WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

Hi Justin, Think you will be way ahead of me as I am not sure how long it will take to go from outstanding :confused:to received :rolleyes:to finalised :smile: :unsure: pretty nerve wrecking and exciting!!!

:laugh: like that about the mile away, I am sure it won't be long, maybe they will hand deliver them :wink: Good Luck, ours came back around the 2 week mark for the :policeman: PHEW!!!

Got the PCC receipts in my email this afternoon so not long to get the certs maybe ?

We really could do with a September 2012 validation date but not going to happen now the meds are already done :mad:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest garynhelen

Hi, I'm new to this thread as my OH occupation is on the SMP for WA so I'm just in the process of applying.

I'm on the page where it asks which regions we prefer and why, etc. Do we have to fill in all three choices? Or will it be accepted if I only put one choice down? I.e Perth?

Thanks in advance for any help with this

Hi, I'm new to this thread as my OH occupation is on the SMP for WA so I'm just in the process of applying.

I'm on the page where it asks which regions we prefer and why, etc. Do we have to fill in all three choices? Or will it be accepted if I only put one choice down? I.e Perth?

Thanks in advance for any help with this

Yes 3, I put Perth and the 2 closest explaining plenty of job opportunities, amenity and school availability as reasons:wink:

Yes we did 3 with Perth as number 1. Go on to Seek.com.au, you can then search your OH's job and go with top 3 regions in WA for job availability, that's what we did. Otherwise it won't look like you done much research if you go for an area with little or no jobs in your occupation.

Hope this helps,

Lucy.

Got the PCC receipts in my email this afternoon so not long to get the certs maybe ?

We really could do with a September 2012 validation date but not going to happen now the meds are already done :mad:

That's great news Justin :)

We are waiting until the summer hols here as the children will have finished up school by then, and then hoping to head out late July early August time. We booked meds in June for August so really couldn't hold off any longer, so really hoping it will be a move and not just a holiday to validate them :yes:

That's great news Justin :)

We are waiting until the summer hols here as the children will have finished up school by then, and then hoping to head out late July early August time. We booked meds in June for August so really couldn't hold off any longer, so really hoping it will be a move and not just a holiday to validate them :yes:

Whoa, we are on the same plan completely almost !

We have wedding cake orders into August though so not sure how we are going to handle those :wacko:, hope we can find a buyer for the business ?!

We also wanted to go back to Florida - Disney/Universal for a couple of weeks before the move too so not sure how to fit that in too.

We really don't want to fork out for a validation trip (we can't afford it anyway unless the house is sold !:err:)

It's all SO stressful it makes the visa bit seem easy !

Arrrrgh !

Whoa, we are on the same plan completely almost !

We have wedding cake orders into August though so not sure how we are going to handle those :wacko:, hope we can find a buyer for the business ?!

We also wanted to go back to Florida - Disney/Universal for a couple of weeks before the move too so not sure how to fit that in too.

We really don't want to fork out for a validation trip (we can't afford it anyway unless the house is sold !:err:)

It's all SO stressful it makes the visa bit seem easy !

Arrrrgh !

WOW even more so that you think (apart from the business thing :laugh:) We would love to go to Florida again before settling there but again all down to money, still in the process of doing up the house - which is never ending :arghh: so all down to time-frame as hubby may have a job to go to with a bit of luck, :wink: I love Florida and when I hear things like Perth is very much like it, it makes me happy :) and hear they are building a theme park on the outskirts :biggrin: but have to get there first :laugh:

Like the Disney picture you have, brings back so many lovely memories :)

WOW even more so that you think (apart from the business thing :laugh:) We would love to go to Florida again before settling there but again all down to money, still in the process of doing up the house - which is never ending :arghh: so all down to time-frame as hubby may have a job to go to with a bit of luck, :wink: I love Florida and when I hear things like Perth is very much like it, it makes me happy :) and hear they are building a theme park on the outskirts :biggrin: but have to get there first :laugh:

Like the Disney picture you have, brings back so many lovely memories :)

Yep, we need to do so much redecorating plus gates, fences and what seems like a million other things to make sure we get the best price for the house.

It'd be good to have a job to go too, hope that works out for you.

I don't think the Perth theme park is anywhere near definite yet :mad: but fingers crossed !

