WA Trades ONLY thread-------SMP---------------

jimithechew

TRADES NO LONGER AVAILABLE VIA THE 'SMP WA SPONSORED' (176,886,475 and 487)

I have noticed on the new WA SMP that Thay no longer sponsor~(correct as of 26/01/11)

323211-Fitter (general) is no longer available, (what the hell is general fitter???)

331212-Carpenter

341111-Electrician (General)

351411-Cook

The Department of Training and Workforce Development - Skilled Migration Western Australia - Occupations in demand

I am applying under 331213-Joiner, I am worried that things can change very quickly, has any one experienced this???

TRADES NO LONGER AVAILABLE VIA THE 'SMP WA SPONSORED' (176,886,475 and 487)

I have noticed on the new WA SMP that Thay no longer sponsor~(correct as of 26/01/11)

323211-Fitter (general) is no longer available, (what the hell is general fitter???)

331212-Carpenter

341111-Electrician (General)

351411-Cook

The Department of Training and Workforce Development - Skilled Migration Western Australia - Occupations in demand

I am applying under 331213-Joiner, I am worried that things can change very quickly, has any one experienced this???

Hi, I maybe wrong but I thought that these trades had been "not available" from when the list was first released in December? I think that the list will be updated at the end Jan/start of Feb (that's what I've understood from the W.A website "SMWA will release any available places on the first working day of every month") so a big difference may be seen then as a lot of people (us included) had been waiting for the W.A SMP since May last year and people who have ended up in cat 3 and cat 4 but their occupations are on W.A SMP will have applied also.

Since we have started this process in 2009 there have been alot of changes in a short space of time and from reading the posts of others who have been in the process longer than us I gather there have been a lot more that I don't know about. It's all a bit nerve-racking at the moment!!:twitcy:

Hi, I maybe wrong but I thought that these trades had been "not available" from when the list was first released in December? I think that the list will be updated at the end Jan/start of Feb (that's what I've understood from the W.A website "SMWA will release any available places on the first working day of every month") so a big difference may be seen then as a lot of people (us included) had been waiting for the W.A SMP since May last year and people who have ended up in cat 3 and cat 4 but their occupations are on W.A SMP will have applied also.

Since we have started this process in 2009 there have been alot of changes in a short space of time and from reading the posts of others who have been in the process longer than us I gather there have been a lot more that I don't know about. It's all a bit nerve-racking at the moment!!:twitcy:

Hi, what stage are you at? I noticed that indeed it does state that new places are available at the start of each month, but once you have applied, in your case, are you not then in the "system" and surly any changes don't affect you? No? What trade are you?

Cheers

Bloody better be the case that they mean they arn't taking further carpenter sponsorship applications at the moment and that carpenters already sponsored and close enough to smell their visa's will still be honoured.........I'll tell you, my towel is ready to be well and truely chucked if they've stiched us up after waiting for the WA SMP's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody better be the case that they mean they arn't taking further carpenter sponsorship applications at the moment and that carpenters already sponsored and close enough to smell their visa's will still be honoured.........I'll tell you, my towel is ready to be well and truely chucked if they've stiched us up after waiting for the WA SMP's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How far along are you, Im just booking my trades test now, should be fine, but knowing my luck ill get an instructor who got out on the wrong side of the bed and will fail me not sharpening my chisel to the correct angle!!!! trust me, this is how my life rolls!!! if it happens it will happen to me!

also au$600 to check my trade certificates!!!! :arghh:

and au$1400 for the practical test!!! WHAAAAT!!!

Think im in the wrong game! :wink:

How far along are you, Im just booking my trades test now, should be fine, but knowing my luck ill get an instructor who got out on the wrong side of the bed and will fail me not sharpening my chisel to the correct angle!!!! trust me, this is how my life rolls!!! if it happens it will happen to me!

also au$600 to check my trade certificates!!!! :arghh:

and au$1400 for the practical test!!! WHAAAAT!!!

Think im in the wrong game! :wink:

Started Vetassess paperwork in April 2009. Did my practical back in August 2009, Applied for WA SS in September which is when s**t hit the fan with the visa process !!!!.......waited 6 months to receive my WA SS, applied for my 176 visa March 2010 then all changed and had to wait for SMP's.

Nine months later and WA SMP's are published and CO's are all over the place.......now this bomb shell ........Carpenters are not available on WA SMP list at the moment. I thought i was in touching distance of a visa....WHY.... because friends of mine who applied for their 176 visa WA sponsored in April 2010 are in the middle of being dealt with by a CO.......JEALOUS....ME....NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest MarkandVerlie

Hi There,

I'm a sponsored "Fitter - General"

To answer the question "What the hell is fitter general" There are different types of fitter on the list: Fitter/Turner, Gas Fitter, Metal Fitter/Machinist, Fitter General. I don't know what trade you are, but Fitter general is what used to be "Fitter - Maintenance" on the old system. It's someone who carry's out plant maintenance on fixed machinery, in my case Power Stations and Oil Refinerys.

I have a mate who applied for WA SS the day the SMP allowed new applications, he's also Fitter General, and while I can't comment on the other trades, I know for a fact that trade was available when the list first came out. I may be wrong, but I think when the list first came out the only trade that was listed as unavailable was "Cook"

Carpenter was shown as available when the list first came out !!!!!

Hi, what stage are you at? I noticed that indeed it does state that new places are available at the start of each month, but once you have applied, in your case, are you not then in the "system" and surly any changes don't affect you? No? What trade are you?

Cheers

Hi, my OH is a bricklayer. We are applying for WA SS having passed VETASSES in May 2010. Hopefully any changes to the list don't effect us as like you say we are in the system but as I have seen on someone elses post they've had to reapply as they hadn't attached the correct docs or something. I'm guessing if that happens then we would lose our place. I'm just being rather pessimistic then I don't have so far to fall. We have to apply to the DIAC before the 1st July as the new points system scuppers our chances.