REcommendations for Local Removal Co in Brisbane

Guest GeorgeD

Guest GeorgeD

Can anyone recommend a CHEAP (note the capitals for emphasis!) removal company for a small house move in Brisbane?

We are moving from a 2 bedroom, 5th floor apartment in the city out 20km to a low set house in the suburbs. We only really need all the big heavy furniture and fragile stuff taken. We thought about doing it ourselves, but frankly we'd rather we had professionals with insurance doing it.

Has anyone used any local companies they could recommend for a cheap and quick move (this weekend!)

Guest guest30038

I have moved 4 times and always used a container service. They drop the container in your drive...............you fill it up (straps and plenty of blankets provided)..............call them back, and they take it to your new place. You unload it, and then they collect the container later. If you can complete in a weekend, it only costs about 140 bucks (may be a bit dearer now). They're in the yellow pages. I always had the furniture ready in the garage when they came and likewise offloaded into the garage at the new location, when I called 'em back. That way you complete quicker and it's therefore cheaper

good luck

kev

Guest GeorgeD

I don't think that's what we had in mind...it's getting all the big heavy stuff down from the 5th floor that will be the problem. Also, we were affected by the floods in West End, so there are 12 big Council Refuse Bins in our loading bay and the street is jam packed with cars as the 100+ cars in the building have no car park to park in just yet.

Oh yes, and we are 100 metres from the food Markets at West End, which are on every Saturday!

It sounds like a good option for next time when we will hopefully be moving from a house to another house rather than a city apartment.