How long before I have to get the Visa stamped on Passport

Ezy Going

Hi,

I have a couple of twited qustions :biggrin:.

First of all how much time do I have to get the visa stamped on my passport, once I get the visa grant from DIAC?

Secondly Can I get the visa stamped from any country which has an Australian consulate or do I have to get it stamped from the home country, from where I applied PR?

The reason I am asking these questions is that the country I am working in now (Angola), does not have an Australian Consulate/embassy. Suppose I get the visa grant in March this year then how much time do I have to get it stamped on my passport?

I may go to Hungary for a month in April (I have Residence visa of Hungary also) can I get my visa stamped on my passport from there? or Do I have to go back to Pakistan to get it stamped (Pakistan being my home country & the country from where I originated the OZ PR process).

Will be grateful for the enlightening comments of the forum members.

Regards,

Ezy

Ezy Going, you do not have to have visa stamped in your passport. People do it because it is convenient, as easy proof of residence status for employers, banks,airlines and such.

All you need to enter Oz is your passport, which you used when you applied to DIAC, customs will scan it in and all your details will pop-up on their screen, including your visa status.

If you do decide to get visa evidenced,than you can do it at any Aus embassy, and closest one to you currently is probably Pretoria, you can courier your passport to them via VFS Australia Visa - The Rules, The Procedure, The Documents.

Archived