Moving to Victoria 2011?

cornish78

Hi ya just wanted to wish you luck with everything. But your all very excited. We are flying out the end of may with two girls 9 and 7 so fingers crossed it won't be to bad of a flights !!! Lol .

We are excited also but same as you very nervous indeed but am sure it will be the best choose we have made. Just looking forward toma new and fantastic life in Australia !! Woo hooo

We got our passports back today with our visa in so it all seems so very real after such a long wait .

Good luck again

Sharon x

QUOTE=ezzybee;983085]Hi all or should I say G'Day!!

Am moving to Pakenham in 1 week, well flights are one week away arrive Melbourne airport on Saturday 12 Feb! We are staying in Pakenham for 3 months then the hope is to settle in Berwick!

Scarey and excited all at the same time!

Partner has to go a week early so he has just landed! I have to do the journey from Heathrow to Melbourne with my 10 year old and 3 year old!! Yes wish me luck now!!!!

Well if anyone out there in the same boat let me know! My 10 year old son is desprate for some friends!!!!!

See you all in Oz soon!!!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm Tania, hubby is David, we have been sponsored by Victoria, and have just put our 176 visa in, seems like it will be about 12 months till we get it back, but any time earlier would be amazing!

I'm a nurse and OH has his own painting and decorating business, so is looking to start up again, we're going on my visa. Children ages 4,6, 16 also coming with us. Plus my 19 yr old daughter, who was born in Queensland so has her own visa (and her boyfriend, on working visa). Our 23 yr old son will join us as soon as he can.

We are heading for Geelong, having done quite a lot of research on the area, schools, uni's, etc and there seems to be plenty of hospitals for my work, and good mix of old and new build houses for OH for work.

Good luck to everyone in their moves.

Tania

Guest VickyMel

I wish!!

No we got a CO at the beginning of November and then the Visa at the end of Jan.

However we actually applied for the Visa back in Oct 2009. (So a year and 3 months from the time we put the application in)

I have changed it a bit so that it reads better.

It is giving me really itch feet reading this thread and watching people get closer to moving - we are still in a state of shock and have not started planning yet.

Vicky

Hi all or should I say G'Day!!

Am moving to Pakenham in 1 week, well flights are one week away arrive Melbourne airport on Saturday 12 Feb! We are staying in Pakenham for 3 months then the hope is to settle in Berwick!

Scarey and excited all at the same time!

Partner has to go a week early so he has just landed! I have to do the journey from Heathrow to Melbourne with my 10 year old and 3 year old!! Yes wish me luck now!!!!

Well if anyone out there in the same boat let me know! My 10 year old son is desprate for some friends!!!!!

See you all in Oz soon!!!

Hi best of luck with the move.

Our eldest boy will be 10 when we arrive in June.

Looking forward to hearing how you find Pakenham as we are still undecided as to where we will stay.Have booked a shortem rental in Seaford for a month.

All the best with the trip!

PG

Guest futureexpat

My first post - can I join? We have just been granted our visas and are now coming for a reccie to Melbourne at the end of May. Hope to move to Melbourne in September.

Hello to everyone, I'm sarah my oh Phil. He is a vehicle paint sprayer and has been sponsored, we are just finishing off the last of our paperwork for appyling for visa's. We have a daughter who is 4, we have been looking at Berwick you seem to get a lot of house for your money.

Guest VickyMel

After what feels like a very odd week chatting about it - I think we are currently aiming at June/July.

Although I would probably move earlier if the right job came up???? If only!

Vicky

Hey all...my eleven year old daughter and I will be moving to Springvale in December 2011. Just sold my house so at the start of October I'll be applying to study & then a student visa for 2 years :-) I think it only seems to take a few weeks for course and visa acceptance from what I have researched. Anyway, my daughter has been accepted in Wellington High School from January 2012 so we need to be there for December! Very excited!!

Guest scottish shell
I've noticed someone has started a thread for Canberra, so thought I'd start one for Victoria...

Anyone else planning to move to Victoria this year?

We're heading to Melbourne in October - flights leave on the 4th, will be in Melbourne from the 17th (spending some time in Sydney and down the coast beforehand).

