WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

Hi all,

I wondered if anybody can clear this up for me? Am I reading this thread and Category 2 thread properly? Are COs being allocated as quick as a month after state sponsorship approval?

Not sure if I'm not reading it right or if it's just certain visas going through this quick?????

Many thanks x

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all,

I wondered if anybody can clear this up for me? Am I reading this thread and Category 2 thread properly? Are COs being allocated as quick as a month after state sponsorship approval?

Not sure if I'm not reading it right or if it's just certain visas going through this quick?????

Many thanks x

We got allocated a case officer one week after DIAC were notified of our SS. We now have 4 weeks to sort our meds and criminal checks. So yes, you are reading the posts right!

Not sure if anyone can help? Due to the delays we have been experiencing, I sent an email to WA last night attaching CV, passport page and TRA letter in case of problems uploading on original application. I also expressed our anxiousness in hearing outcome as soon as possible due to future points changes. We received an email back stating sorry for delay but they are waiting for the outcome of a policy change which will affect our application.

I cannot see any problems with our applicatioin at all, my OH has 8 years work experience as a floor finisher, holds a UK passport, we have funds of over AUD$ 110,000 after relocation costs including AUD$ 25,000 savings. Gone over reasons for choosing WA and although haven't written huge amounts included enough as far as we can see.

Absolutely stumped and feeling extremely downhearted about it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if anyone can help? Due to the delays we have been experiencing, I sent an email to WA last night attaching CV, passport page and TRA letter in case of problems uploading on original application. I also expressed our anxiousness in hearing outcome as soon as possible due to future points changes. We received an email back stating sorry for delay but they are waiting for the outcome of a policy change which will affect our application.

I cannot see any problems with our applicatioin at all, my OH has 8 years work experience as a floor finisher, holds a UK passport, we have funds of over AUD$ 110,000 after relocation costs including AUD$ 25,000 savings. Gone over reasons for choosing WA and although haven't written huge amounts included enough as far as we can see.

Absolutely stumped and feeling extremely downhearted about it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hey mipi ,

i can't help on the above info you gave , just didn't like seeing you there all down heartened :hug: i do hope they get back to you , keep us posted ......if i see anything along the grapevine with changes i will shout

Brides x

Guest travelsparks
I wonder what the policy change is?? We have'nt heard anything yet but agent said could be up to a 9 month wait before we get a co.

All SS are being actioned now and up to the 15th February

Hi all, just spoken to WA to find out what the problem is. Our application is currently on hold due to this policy change. When they take into account the work experience, they exclude any informal trade apprenticeship, so although OH was working and being trained on the job (so to speak) this hasn't been included within the seven years experience. (Oh bugger, should have reworded CV).

The policy change is hopefully going to be take into account these training years which should be implemented in the next few weeks.

So fingers crossed should have a positive outcome in the next month or so.

Hope this helps any future DIY applicants as I suppose if we had used an agent they would have known about this.

Cheers, Michelle

Guest WAhopeful

Congratulations to everyone with good news on SS approvals!

Fingers tightly crossed for everyone who is still waiting...

I was wondering if anyone who has recently got approved for SS WA and submitted the 176 SS visa to DIAC had a CO assigned and what were the timescales? Has anyone found a thread on this with similar focus as this one?

Engineer - WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 SS applied 18/02/2011...waiting for a CO to be assigned.

Congratulations to everyone with good news on SS approvals!

Fingers tightly crossed for everyone who is still waiting...

I was wondering if anyone who has recently got approved for SS WA and submitted the 176 SS visa to DIAC had a CO assigned and what were the timescales? Has anyone found a thread on this with similar focus as this one?

Engineer - WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 SS applied 18/02/2011...waiting for a CO to be assigned.

I read somewhere (but I don't know where) that if you got your WA SS over to/accepted by DIAC by 15 Feb you would be allocated a CO. 15 Feb appeard to be some kind of batch deadline. We got ours over to DIAC by 11 Feb and on 15 Feb got our CO. We now have 28 days to get and submit (or if not possible book/make arrangements for) our police and medical checks. Other posts have indicated that people are getting their visas then within about 3 months. I'm going to keep updating this thread with my progress. Hope this helps.

Guest WAhopeful

Appears to be moving real fast :-)

I am currently loading docs onto the online system - their e-mail indicated I need to attach forms 80 and 1221 - personal particulars for character assessments - it seems to be the same information we provided onto the online system though already. Did you complete them and attach with your 176 original submission?

Cheers

Engineer - WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 SS applied 18/02/2011...waiting for a CO to be assigned

Guest travelsparks
I read somewhere (but I don't know where) that if you got your WA SS over to/accepted by DIAC by 15 Feb you would be allocated a CO. 15 Feb appeard to be some kind of batch deadline. We got ours over to DIAC by 11 Feb and on 15 Feb got our CO. We now have 28 days to get and submit (or if not possible book/make arrangements for) our police and medical checks. Other posts have indicated that people are getting their visas then within about 3 months. I'm going to keep updating this thread with my progress. Hope this helps.

wow 4 days and got assigned a CO that is record time . I hopefully am not to long sent mine in on 30 Jan

Appears to be moving real fast :-)

I am currently loading docs onto the online system - their e-mail indicated I need to attach forms 80 and 1221 - personal particulars for character assessments - it seems to be the same information we provided onto the online system though already. Did you complete them and attach with your 176 original submission?

Cheers

Engineer - WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 SS applied 18/02/2011...waiting for a CO to be assigned

If I'm honest i don't know what was attached - we went through an agent. We just dutifully provided all the forms and bits of evidence/info that she requested and sat back and let her do the magic. She's been brilliant!

Guest travelsparks
Oops apologies, it was 10th not 11th Feb - 5 days to allocate the CO not 4! DIAC are soooo slloooooooowwwwww ; )

Oh they are slowing down!!!

Guest jaffinoz

Hi guys,really keen to get our Visa application in now we have SS from WA week past Friday.

Struggling with requirements for 176 visa ie: docs needed as its really not specific as regards online application.(both reg nurses)

Any help really appreciated.

Guest travelsparks
Hi guys,really keen to get our Visa application in now we have SS from WA week past Friday.

Struggling with requirements for 176 visa ie: docs needed as its really not specific as regards online application.(both reg nurses)

Any help really appreciated.

Fill in application and then at the end of it once you have paid your money there is a check list of items needed Passport, birth and marriage certificate ,qualifications certificates there is a list of items that they wanted attaching to your application

Guest jaffinoz

As a registered nurse does DIAC require verification of training on visa application form?

Do i need to have certified copy of Evidence of current right to practice?

IELTS? Do they require whole doc signed/certified or just test report no?

Passport pics? Certified or not??

Guest jaffinoz

Thanks very much folks, every little helps, in completeing this mammoth mission, Glad we are nearly at the last lap!!!

Cheer JAFF xx:confused:

Archived