the land of opportunity

legoman

Well I am pretty gobsmacked, at 49 yrs old i applied late last year to uni in Perth as I wanted a serious career change.

received letter today, my 1st options been accepted and offer been sent.

HELP! anyone else out there a 'extremely mature student' done this before as one is rather nervous now.

downside is the semester begins feb tho I have applied for a mid year intake.

:shocked:

Guest guest30085

Go for it! Im classed as a mature student (went back in my early 30's and now sad to say Im mid 30's) Its great and wish I had done mine years ago. Bloody hard work though. There is a complete mix of ages at Uni so you wont be the oldest by far. I hope it all goes well for you :)

Well I am pretty gobsmacked, at 49 yrs old i applied late last year to uni in Perth as I wanted a serious career change.

received letter today, my 1st options been accepted and offer been sent.

HELP! anyone else out there a 'extremely mature student' done this before as one is rather nervous now.

downside is the semester begins feb tho I have applied for a mid year intake.

:shocked:

Nice one :biggrin: can you stay in Oz permanent or is it just a visa for the length of your course,

I suddenly felt very old on receipt of my letter, I originally entered australia as a gasfitter, but found it difficult to adapt. still have my licence though. just in case lol

I decided to go to uni (in the UK) at 36, after working in admin, then the music industry, then kids homes...best thing I ever did to be honest.

You'll be reminded of the old adage by George Bernard Shaw - 'Youth is wasted on the young'!:yes: