms or any additional documents are scanned and emailed to us at:

gsm.documents@immi.gov.au

Your case officer will contact you during the processing of your application if any further information is required.

Do you know Gary I think you might be right, trouble is its so long since i filled in the application I couldnt remember if their were 2 diffrent sections 1. non migration dependents 2. other family members. what your sating makes scene.

OH my head hurts again :arghh: wont be long before i need a bloody stright jacket.... I'M going to ring them again tonight, jesus they will think this one is a bloody idiot :biglaugh:. Thanks a mill.

Maria.x

Hi Maria, I wouldn't worry that much, I read in another post that people do make mistakes and as long as they aren't major ones like not doing your skills assessment, not declaring a conviction etc..... then we are only human and genuine mistakes can happen. I believe that a lot of the emails that DIAC send you are generic and dont specifically look at your query !!!! I think that at the end of your application you should be given an opportunity to add notes to explain that you've not included this or included that and why, if you know what I mean.

I'm struggling a bit at the moment with the 'have you previously been to australia, held or currently hold a visa for travel to australia' question.

We did go to Oz in 2009 for a recce and had a e-visitor visa electronically attached to our passports. If you select 'yes' to the above question you can fill in most details apart from where it was issued. I have found the evisitor grant email that was processed in Tasmania, guess what, this isn't an option on the drop down menu !!!!!! Anyone else know what they did here ????????

Hi The coyne Family,

I don't think you have answered incorrectly, I did the same thing and after reading your post it got me worried. I went on line as if to do another application just to check. There are three setions one after the other

-Migrating Dependants

-Non Migrating Dependant

-Other Family Members

At the top of the page-this is what it says

Provide Details of ALL your family members where appropriate. You are required to provide details of the following family members.

-Your Parents

-All your brothers & sisters(including half brothers or sisters)

-All your children (including children from a previour marraige/relationship)

-All your other dependents (including any dependent children of a dependant)

Our print out shows the same as yours but that was because we never had any NON migrating dependants to fill in. So it looks like

NON migrating dependents-then directly underneath

Other Family Members

Hope this helps ,I don't want you to waste time sending in a form to change something which appears to be correct in the first place.

Regards

Veronica

Hi well I got back on to DIAC last night and explained the situation again and was told to send another PLE turns out I was right in the first place the information was in the right place it was just when it was printed out it looked as if it was under the heading non migration family members.

I received a reply within an hour and was told they would attach all my e mails to my application so when allocated my co can sort it out.

Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction I think I just panicked and was thinking all sorts.

I think they should have staff looking at your application straight away who can inform you if anything needs to be corrected so your application can move forward. Its far too long having to wait 10 months + and I know as far as some people are concerned 10 months isn't a long time.

Good luck everyone, thanks again.

Maria.x

• Like 1

Hi well I got back on to DIAC last night and explained the situation again and was told to send another PLE turns out I was right in the first place the information was in the right place it was just when it was printed out it looked as if it was under the heading non migration family members.

I received a reply within an hour and was told they would attach all my e mails to my application so when allocated my co can sort it out.

Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction I think I just panicked and was thinking all sorts.

I think they should have staff looking at your application straight away who can inform you if anything needs to be corrected so your application can move forward. Its far too long having to wait 10 months + and I know as far as some people are concerned 10 months isn't a long time.

Good luck everyone, thanks again.

Maria.x

Hi Maria, thats good that it could be cleared up. Have you been to Oz before ? Did you see my question above? If you have been to Oz do you remember what you put on the application form about 'previously been to Australia' question?...............Thanks

Hi Maria, thats good that it could be cleared up. Have you been to Oz before ? Did you see my question above? If you have been to Oz do you remember what you put on the application form about 'previously been to Australia' question?...............Thanks

Hi no sorry I've never been so i'm not sure. Hopefully someone will come along who can answer you soon.

Best of luck.

Guest travelsparks

well done Maira 10months is an age, yes I have been to Oz if anyone wants help!! If I can help, only if it means that I get to Oz quicker!!! LOL

• 10 months later...
Guest ezytray

hello everyone i am a newbie here, if i post a thread in a wrong area please excuse me. I think i am in the same situation as the others. I found a mistake recetly on my WA ss 176. The mistake was the application lodgement too early with the help with my agent in Oz. I have been stress and counld go to sleep for about a month regarding to this matter after an excitment with contact from a CO. I lodged mine 175 orginially in 2008 Nov , changed to 176 WAss in 2009. I had a case officer allocated in Oct 2011. Recently, i checking all my reference letters. One letter got a problem as they say parttime and "30 hours fornightly" on my occupation. I emaill my agent straight away and they reply the experience can't not be counted toward the 12 months experience. I re-counted it again and i am short for 4 weeks work experience in Oz. The agent, which is a registered agency in OZ, they shifted the blame on me and say it was my fault. All they suggest was ask me to talk to my ex-employer to provide incorrect reference letter. And of coz it didn't work ! To be honest, i am a very bad at doing paper work that why i need to hire an agent to assit me. I don't expect any room for error when i paid them. Or otherwise i would have do it by myself. The fact is even after the lodgement of application, i still working in Oz on my occupation for another 3 weeks than went oversea. Because i was uder the impression everything is done properly. My agent told me i do not need to be in the particular occupation for 175. If my agent told me i was short couple weeks, i can definely work more to complete the 12 months experience with no trouble. I saw a lawyer not long ago he advice me to wait the CO and ask the agent to write a letter to explain how the application happen. Anyone had a similar problem, will be appreciate to hear any advice.

• 6 months later...
Guest thangvan

I hate Form 80 so much as I made 2 mistakes (one is that I remembered the wrong travel dates, the other is that I forgot to put in two of my overseas business trips). As I have been traveling to too many countries in the past ten years, that Form 80 makes me sick. I submitted Form 1023 once, and I think I need to submit another one. Hope that my CO will not be so frustrated with me submitting too many corrections.

Hi The coyne Family,

I don't think you have answered incorrectly, I did the same thing and after reading your post it got me worried. I went on line as if to do another application just to check. There are three setions one after the other

-Migrating Dependants

-Non Migrating Dependant

-Other Family Members

At the top of the page-this is what it says

Provide Details of ALL your family members where appropriate. You are required to provide details of the following family members.

-Your Parents

-All your brothers & sisters(including half brothers or sisters)

-All your children (including children from a previour marraige/relationship)

-All your other dependents (including any dependent children of a dependant)

Our print out shows the same as yours but that was because we never had any NON migrating dependants to fill in. So it looks like

NON migrating dependents-then directly underneath

Other Family Members

Hope this helps ,I don't want you to waste time sending in a form to change something which appears to be correct in the first place.

Regards

Veronica

Hi

Is this in respect of the main applicant only (in my case my OH) or do we need to put all of my family on the form too?

My brain has gone to mush now!

• 5 years later...