Would be good to get in touch with others doing the same

Maddie x

Hello Maddie

my husband and I are heading to Victoria in the next two months. Fairfield is our most likley area to rent . I have a job awaiting me in forensic nursing and my husband is prison service.

Would like to chat to people going through the same life changing transition x:cool:

HI,

We are in the very early stages of our move to Victoria. We are using an agent to apply for a 176 visa on my wifes nursing, just filling forms and gettinf all the information at the moment.

Don't know where in Vic we will end up but it will be in easy commuting distence of a hospital as wife does not drive.

We visited Oz almost 3 years ago as a supprise for my wifes 40th birthday (she thought she was going to America until we arrived at the airport to check in) and since then we have talked about making the move. As we are both in our early 40's we thought that it was about time to stop talking about it and just do it.

This thread in moving to Melbourne in 2011, this may be a bit early for us (depending on how long it takes to get our visas) but you never know.

All we can do is keep everything crossed.

Nick.

Guest VickyMel
I wish we were going earlier now - I thought I'd need until October to sort things out/get my head around it but now I wish I was going next week!

Although we're hoping the exchange rate may improve by then :rolleyes:

Aggghhh! Don't mention the exchange rate I had been thinking of opening a bank account and transferring some money late last year but was so worried given the changes and what ifs. Really wish I had done so now.

HI,

We are in the very early stages of our move to Victoria. We are using an agent to apply for a 176 visa on my wifes nursing, just filling forms and gettinf all the information at the moment.

Hi Nick

Nice birthday present!

Welcome to PIO - you might also find the following thread useful to look at when you are waiting for your VIC SS. There was a nurse who received SS not so long ago. The first post has lots of details about people who have applied.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/99554-new-vic-smp-where-you-now.html

sometimes useful just to see how things are moving.

Vicky

Guest Tinkertailerdog

Hello. My husband, I and our 2 girls will be moving out to Melbourne on a 457 next month. My medical and everything else is done so we are just waiting the ok from immigration. This is the second time we have been out there. We spent a year in bayside in 2009 and came back to the UK to check that this was the right decision and guess what ? It wasn't.

We can't wait to get back. I have a job in Sandringham (nurse) and husband (consultant electrical engineer) will hopefully get a job when we get there.

Nice to hear there are so many people doing the same thing.

Cathy.

Hey Cathy,

Thats great news that your moving back over.we live in bayside now, Hopefully we dont run into you in the sandy (the sandy hospital that is - the pub is fine:biggrin:)

best of luck with the move,

Louise.

Hello. My husband, I and our 2 girls will be moving out to Melbourne on a 457 next month. My medical and everything else is done so we are just waiting the ok from immigration. This is the second time we have been out there. We spent a year in bayside in 2009 and came back to the UK to check that this was the right decision and guess what ? It wasn't.

We can't wait to get back. I have a job in Sandringham (nurse) and husband (consultant electrical engineer) will hopefully get a job when we get there.

Nice to hear there are so many people doing the same thing.

Cathy.

Hi everyone

Long time follower, first time poster. Well when I say long time, I mean just over a month or so really, just while my Visa was being approved. Now all is sorted out, I can't wait for the move. Lots to organize, in terms of all my possessions, house etc in England but I think it's only overwhelming if I think of it all at the same time. When I break it down, tackling each item on its own doesn't seem like that big a task.

I have all the same questions as everyone else: where's the best place to live? What's the lifestyle like? etc. Never been to Australia so moving country and job and leaving everything I've ever known behind in Blighty seems like a lot to take in, but last year I spent over t months traveling and I've just got a taste for being away. Of course, that's totally different to relocating and would be interested to hear how other people are finding it. Other than that, I thought I'd just say "hi"!

Hi Cornish78

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, luckily I applied for, was offered then accepted a job with a company that sponsored my 457 Visa. This is the first time that working in, ahem <cough, mumble> IT has had its advantages.

I think initially, while I settle in and find my feet, I'd be looking to live in one of the inner city areas. Don't think that my ideal place exists (anywhere in the world!). I'm in my mid thirties, and single again, and would love to live in a nice quiet area but have a cool vibrant social neighborhood nearby to go out in.