Disney was fab but having only a week there was really hard work especially with 3 over excited kids. Maybe do 2-3 weeks this time to do EVERYTHING !

The rate we're going we'll be on the same trip to Florida then the same flights to Oz:biglaugh:.............except you probably won't go from Heathrow ! :no:

Yep, we need to do so much redecorating plus gates, fences and what seems like a million other things to make sure we get the best price for the house.

It'd be good to have a job to go too, hope that works out for you.

I don't think the Perth theme park is anywhere near definite yet :mad: but fingers crossed !

Disney was fab but having only a week there was really hard work especially with 3 over excited kids. Maybe do 2-3 weeks this time to do EVERYTHING !

The rate we're going we'll be on the same trip to Florida then the same flights to Oz:biglaugh:.............except you probably won't go from Heathrow ! :no:

Glad someone's list is as long as ours for the house, probably do all this and the person who buys it will probably rip it all out :twitcy: Hoping to get the house on the market late sept. early oct. :idea:

Theme park would be brill, don't mind if it takes ages just as long as there is something there would be nice :) We did 3 weeks there the last time, it was brill could have easily stayed there longer :laugh:

:biglaugh: I know I think there will be somebody from PIO on one of the flights, we usually go from Manchester and also Gatwick, as so expensive from the Scottish airports :yes: but think for OZ it will defo be Glasgow, with a bit of luck!!

Good luck with all the cake making, I would love to be a taste tester :idea: :laugh: sounds like a yummy but hard job to do :yes:

Glad someone's list is as long as ours for the house, probably do all this and the person who buys it will probably rip it all out :twitcy: Hoping to get the house on the market late sept. early oct. :idea:

Theme park would be brill, don't mind if it takes ages just as long as there is something there would be nice :) We did 3 weeks there the last time, it was brill could have easily stayed there longer :laugh:

:biglaugh: I know I think there will be somebody from PIO on one of the flights, we usually go from Manchester and also Gatwick, as so expensive from the Scottish airports :yes: but think for OZ it will defo be Glasgow, with a bit of luck!!

Good luck with all the cake making, I would love to be a taste tester :idea: :laugh: sounds like a yummy but hard job to do :yes:

Ditto with the marketing of the house ! :laugh:

We might do Florida around the last half term next June as it isn't going to screw the kids education too much by then (and it will be cheaper !).

Gatwick/Heathrow for Florida then Heathrow for the final flight.

Thinking about a couple of nights on Sentosa Island in Singapore on the way too if the money will stretch - I can get a cheap interview suit made !

I'm the chief cake tester, it's a hard life ! Maybe we will set up in Perth and you can be our first customer ??:wink:

We might do Florida around the last half term next June as it isn't going to screw the kids education too much by then (and it will be cheaper !).

Thinking about a couple of nights on Sentosa Island in Singapore on the way too if the money will stretch - I can get a cheap interview suit made !

I'm the chief cake tester, it's a hard life ! Maybe we will set up in Perth and you can be our first customer ??:wink:

Well Justin, we too as you know are heading to Perth and are not married..yet!!:biglaugh: So can't see us having time or money before we leave so we will probably need a cake some day soon:wink: Do you do wedding cakes? :idea:

Agree with you with it being cheaper, we tend to go first couple of weeks in July as our lot finish up school by then :)) sound like a good plan you have up your sleeve :wink:

Not that I like to force people into doing things, but yes please set up a business and I am sure I will be one of your many customers - if we every get there!!!

Well Justin, we too as you know are heading to Perth and are not married..yet!!:biglaugh: So can't see us having time or money before we leave so we will probably need a cake some day soon:wink: Do you do wedding cakes? :idea:

We do wedding cakes, I'll PM you the link to our website and Facebook site if you are on it so you can see what we do now. Damn typically there is someone in Perth that already has the name we have here !:mad:

Agree with you with it being cheaper, we tend to go first couple of weeks in July as our lot finish up school by then :)) sound like a good plan you have up your sleeve :wink:

Not that I like to force people into doing things, but yes please set up a business and I am sure I will be one of your many customers - if we every get there!!!

