visiting australia

Guest james11

Guest james11

since i retired from work after 42 yrs in the meat trade i have thought about a good 3 weeks holiday in australia to coincide with the nrl rugby season maybe 2011--2012.

one of the reasons for wanting to come "down under" is that i have an old school-mate who ame over there in 1962 and would really like to meet up with him.

is there a thread on this forum where contact is permitted to search for relatives/friends.

hoping to hear from someone cheers james 11

Guest james11

thanks for the reply cal,

my mates name is ----christopher john kenny who came over in july 1962 we were good mates from starting school up to him emigrating with his mother and father and younger sister margaret.

i have no idea where they settled this is a long shot i know but maybe someone out there may know something or able to put me in the right direction to continue my search.

they came from the " clock-face "area in st.helens,lancashire. cheers

since i retired from work after 42 yrs in the meat trade i have thought about a good 3 weeks holiday in australia to coincide with the nrl rugby season maybe 2011--2012.

one of the reasons for wanting to come "down under" is that i have an old school-mate who ame over there in 1962 and would really like to meet up with him.

is there a thread on this forum where contact is permitted to search for relatives/friends.

hoping to hear from someone cheers james 11

G'day mate- NRL, suggest that you watch the State Of Origin... Here are the dates and venues for 2011. 2012 yet to be advised.

2011 Rugby League State of Origin 2011 - Queensland v New South Wales

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest james11

thanks bob i see we have a few of your chaps over here im looking forward to seeing big willy against fielden that was the best decking id seen for yrs cheers jim.

thanks bob i see we have a few of your chaps over here im looking forward to seeing big willy against fielden that was the best decking id seen for yrs cheers jim.

Oh, I don't know...Far better was watching ET (Andrew Ettingshausen) dropping Martin 'Onfire' Offiah...time and time again.:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest james11

thanks for the reply bob,i never rated offiah" too scared " he wasnt a good player,i was watching mal meninga last night on dvd now there was a good player.

i see you may be getting james graham next from my club he is one who can hold his own. jim.