Sign in to follow this  
legoman

the land of opportunity

Well I am pretty gobsmacked, at 49 yrs old i applied late last year to uni in Perth as I wanted a serious career change.

received letter today, my 1st options been accepted and offer been sent.

HELP! anyone else out there a 'extremely mature student' done this before as one is rather nervous now.

downside is the semester begins feb tho I have applied for a mid year intake.

:shocked:

Guest guest30085

Go for it! Im classed as a mature student (went back in my early 30's and now sad to say Im mid 30's) Its great and wish I had done mine years ago. Bloody hard work though. There is a complete mix of ages at Uni so you wont be the oldest by far. I hope it all goes well for you :)

Guest Bobby
Well I am pretty gobsmacked, at 49 yrs old i applied late last year to uni in Perth as I wanted a serious career change.

received letter today, my 1st options been accepted and offer been sent.

HELP! anyone else out there a 'extremely mature student' done this before as one is rather nervous now.

downside is the semester begins feb tho I have applied for a mid year intake.

:shocked:

Nice one :biggrin: can you stay in Oz permanent or is it just a visa for the length of your course,

Guest sh7t man no way

nice one mate go for it--a positive attitute is all it takes--well done

Guest juliemtaylor

well I retrained int Aged Care when I arrived last year and never looked back!

Julie x

Congratulations on the offer ... all the best

Ali x

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Never too late sir, I think you'll find that your age gives you many advantages.

What are you going to study?

"An inspirational leader...exceptionally enthusiastic, committed and motivated" OFSTED 2014.

psychology

What career do you fancy?

"An inspirational leader...exceptionally enthusiastic, committed and motivated" OFSTED 2014.

clinical psychologist, I have some psychotherapy quals, and other therapy quals from both the uk and oz

thanks for all the supportive messages everyone :notworthy:

clinical psychologist, I have some psychotherapy quals, and other therapy quals from both the uk and oz

thanks for all the supportive messages everyone :notworthy:

PIO should be a busman's holiday for you then eh:wink:

I suddenly felt very old on receipt of my letter, I originally entered australia as a gasfitter, but found it difficult to adapt. still have my licence though. just in case lol

I suddenly felt very old on receipt of my letter, I originally entered australia as a gasfitter, but found it difficult to adapt. still have my licence though. just in case lol

I decided to go to uni (in the UK) at 36, after working in admin, then the music industry, then kids homes...best thing I ever did to be honest.

You'll be reminded of the old adage by George Bernard Shaw - 'Youth is wasted on the young'!:yes:

Well done mate. You will have a great time at Uni - what's the union like? Make sure you get your student travel concessions and all that too!

Best Newcomer 2013-14.