I do have the odd good idea ! No forcing needed I reckon...........:wink:

Hya all, have a query I am hoping you all might help me with, as I mentioned previously my meds are still listed as outstanding and stupidly I forgot to take a letter from the GP with me :sad: I just assumed (again stupidly) that the clinic would get all the info they needed from the surgery but, it has taken some time and it was myself who had to do all this!! so anyway found out that my surgery as sent an invoice to the clinic which I am expected to pay, now the surgery did not tell me this and just had the mail this afternoon and I have received a letter from the surgery basically just asking me to sign the mandate to allow them to release information about me, seriously will this process get any easier for me :yes:/:no: who knows?? so before I got this letter through the post have already asked the clinic to just send the meds off as it has been so long now I just want it sent, and tbh if I have to deal with any outcome that arises I will just have to deal with it!!! :chatterbox:

Could anyone please give me some advice please, or tell me if they have gone through a similar process as I just feel so :confused: and anxious now about the whole thing :sad:

Hi Chris,, I expected it to be stressful tbh, I am just annoyed with the lack of communication from my GP surgery, I mean the clinic asked for info at the end of August as the surgery would not just send a letter they needed a mandate is all they told me, and now they are trying to invoice me via the clinic :mad: they could have communicated with me a little more easily I assumed, I can appreciate they were doing me a favour but they could also have told me it would cost me to do so but :no: and now even more time has been wasted and this is why I am anxious, I kept blaming myself when it's not entirely my fault!!

So I am now not sure how long it will take for my meds to show being received, the wait continues, :rolleyes:

I appreciate any comments regarding this, as can't remember if I have read a similar situation somewhere on PIO

Hiya HelenaOz2B

My husband needed a letter of confirmation from the GP, but the one he took with him was not detailed enough... so when we went for our meds, the doc there asked us to sign a form which stated what information was needed and the meds doc signed it... we hand delivered it to our GP and within a week our GP had written another letter and faxed it straight to the meds clinic... cost us £25 and pretty straight forward.

Keep on at your GP surgery. My experience in all this is to keep on at everyone!!! LOL

Our meds were passed and 4 weeks later we got our visa.... but the stress is really starting now.... because not only is it the sorting, packing, cleaning, selling stuff etc... its started getting emotional as well.

I thought I was organised.... but I keep finding out stuff which adds to the list... upon list... I loose a list, so make another, then I find the first list and get all confused!!!!!!

We have found Pickfords really helpful, as they have helped with an Oz bank account, currency exchange and transferring pensions.... and today I realised my email address would not pick up in Oz when I close my account here!!!!! :arghh:

I have had many a night at the kitchen table with my head in my hands!!!!... but my husband keeps singing 'beach, sun, chilling, adventures to be had... he's made up a little song!!!!! :wacko:... bless!!!! LOL

We move house in 2 weeks...... will stay with relies then go at half term (end of Oct)

Derby --> Perth

Every day, is a day closer!

Michelle

Hi Chris,, I expected it to be stressful tbh, I am just annoyed with the lack of communication from my GP surgery, I mean the clinic asked for info at the end of August as the surgery would not just send a letter they needed a mandate is all they told me, and now they are trying to invoice me via the clinic :mad: they could have communicated with me a little more easily I assumed, I can appreciate they were doing me a favour but they could also have told me it would cost me to do so but :no: and now even more time has been wasted and this is why I am anxious, I kept blaming myself when it's not entirely my fault!!

So I am now not sure how long it will take for my meds to show being received, the wait continues, :rolleyes:

I appreciate any comments regarding this, as can't remember if I have read a similar situation somewhere on PIO

Hiya HelenaOz2B

My husband needed a letter of confirmation from the GP, but the one he took with him was not detailed enough... so when we went for our meds, the doc there asked us to sign a form which stated what information was needed and the meds doc signed it... we hand delivered it to our GP and within a week our GP had written another letter and faxed it straight to the meds clinic... cost us £25 and pretty straight forward.

Keep on at your GP surgery. My experience in all this is to keep on at everyone!!! LOL

Our meds were passed and 4 weeks later we got our visa.... but the stress is really starting now.... because not only is it the sorting, packing, cleaning, selling stuff etc... its started getting emotional as well.

I thought I was organised.... but I keep finding out stuff which adds to the list... upon list... I loose a list, so make another, then I find the first list and get all confused!!!!!!

