and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Nissy1771

New SMP lodged applications 20th Dec 2010

Guest Nissy1771

Hello lovely people,

I am new to this and have had a few problems finding a good forum to post to...I think I have found the best on as there are a few at the mo!

I am a copper of 8 years and my wife Clare is a registered nurse of 14 years (deputy sister), paediatric trained and some.

On 20th Dec 2010 we lodged our application to try and get some of the good life. We have 3 children where the oldest is 12.

The migration application is based on Clare with her skills in demand.

Does anyone know how long this part of the process will take, before the medicals are required? And does anyone know how to access the site where yo can see how the progress is going, without contacting our agent each time?

I have lost of wild questions to ask, but as a virgin user....that sounds wrong! I will keep the questions down to a minimal first off!

Thanks you all!:wink:

Sorry can't give you any advice on how long it will take but have you tried going down the Police Service route. A lot of states were recruiting UK Police Officers a couple of years ago. Check each states Police Service. Here's WAs (although not recruiting at the moment, it's worth checking every so often)

Good Luck

Stepforward

VISA GRANTED 26.8.11

Moved to Avoca Beach, NSW 28.2.12:biggrin:

If your agent applied for your visa 'online', you would need your TRN number, date of birth of the main applicant, passport number of main applicant and country of passport issue of main applicant. Then you would go to this link https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa and input the info.......and voila...........hope this helps..... oh and just to quosh your dreams....there are people here applied 2008 and still waiting for their visa......but to be fair there have been more than a few changes to the visa system since then ........good luck....

I'm in the same boat I have an agent but dont want them to get fed up with me keep asking if they've heard anything!!!:biggrin: Last time I emailed her I asked if I can call them she said thats not a good idea!! But she didnt tell me about a trn number that I could check myself, do you think its ok to ask her for it??

Paul (40), Lesa (41), Jason (12) and Jamie (10)

AQF III passed 18/03/2010 TRA sent 07/04/2010 TRA Approved 27/05/2010 WA SS lodged 20/12/10 WA SS rec 03/02/11 Visa lodged 05/02/11 CO assigned 07/03/11 VISA GRANTED 10/05/11 :biggrin:

Guest Nissy1771

Cool but because of the new visa smp for most territories i have heard that this is the priority! Not the previous visa applications. Does anyone know if this is true?

The new SMP has allowed a unknown certain number of visas (quota year on year), if this quota of visas as been met before the end of the year then the door will be shut until the following year and start of a new quota!!!! ?????

In simple terms if WA is allowing lets say 5000 visa applicants, and a family of 5 with 1 main applicant is applying. Then that is 5 down 4995 to go!

The WA SMP (quota) is the priority, as it is new and need to establish quickly the SMP for 2012...so in turn i have heard that they are pushing this year through as quick as they can!!!

Has anyone else heard that?

The misses Clare has got a number but I am not sure if it is the trn number that has been mentioned. what does the trn number look like?

As you can see chomping at the bit, need to go need to go need to go want to go want to go want to go!

:laugh: thanks to you all in advance nissy

Cool but because of the new visa smp for most territories i have heard that this is the priority! Not the previous visa applications. Does anyone know if this is true?

The new SMP has allowed a unknown certain number of visas (quota year on year), if this quota of visas as been met before the end of the year then the door will be shut until the following year and start of a new quota!!!! ?????

In simple terms if WA is allowing lets say 5000 visa applicants, and a family of 5 with 1 main applicant is applying. Then that is 5 down 4995 to go!

The WA SMP (quota) is the priority, as it is new and need to establish quickly the SMP for 2012...so in turn i have heard that they are pushing this year through as quick as they can!!!

Has anyone else heard that?

The misses Clare has got a number but I am not sure if it is the trn number that has been mentioned. what does the trn number look like?

As you can see chomping at the bit, need to go need to go need to go want to go want to go want to go!

:laugh: thanks to you all in advance nissy

My TRN is a 10 digit number with a mixture of letters and numbers and starts with an 'E'. You could ask your agent if you havnt already got it, cant see it doing any harm logging on to check. Would be much better than you calling them every other week.

The DIAC website has a service charter which specifies the expected processing times for each visa type.

Yes anyone who is sponsored by a state under their SMP gets priority over non state sponsored. Each state has a quota though so once the Catagory 2s are out of the way DIAC will move back to processing cat 3s (which it sounds like you are in). Be warned it may take up to 2 years to get the visa - but hopefully your agent told you that.

perhaps worth having a read of the DIAC site as this also details the priority processing arrangements for various visa types.

best wishes

Jo

176 (family sponsored) lodged 14/05/09, NT SS applied 24/05/10 - granted 12/01/11...now Cat 2...CO allocated 08/02/11...visa grant 11/02/11..arrived in Qld 12/05/11...landed in Darwin 13/07/11 - our new home!!!

Guest VickyMel

Hi Nissy

Welcome to PIO

Ask your agent for your TRN number - then you can track your progress on this web site

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

Paul - yes ask your agent for it - we have kept an eye on ours - someone the other day was actually logged on when their CO was updating things and they could see they were progressing towards a CO.

Nissy - also check out the front page of Connies cat 2 thread. The first post lists people waiting for COs and Visas by date they lodged the application - it will give you an idea of how things are progressing towards you

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/98525-category-2s-where-you-now.html

You can also send a blank email email this address (its a computer)

aspc.processing@immi.gov.au

it will tell you what date of skilled visa application they are up to at the moment - it is updated each fortnight.

Looks like you are slightly out of luck a bit at the moment as DIAC I think said they were stopping at 13 Dec SMP lodged applications while they caught up with some earlier applications - but should start again soonish I imagine? So worth checking the email regularly to see when they start again.

VickyMel

Hi VickyMel is the TRN number for the state sponsorship or is that after you've lodged a visa? I'm wanting to check on the state sponsorship as have'nt lodged a visa yet!

Paul (40), Lesa (41), Jason (12) and Jamie (10)

AQF III passed 18/03/2010 TRA sent 07/04/2010 TRA Approved 27/05/2010 WA SS lodged 20/12/10 WA SS rec 03/02/11 Visa lodged 05/02/11 CO assigned 07/03/11 VISA GRANTED 10/05/11 :biggrin:

Guest china

The TRN is for your visa - for your state sponsorship I think it is just a reference number - we applied for sponsorship from south australia, so it might be different but there was an online tracking system, where you put in your reference number and last name and you could then see whether you had sposonrship yet. Hopefully someone with WA SS can give you an exact answer. Good luck :)

Guest VickyMel

Hi Paul

The TRN is for DIAC - maybe try asking one of the WA people re checking WA applications. I'm not sure if there is a WA thread running at the moment to see what date they are up to.

Vicky