887 visa query

Zoot

I am trying to apply for the 887 visa online. I follow the prompts from the DIAC page regarding an online application for an 887 visa but the very first screen I come to asks for a TRN number (transaction reference number) which it appears is what you get after having applied for the visa. So obviously I am missing a step here.

Where do you go to get your TRN number? What is the initial step that issues you with a TRN number so that you can actually fill in all the information needed for the visa.

I know one can do a paper based application but the thought of printing all the documents, getting them certified and sending them off not to mention the extra time it will take is too much to get my head around.

Guest TheStig

Not only for the submission, but online applications gets processed more quickly than paper so you are better off doing it online.

That TRN is when you have started a submission and saved it prior and trying to continue it again. To start a fresh application, follow the prompts and when you click on save application (to continue later) or submit, only then you will be provided with a TRN which will stick with you throughout your application process.

Hope it helps.

Archived