We have found Pickfords really helpful, as they have helped with an Oz bank account, currency exchange and transferring pensions.... and today I realised my email address would not pick up in Oz when I close my account here!!!!! :arghh:

I have had many a night at the kitchen table with my head in my hands!!!!... but my husband keeps singing 'beach, sun, chilling, adventures to be had... he's made up a little song!!!!! :wacko:... bless!!!! LOL

We move house in 2 weeks...... will stay with relies then go at half term (end of Oct)

Derby --> Perth

Every day, is a day closer!

Michelle

WOW Michelle, it just gets easier is what your saying :wink: So do you think that I will defo need a letter?? told the clinic today just to send meds to immi, I suppose I can see what happens and in the meantime get the letter done incase it is needed, :err: really not sure now!! just feel I have waited so long and because it has taken ages I am just wanting them to have the meds and if they need extra evidence then I am sure they will get in touch. Hope I have decided the right thing :unsure:

I know everyone thinks that the stressful part is applying but once you get it then the real stress begins :wink: you sound super organised and I appreciate that you have had many a moment getting there, but you should be proud of yourself for getting this far, and can't believe you are going to be heading out in October :swoon: I really hope the house move and the stay with the relies goes well :hug:

Thanks so much for the info and I will let you know how I get on, I think this med is making me more ill :laugh: had perfect BP on the day, who knows what it is like now :laugh:

Keep the lists going is the way to go :yes:

hahaha... you sound so upbeat ..... my enthusiasm is weaning daily... I'm really worn out by it all!.... god knows what I'm going to do with my time when all this is over.... I've lived and breathed this visa process for nearly 3 years... its been a massive rollercoaster.... it didn't help being taken off the SOL list for nearly a year and just having to sit and wait for us to be put back on!

I would defo get the letter from the GP and forward it on asap. Any gaps in the application will only hold things up.... in the grand scheme of things, just pay the few quid and get it posted. They seem to be so picking over the slightest thing... its better to send over too much information than not enough!... I've been on this website for 3 years nearly, so have picked up loads of information... perhaps I ought to work in immigration when I get over there!!!!!:biggrin: hahaha

I've just sat and done the inventory for Pickfords.... not sure if its right... i'll ring them 2moro, so thats another thing on my list!!! I've had 4 quotes... (3 bed semi) and they came in around £3800 - £4200... we managed to get Pickfords down to £4050 and decided to use them as they were so helpful.

Where are you heading, and when are you thinking of moving over? My sister lives south of Perth, we have been 3 times now and love it... so are confident we are making the right move. I've got a 13 yr old daughter and a 10 year old son. My daughter is finding it hard... as she naturally doesnt want to leave her friends, and also my mother in law is a wreck... even thou we only see her about once a month!!!!???

I just want to go now.... my house is looking grim, as we have sold some furniture, including the wardrobes... so it looks a mess everywhere!!! and I cant find anything!!!!

I work full time as a teacher and OFSTED are due in this month, so we are just waiting for more stress... hopefully they wont come til after half term when I've gone !!!!! opps.. did I say that out loud!

Anyway... its good to talk... keep in touch... and get on to your GP for that letter!

Michelle

WOW Michelle, it just gets easier is what your saying :wink: So do you think that I will defo need a letter?? told the clinic today just to send meds to immi, I suppose I can see what happens and in the meantime get the letter done incase it is needed, :err: really not sure now!! just feel I have waited so long and because it has taken ages I am just wanting them to have the meds and if they need extra evidence then I am sure they will get in touch. Hope I have decided the right thing :unsure:

I know everyone thinks that the stressful part is applying but once you get it then the real stress begins :wink: you sound super organised and I appreciate that you have had many a moment getting there, but you should be proud of yourself for getting this far, and can't believe you are going to be heading out in October :swoon: I really hope the house move and the stay with the relies goes well :hug:

Thanks so much for the info and I will let you know how I get on, I think this med is making me more ill :laugh: had perfect BP on the day, who knows what it is like now :laugh:

Keep the lists going is the way to go :yes:

Hi lived just off newgate lane I have a friend near you in beautify ave also had reletives in Paxton road would be great to meet up over in Perth if I get there!

Got myself a visa!

Ah know those parts of Fareham well, deffo meet up once we are all there.

****CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!***:jiggy:

Archived