You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

pete'n'tray

anyone had medicals at spire hartswood hospital essex?

just like to know has anyone had there medicals done at spire hartswood hospital in essex because have been looking on here but cant see anyone that has been there every one has been to manchester which seems to reasonable ,if anyone has been could they let us know how was it there and how much did it all cost

thanks

tracey

:rolleyes:

Guest d3l80y

Hi, we had ours done at the Hartswood in Brentwood back in October. All was fine and very straight forward, urine test, HIV blood test, chest xray's and general check up for the adults and children just have the general check up.

You just have to make sure you have the forms completed and they will complete them and send to australia when all your results are back.

Cost approx £760 for a family of 4, this includes the cost of xray's for the adults and courier service for papers to australia.

We was granted our visa's 4 weeks after having our medicals done.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Andy, Louise & Boys

Andy,louise & boys,

thank you thats really helpful and price seems reasonable thought it would cost more ,we are justin waitin for them to say have them done .we are a family of 4 to .

thank you

all the best

pete ,tracey & boys

Hiya, we haven't had our meds done yet, but I did contact them a couple of weeks ago to find out the cost. We are also family of 4 and they quoted us £870, which included the courier costs of meds to Australia. Hope this helps, I thought it was going to be more so quite pleased with cost.

Karen

Thank you i did roughly set aside £8 -900 for the medicals, is this right you have to fill out and take with you forms 26 (medical examination) for all of us & form 160 (chest x-rays) for anyone over the age 12 ? also do you know if its a long wait when you go to book your medicals and do you book the them together or if not which one has to be first ?

anyone thank you

pete,tracey & boys

Guest d3l80y

Yes that's right everyone has to have completed form 26. my children was only 4 and 2 so they didn't have to have a chest x-ray.so just me and Andy had to do form 160 ( i can't remember what the age was for x-rays but that should be on the form) so if all of you have to have and x-ray that would probably make a difference in the cost!

we didn't have to wait long when we had our's done when i called i could have had an appt the following week.

We had an appt as a family so you can all go together everything is done there and then. You do your urine test the nurse takes some blood you then see the doctor for a general check up and to go through the paper work and then you have the xray's done, so everything gets done in one visit, in the same building.

I found them really really helpful, i called them a few times with query's and they always got back to me and helped.

Anything else you want to know just ask.

Louise

Yes that's right everyone has to have completed form 26. my children was only 4 and 2 so they didn't have to have a chest x-ray.so just me and Andy had to do form 160 ( i can't remember what the age was for x-rays but that should be on the form) so if all of you have to have and x-ray that would probably make a difference in the cost!

we didn't have to wait long when we had our's done when i called i could have had an appt the following week.

We had an appt as a family so you can all go together everything is done there and then. You do your urine test the nurse takes some blood you then see the doctor for a general check up and to go through the paper work and then you have the xray's done, so everything gets done in one visit, in the same building.

I found them really really helpful, i called them a few times with query's and they always got back to me and helped.

Anything else you want to know just ask.

Louise

Thank you , our sons are age 6 and 12 so the 12 year old will probaly hav to have an x ray which will probaly be more money but if need to then have to, thanks again for the infomation now just waiting !!

Pete,Tracey & Boys

Guest KatyNick

I think the age for x-rays is 11 and above.

When we lodged ... back in September 2009 .... our eldest was only 10, so when I checked the progress of our application is only requests x-rays for me and my OH, but I've completed the form for Lewis and I'm going to get them to x-ray him too. Don't want to hear back from the CO in a few weeks time saying that he should have had an x-ray.

ps ... we are off to Manchester on Monday morning - aaagghhhh

Guest travelsparks

We are gping there next month the cost for adults is £295.00 and child is £95.00 hope that helps

REgards

Nikki