Our journey is about to begin

Guest Ginith9

Guest Ginith9

I am so happy.

Just got confirmation from Canberre Uni that i have got a place to study a Masters in Accounting.

Planning to study then apply for residency, but i am soooo stoked.

Big step for us, we have to sell up and to go but hey ho life is too short to hang around :yes:

Congratulations! Do you have any accounting qualifications in the UK? I am about to start my ACCA and will be doing masters once I have completed it. This is an online course though so can be done anywhere in the world. We are off the Perth in March for a reccie and then if we like it we will start our visas : ) I hope they need accountants out there!! Good luck with you studies and travels !!

Guest Ginith9

Hi Laurab1987.

No i have a BA Hons in Business Studies with Economics. I had just enrolled to start ACCA distance, but i am not currently in an Accounting role so would not have got any real on the job experience. I have been in the past and i know that is where i fit. Currently i work for Government in the Policy section, i do the government side of the national accounts, all the business planning, strategy etc. I used to work in the Treasury. I need to do it i love figures and i am much better at them!

We have to sell up because i need the post qualification experience, and i wont get that where i am at the moment (Falkland Islands). Thats why i will be applying for residency on/or near to completion. If you read George Lombards post he said they have just announced that they will be giving more points to Aus qualifications next year. We should (all being well) get in. Its a risk i know, but if we dont get in (but i hope we do) it will have to be plan b....UK....and i would rather not think about that!!!

Life is a risk though isnt it. Up till now i have never been a risk taker...must be the accountant/auditor in me!!!

Guest AustrAnglian

Congrats! UC has a great reputation and ACT also appear to be very responsive with sponsorships so hope it all comes together for you. All the best.

Archived