cjmwlove

Hi all, please help me out!

I posted a thread about applying for a permanent visa but have not had any replies. My partner has NVQ qualifications in his job as a floor finisher and we are currently here on a 457 visa but want to stay for good so want to get moving with the independent visa application or anyone that doesn't require a sponsor, but was wondering if we could do this so soon with us only being here 1 month on a sponsored visa???? We have been over here before and know it is what we want to give ourselves and our children better lives. Please help me any help will do! Thanks

Sorry you have no replies, if you put the thread into the Migration forum you may get more of a response.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

Hiya

I don't know the ins and outs but i think after 12 mths on a 457 your sponser can nominate you for a PR visa.

If your in Brissy why not give Cheryl Bird a call, im sure she will explain exactly what the qualifying period is and how to go about it. Bird Australian Migration Agency: Australian Visas & Immigration consultants

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Not sure how the NVQ qualification affects things but if you qualify now for a 175 or 176 visa you can apply for that now there is no need to wait. The fact that you are on a sponsored visa at the moment will make no difference as those visas are not related to your sponsorship. Given the time being taken to process these visas you would probably find that you are finished with your sponsorship commitments by the time your visa is issued.

But as suggested why not have a quick chat to a reliable migration agent just so that you can get your head around the different options open to you.